Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 7:11:25 PM EDT
Typical anti-gun NBC ER episode....just had dr benton tell the grieving mom..."get the gun out of the house."  No other options...like giving Mom training or having program for her to have learned responsible gun handling skills.  same old media bias...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see I wasn't the only one upset by this....I mean the mom did shoot her son and all, but it was an accident.  I thought the anti gun message was wrong also.

medcop
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you expect?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, typical liberal bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget she was using evil Black Talons, according to Romano. "Like little razors".
IIRC, all four chambers of the heart were hit, but Benton performed a miracle. Ya, right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't watch it, but if she accidently shot her son, I think that's what I'd be telling her too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Typical anti-gun NBC ER episode....just had dr benton tell the grieving mom..."get the gun out of the house."  No other options...like giving Mom training or having program for her to have learned responsible gun handling skills.  same old media bias...
View Quote

I can't believe you guys still watch that after all they've said.  It has got to be one of the most liberal shows I've ever seen.  I saw one episode about a year ago and the whole thing was about a: Affirmative action and b: how some lady doctor was having trouble with her lesbian lover.  It's like they're desperate for material, having shown it for so long, that they try to be as controversial as possible.  Either that or they gave up and just let their college interns write the scripts....
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
NBC is fighting against the tide.  They have quickly become the furthest left of all three broadcast media outlets. They are hurting because of it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
It's funny but County is in Chicago, If I remember correctly there is a ban on ownership of handguns except for those permitted and grandfathered. ( Since 80's ) Somehow I don't think the woman was "old" enough to have a handgun grandfathered, but hell she could have worked for Daly for all I know, then she's got full-reign to do anything at all....
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What did you expect?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Did she go to one of those friendly neighborhood "Gun Buyback" programs and get a $50.00 voucher?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
It's just like that episode of Left, errr, West Wing. Every time the liberal ass-munch writers feel like their poltical affiliation is in question, they write their stupid shit into their TV shows in order to make themselves feel vindicated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Peter Benton is a doctor. Mark Greene is a doctor. Elizabeth Corday is a doctor. John Carter is a doctor. Doug Ross is a doctor. They know more than you all do and should be listened to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Peter Benton is a doctor. Mark Greene is a doctor. Elizabeth Corday is a doctor. John Carter is a doctor. Doug Ross is a doctor. They know more than you all do and should be listened to.
View Quote

Surely there must be at least one doc in our universe that owns guns?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to really like ER.  I sort of ignored the few stupid episodes that popped up now and then because most of them were really good.  However, the season finale of last season was it.  When they made the guy who used his legally owned gun to stop a killer out to be a gun nut, that was the last straw.  Then Dr. Greene lets the killer die on the way up to the OR.  Sure, a doctor letting a patient die is honorable but someone trying to stop a killer with a gun is BAD BAD BAD!!

I haven't watched anything on NBC since.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I did see "The Boys from Brazil" and Dr. Joseph Mengele owned a gun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Imbroglio,

You are a truely sick man.

Mengele...Good one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#18]
[:D]

Some "character" is always telling me to get rid of my guns.

Think I'll hang on to mine just a little longer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed that load of crap at the end of ER.  If you recall, those words of wisdom came from a character who had just lied under oath to a judge!!    
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw that too, and was pissed.  I haven't watched that show in 2 years, and the one time I decide to give it a shot, they pull that crap.  Does Michael Crighton[sp] still produce this show?
AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#21]
In the past year I was asked to do a Nielson thing. They sent me this log and myself and family had to write down what we were watching. This was a eye-opener for me. It is amazing the lack of network TV I watch. It further was amazing how little TV my kids watch. Even my 10 year old was watching less than 3 hours per day. I think this is because TV has become a bunch of stupid shows that simply push an editorial view. The only way to fight back is use the off switch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like good advice, training with a loaded weapon should be done outside.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

There are two that come into the shop very often, one likes the tricked out 1911's, the other collects Sigs, HK USP's and Bushmaster's
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#24]
My doctor is cool.  His idea of gun control is hitting your target.

He is also a coroner and signs forms 4.  (Coroner out ranks sheriff in Ohio!!)
Small world really - he was coroner when my dad shot himself over 30 years ago.......

Not ALL of them are dipshits!

Turned off Charmed last night after one of the dumb broads refused to be in house with a gun.  I know nearly all TV types are anti but ignore it until they rub it in my face.  At least I can watch Buffy as Sarah is an avid shooter.  Wonder if she would like to attend one of our machine gun shoots?  (Think THAT would make her body guards go spastic??)
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Last night was the last straw for me.  No more er.   I've been trying to look past all the bs that come up on that show, but I'm done.  They just can't keep polictics out of thier episodes.  I am so friggin tired of being preached to about social issues by tv!!! I think it's worse than the west wing, although I have never watched a whole episode of that either.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I can't wait to watch the tape, I was out last night.  I hope it wasn't one of those evil 9mm handguns, they are so dangerous.

BTW if a black talon damaged all four chambers of your heart I think you would be dead in minutes if not seconds.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Gun not shown and Black talons were described as being designed to fragment into razor sharp pieces.  In the context of the show, the shooter was an irresponsible gun owner.  Woke up to the sound of breaking glass and fired at the first shadow she saw.  In real life, such a person really should not have a loaded gun for self-defense.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#28]
My wife watches this show and I always comment on the anti gun slant of the show they usually manage at least one "handgun bad" dig somewhere in there including the older male clerk who is routenly derided for his pro gun stance and portrayed as an idiot. Considering that this show trots out the "GSW to the chest" every 3 minuites to pump up the viewers adrenaline level and draw them into the characters psyche the stance is ludicrious if teh gsw didnt show up every few minuites the writers would have to actually think about a good segue once in a while.
I have been in the emergency room at NYC's Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx (one of NYC's trauma centers) doing work and in 10 hours never saw near the level of GSW's that this place does in the 2 months we were there 1 police officer was brought in shot (perp wnet to morgue) and two guys who shot each other one in the leg and one in the arm while wrestling over a gun. Night shift may be worse we were never there then but most of the staff looked hard rode all the time most times you couldnt tell the Dr's & nurses just comming on from those that had been there 2 days straight.
Makes me never want to go to Chicago --people gettin shot all over the place !
This woman broke the rules of safe gun ownership and target identification --so how she shot him dead in the chest I dont know ...But I know that If I wake out of a sound sleep at night to unfamilier noise the first thing I do is check to see if my wife is still there in the bed and the baby in the crib before shootin up the christmas tree and gifts!
The cat is on her own.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Silly Sheeple....you still watch television?  And you don't think they KNOW you are going to react poorly to their decision to air this crap?  What a great way for them to boost ratings...have even more controversial things on the show.  
Just wait, one of the actors will come out with some "I'm progun and own, but I believe in responsible ownership(for the rich and famous), no assault weapons (ie, anything evil looking), background checks (to elminate any one else from owning), locks, keeping your guns at the range, etc".  And someone will then believe that this guy/gal is progun.  

Wake the F@*#$ up.  Stop watching.  Start reading and writing.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#30]
ER sucks!!!
I know lots of folks take anything they see on TV as real. Come on! That show is so worthless.
Half the stuff they put on there is Bullshit.
If we allow the TV to entertain us instead of finding something worthwhile to do you can expect to keep having to watch that crap.
I like the Discovery Channel myself. I might accidently learn something.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't believe you guys still watch that after all they've said.  It has got to be one of the most liberal shows I've ever seen.  I saw one episode about a year ago and the whole thing was about a: Affirmative action and b: how some lady doctor was having trouble with her lesbian lover.  It's like they're desperate for material, having shown it for so long, that they try to be as controversial as possible.  Either that or they gave up and just let their college interns write the scripts....
View Quote

Thats what I'm saying!

"did you here that commie?" NO! I WAS NOT THERE
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm no longer surprised by what appears on NBC.  Of course I'm also not watching NBC (or any other network that doesn't carry the Detroit Red Wings games) much anymore.

They have their opinion and it differs from mine.  My wife had to keep reminding me, "Television is a one way device, stop yelling at it!!"

Sometimes she makes a lot of sense.

HoldHard
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Makes me never want to go to Chicago --people gettin shot all over the place !
This woman broke the rules of safe gun ownership and target identification --so how she shot him dead in the chest I dont know ...But I know that If I wake out of a sound sleep at night to unfamilier noise the first thing I do is check to see if my wife is still there in the bed and the baby in the crib before shootin up the christmas tree and gifts!
The cat is on her own.
View Quote

Cook County Hospitial is the place to go to if you are shot in the city.  The Army sends its doctors there to learn how to fix gunshot wounds.
This is from a person that lives outside of Chicago.
The 'hood its in is not the greatest, heck being inside that place is not the greatest.
c-rock
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#34]
The bimbo mom character on the show pretty much typifies a person a person in real life that should not own a gun, because she said "I don't like guns, but I bought one for self-protection since someone brought into her place."
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Earlier this year they slammed a guy that was ccw and shot a serial killer in the park.  My only problem was the good guy didn't drop the guy the bad guy was able to return fire and get away after being hit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#36]
That comment from Benton on ER made me really pissed.  ER sucks.  I about jumped out of my chair when I heard that crap spew from Benton's mouth.  Yes, he did just commit perjury.

I don't think I'll ever watch that show again.  This was the last straw.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I havent watched ER in over a year and a half.  I happened to catch the last episode over at my friends house while his wife was watching it.

As soon as the GSW patient came in, my friend and I were waiting for something...

they saved it for the last...

We said, "I knew it! I knew it!, pointing back and forth at each other.  Another "hollywood" stab at guns.  

Inch by inch they will take them away....  our guns then our rights.

I am glad I got to see the episode.  Because it made sure I would never ever watch another episode.

I will even watch less of NBC.

If you turn it on NBC just think about your right to own a gun and if you want to support that broadcasting station.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Look what 9divdoc found:
[url]www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/591426/posts[/url]

You guys should all do what KBaker did and flood NBC with nasty E-mail.

Also send nasty E-mail to Seagrams liquor. They and NBC just agreed to the first EVER TV campaign for hard liquor. The reason to break the 1948 agreement between the networks? NBC is LOOSING money bigtime.

We should all do everything we can to make this loss WORSE.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought the end of the show where Carter said goodbye to his mentor, Benton, was very touching. I hear that Anthony Edwards wants to leave the show and this could be his last season also.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um...actually....they are......ACTORS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:18:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn, I wish I wasn't already boycotting the Big Three.

But then again, my blood pressure has improved drastically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top