Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:17:20 PM EDT
I ordered a rifle, an Izhmash Biathlon Basic .22 LR. I can pick it up tomorrow.  I was watching the Olympics and became interested in the toggle action.  It turns out that the Izhmash has a very highly regarded 2 stage trigger.  After reading reviews at KFC –– rimfire central –– I was convinced that it would be a good rifle for plinking and practice.

Anyway, it has to go from the dealer FFL in CA to a local dealer FFL here in NJ.

So now, I have to pay the NCIS background check because it is New Jersey's way to discourage this sort of thing.  Also there is the sales tax and transfer fees. Probably total around $100.

I probably should have ordered a Kimber from the CMP.  No NCIS Fee, no sales tax and no additional transfer fee.  There is still shipping but that happens regardless.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:18:08 PM EDT
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service did a background check on you?  Did Special Agent Gibbs do the interview?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:18:52 PM EDT
On your six, Boss!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:19:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service did a background check on you?  Did Special Agent Gibbs do the interview?

Gibbs is bad with computers, probably McGee or DiNoso. Maybe even the hottie Izzy?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:20:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Matt_The_Hokie:

Gibbs is bad with computers, probably McGee or DiNoso. Maybe even the hottie Izzy?

You mean Abby?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:20:59 PM EDT
NICS*
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:21:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Matt_The_Hokie:

You mean Abby?

No Ziva i think her name is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:51:01 PM EDT
How about the Goth chick in the lab?
Top Top