Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 3:51:55 PM EDT
So after big labor, liberals, and (of course) ACORN turned this state from red to blue in the last election, it seems that they are not getting the "big payoff" they were expecting.

What's that, you say?  You mean that money is not growing on trees, and there is no "hope and change" as everyone was promised by the Democrats?

Nope.  Not unless by "change" they meant "it will get worse."

Because that is exactly what is happening in Ohio right now.  The economy IS GETTING WORSE.

<–––––––– My shocked and surprised face.

According to a local front page news story this morning, home foreclosures are at a higher rate in Ohio in December of 2009 than they were in December of 2008.

Think maybe the assholes are starting to wake up and realize they have been completely had?

I hope so.  After all, even the dumbest Democrat must at some point be capable of realizing he is more fucked now than he ever was under President Bush.

In the meantime, Democratic leadership has shown exactly how big a priority new job creation for union members is by spending quality time in Copenhagen helping to craft new "environmental agreements" that will help to further stifle new job creation and REDUCE the American standard of living.

Well anyways fuck 'em.  If they voted for "hope and change" and are losing their homes now, they deserve it.  Stupid SHOULD hurt, you know?

Also in the news headlines this week: unemployment among workers in Detroit has reached FIFTY (yes, "FIVE ZERO") PERCENT, Michigan being one of the few states that is actually more fucked than Ohio right now.

Just thought I'd share this update on the "hope and change" on the local scene here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:04:47 PM EDT
It's Bush's fault!

j/k
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:06:57 PM EDT
NEWSFLASH: Ohio Economy Getting Worse - "Hope & Change" Nowhere To Be Seen!

That's not entirely true. The health care reform bill looks like it will pass. That is change.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 4:08:45 PM EDT by AtomicPunk09]
17% + unemployment where I live (Mahoning/Trumbull County). My Congressman Timmy Ryan has been voting lock and step with everything. Hopefully, this will be his last term.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:25:32 PM EDT
Ohio October 2009 Unemployment Rate 10.5%
Ohio November 2009 Unemployment Rate 10.6%

October 2009 Unemployment Rates for Counties
Trumbull County: 13.5%
Mahoning County: 12.0%
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:32:28 PM EDT
Be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it.

Ohio has received that for which it voted.

The three keys to getting elected are to promise a job, promise hope and promise a place in the lifeboat.

Before the last election, my neighborhood was festooned with Obama banners.  I laughed and waved my arm towards the rich section of town on the hill and asked,  "do you think that the people up there with their CPAs are going to pay for everything".  Then, I turned and waived my arm towards the section of town where the people don't pay federal income tax and asked the same question.  

Haa haa.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:36:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bcochran:
Be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it.

Ohio has received that for which it voted.

The three keys to getting elected are to promise a job, promise hope and promise a place in the lifeboat.

Before the last election, my neighborhood was festooned with Obama banners. I laughed and waved my arm towards the rich section of town on the hill and asked,  "do you think that the people up there with their CPAs are going to pay for everything".  Then, I turned and waived my arm towards the section of town where the people don't pay federal income tax and asked the same question.  

Haa haa.

Very well put.

Amen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:04:19 PM EDT
Yep  getting a lot worse  was layed off after 24 years   this time last year  we had 29 working    this week there down to 9.  yep  that hope and change is working just fine in the Buckeye.    Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:16:52 PM EDT
In fairness, the Ohio economy was heading straight for the shitter well before Obama came into the picture, and has been for maybe the better part of the 2000's by my estimation.

Politically, I think Columbus could be saved.  Cleveland has gone full retard, I don't know if there is hope there.

Thank god for the hard working people in our rural areas.  Ohio truly is the heartland.  Despite the flat and boring topology in most of the state, I really do love it here.  Any time I step outside the limits of the major cities I meet some of the best folks in the whole damn world.
Top Top