Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 2:50:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they still talking about the AWB on TV?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that too!

Reporter: "How many rounds does that "clip" hold?"
Cop: "30"
Reproter: "How manyrounds does yours hold
Cop: "17"

The cop carries a fucking handgun!!!!! Get it straight!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep! one local so called news (ABC ch.13 Houston) said gun sales on some of the guns that were banned are up and prices are down to a 1/3 of what they were during the ban.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw that too!

Reporter: "How many rounds does that "clip" hold?"
Cop: "30"
Reproter: "How manyrounds does yours hold
Cop: "17"

The cop carries a fucking handgun!!!!! Get it straight!!!

Yes, but how many rounds does the "clip" in the AR that cop has in his trunk hold?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that segment. Bunch of twisted and spun bullsh*t. Right after a real good piece on CBS and the fiasco over the fake documents.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Steyr, it doesnt matter that rifle wasnt really an AK47. You see, the contents of the rifle was the same.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think if a REAL study was done, 98% of the crimes reported as being done with AK47's would turn out to be really SKS's.

Maybe we should make up a picture guide for the cops and media... no, would not fit their agenda anyway.  They'd just lie.

Which would be better to report?

"Police officer shot and killed today with cheap Chinese junk SKS rifle, which have always been readily available as they were never included in the Assault Weapon Ban."

or

"Police officer gunned down by previously banned AK-47, a favorite of drug dealers and terrorists around the world, like you see here in this al Qaeda training film."
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Tec-9's cousin AP-9 is no longer made either!  Here's mine:

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Girlfriend called the "elite" cops, elite donut eaters
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
A couple of years ago when a neighbor called the cops on me for carrying my AR's out to the pickup for a day of shooting.  When the police showed up I allowed them to search the pickup to see that I was doing nothing wrong and the gal kept calling the AR an AK 47, even after I told her that I don't have an AK she still refered to it as such.  On the other hand all the police were very nice and were in no way rude.  Still cheesed off at my neighbors tho!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I caught the end of this story and saw some of their distortions. And the cop that was advising them (or being interviewed by NBC if you wish) was way off the mark. If cops are so afraid of the people owning firearms perhaps they should turn in their badge and get a "safer" job. And I'm not bashing cops since I am a police dispatcher. And I have said this to officers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
what are the odds of a cop(s) getting into a gunfight with criminals or gangstas that are armed with ak's/ar's/uzi's and so on......very little....majority of the time the crimials would just take off running and toss the guns into someones backyard.....and Majority of the time it's just a small pistol or Handgun....I f*cking hate the media, antigunnist, antigun democraps, and cops who's full of sh*t when they are speaking to the media of "assault weapons"......"oh,  an ak47 and the "m-16" and Uzi's bullets would just simply penetrate a cops body armor and with especially the large cap. mags".........

If there was a button that I could just press to make these ignorant pussified people to just dissappear, I'd press it right away....and our country would become the safest place on earth for a good person to live....

Everyone that wants to be armed-can....so why wouldn't terrorist want to hijack a plane in our country....because Grandma will pop a 44mag up the terrorists ass before he could even go for his trusty box cutter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top