Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 1:22:26 PM EDT
I'm not a computer person as many here already know...
(WebTV is more my speed.)

I'm finally making the transition to the computer (which I'm on right now) and I see much of the antivirus software that is installed is from years ago, and is Win95 stuff.
(I have Win98)

Only thing that leads me to think I may have a virus, is I've been getting weird emails that make no sense, and returned emails that I never sent.

What gives ???
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
No, the emails are being sent from my computer, but get returned "no such ..."

I'm also getting emails sent to my webtv addy from people I've emailed from my PC.
Those emails I sent included my webtv address in them for an alternate contact address.

The mail is usually words that don'r make a sentance, or there is a picture of a big speaker "wav" attachment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Go here [url]http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_downl.htm?session=82fdc92694109f1847d0b80e84c5bf4d[/url] it's a like to the free AVG antivirus software.  Run a full system scan.  Then spend the cash and buy some antivirus software.  I prefer Norton Antivirus.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
trendmico's scan is also good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top