Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:04:33 PM EDT
Police Investigate Shooting At Huntersville Shopping Center

POSTED: 2:09 pm EST February 2, 2006
UPDATED: 5:24 pm EST February 2, 2006

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- Police said a double shooting killed one person at Rosedale Commons shopping center off Gilead Road in Huntersville.

According to police, it started with a report of a drunken driver on Interstate 77.

"A trucker on the interstate noticed this vehicle driving erratically, called it in and also noticed that this individual had what appeared to be some type of rifle in the vehicle," said Huntersville Police Capt. Michael Kee.

Investigators said that Huntersville officers joined the pursuit and cornered the van in the Rosedale Commons shopping center on Gilead Road off I-77.

"There was some dialogue exchanged between the officers and the victims and in this case. They were not complying with the orders being given by those officers," said Kee.

Investigators said a man and a woman got out of the van and fired their weapons at police.

Officers said they returned fire, shooting the man and the woman. Officials said the man is dead and the woman was taken to Presbyterian Hospital.

Officials have not released the woman's condition at this time.

Heard about this tonight while on the range at work.  Evidently the driver (the male) exited the vehicle with a 9mm pistol and the female came out with a 22 rifle.  I've ehard the driver took 6 rounds and the passenger took at least one to the chest.  The Trooper wasn't hurt
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate italics...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Lifes tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Bonehead and Clod, romantic heroes of the American interstate.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
who the hell was the victim? the HP?
Go Tarheelian Po leece!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hate italics...

Me too. They should be used when writing Latin, or to emphasize a word or phrase. This oughta help you read it easier:

Police Investigate Shooting At Huntersville Shopping Center

POSTED: 2:09 pm EST February 2, 2006
UPDATED: 5:24 pm EST February 2, 2006

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- Police said a double shooting killed one person at Rosedale Commons shopping center off Gilead Road in Huntersville.

According to police, it started with a report of a drunken driver on Interstate 77.

"A trucker on the interstate noticed this vehicle driving erratically, called it in and also noticed that this individual had what appeared to be some type of rifle in the vehicle," said Huntersville Police Capt. Michael Kee.

Investigators said that Huntersville officers joined the pursuit and cornered the van in the Rosedale Commons shopping center on Gilead Road off I-77.

"There was some dialogue exchanged between the officers and the victims and in this case. They were not complying with the orders being given by those officers," said Kee.

Investigators said a man and a woman got out of the van and fired their weapons at police.

Officers said they returned fire, shooting the man and the woman. Officials said the man is dead and the woman was taken to Presbyterian Hospital.

Officials have not released the woman's condition at this time.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, my girlfriend lives in Huntersville.  At least that's one, maybe two oxygen thieves gone.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
shooting them is cheaper than a trial, a public defense, and providing them with 3 hots and a cot for years to come.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Note to self.  Don't drive drunk.  Don't run from the police.  Don't shoot at the police when they pull you over.  You will die or wish you were.    

Hope the officers involved get through this well.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Stupid drunk =

Stupidity hurts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top