Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 1:04:22 PM EDT
I got orders to move to TX and I am trying to close on my house in Fort Riley. There is an early payoff penalty on my home loan for $2000. This is not covered under the Soldiers and Sailors reilief Act. I need to know from people who really know if I can do something about this. i am a soldier, I am not rich. This will kill me for a while to come!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that. did you try JAG they might be able to help you.

Cody
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on JAG. Out of curiosity, why'd you get a loan with an early payment fee when you should know that you might PCS?  Anyhow, can't you get an extra 2K  from your home sale?

BTW, I find it very bad form to go around saying 'I'm a soldier, so help me'.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Id start a thread in the GD to see if you can get some more input. Legal forum isnt too busy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
You signed a contract which listed the penalty. Not rocket science that you would be stuck paying it.

Honestly, I haven't had a lender try and pull that for some time.

Really, 2k isn't that much. Your home appreciation should have covered it. Think of it as a cheap lesson!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top