Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2020 7:57:25 PM EDT
Step off time is 0900 hours at 2139 Old Reedy Creek Road, Cary NC. LINK I will plan to be there rain or shine and regardless of how many RSVP.

I have never hiked this trail before, but I don't see any reason CCW would be prohibited. I know there are a few planning on being here that have hiked before, maybe they can chime in, but I think plate carriers would probably be okay.  ETA: Now that I think about it, Raleigh has signs prohibiting CCW on greenways IIRC, I don't know if Cary does as well. I will look into it unless someone else knows for sure about this trail.

35lb ruck for beginners / old / broken, 45lb ruck for novices, and 55lb+ ruck for meat eaters, masochists, and berserkers in great shape that still have functioning knees, backs, and shoulders. We need at least three people on the hike so there are two witnesses for each person that's rucked up and meets the pace requirement of 17-20 minutes miles to count toward a third class qualification (again, see below).

If you don't have a ruck, don't sweat it. If you are out of shape and can only go a mile at a slow walk, don't sweat it. If you can only carry 10lbs in your ruck, don't sweat it. If you can only go one mile an hour, don't sweat it. Just come for the hike. Do what you can. Everyone starts somewhere. There are 27 days between today and the hike to start moving individually, so make good use of them. Move around for at least 30 minutes in some way at least three times a week as a start.

The primary goal is to get like minded folks together to socialize, have some fun, and see if we can't do something like this on the regular. This one will be a tough hike. We tried to do this one a little over a week ago, and it was tough. But we need to conquer this trail so we can get on to bigger and better things!

Link to HTF general interest thread for a central/eastern NC group.

@Philmore
@jdsbusa
@UH_SALT_RIFLE
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
@cmts58
@qualityhardware
@alphajaguars

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
@JasonD
@ARguy
@DarkLordVader
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
@TheTower
@hsracer201
@Seanquigley
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
@PhillyandBCEagles
@ForestRegion
@Ammon­

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
@MattyGunz
@Some_Beach
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome you are getting this one kicked off!  I wont be able to make this one, but after July 27th will be able to swing child care Sat mornings so can do this going forward!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I gotta work on saturdays, looking forward to making one soon though. Thanks for the @!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]

I'll be working, but looking forward to when you guys do one around Burlington!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds hot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure if I can make it BUMP since I am almost at the SC border. Monitoring...
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m starting a new job this week. So I’m not 100% if I can make. I will post later this week to let you know.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
See y'all there
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds hot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds hot.

No pain no gain. Shouldn’t be that bad starting at 0900.

Quoted:
I gotta work on saturdays, looking forward to making one soon though. Thanks for the @!

We can plan the next one for a Sunday. Post up when you can make it in the HTF thread.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'll be there.

Quoted:
See y'all there

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't make it. I have a family get together this weekend BIL is in town with his kids.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't make it. I have a family get together this weekend BIL is in town with his kids.
View Quote

Damn. @JasonD are you still planning on being there? Looks its just you and me left, Mattygunz posted that he hurt his knee in the other thread and won't make it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Still planning on it.

You in?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Still planning on it.

You in?
View Quote

Yeah lets do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top