Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 1:42:49 PM EDT
The Mormon Odyssey
A young man's vision gave rise to the Mormon Church. Joseph Smith founded a booming faith that's confronting its past as it looks to the future.

Family Matters: A Mormon couple poses outside the Salt Lake City temple

Click here to read the complete article on MSNBC.

Second Article on President Gordon B. Hinckley, Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Excerpt
This experience, known as the First Vision by Smith's followers, ultimately gave the world a new faith: Mormonism, or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which now has more than 12 million members and, thanks to the vigorous missionary tradition started by Smith himself, is one of the fastest-growing Christian denominations in the United States.
====================

Just wanted to share this article for those of you who have yet to see / read it.  Let's not turn this into a "Mormon Bashing" thread please.  Keep that in my other thread; it would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My goodness!  I normally can't stand Newsweek, but this article actually seems pretty evenhanded.

LOL!  My wife and I also took a cheesy picture in front of the Salt Lake Temple.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
interesting read,
thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
That was a pretty good article. Interesting.... And like Shane333 said, I normally won't take the time
to pick up a copy of that rag unless there's absolutely nothing else to read.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought they would have glossed over Boggs and MO.  

Ok story, but the interview with GBH was pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked the article for the most part.  I love listening to President Hinckley.

Rachel
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I liked the article for the most part.  I love listening to President Hinckley.

Rachel

Hey, you are the one in GD with the stat's question.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the links.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top