Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/10/2002 9:34:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/10/2002 9:34:49 AM EST by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:43:28 AM EST
[i]pharmaceutical and medical infrastructure...equipment to produce vaccines[/i] That's not quite the same as rockets, long-range radar and spy satellites, now is it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:50:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/10/2002 9:51:22 AM EST by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:03:55 AM EST
Ok, to start with some world politics....of the middle eastern nations which are shitty, Iran is one of the least shitty. The people for the most part like Americans and it was shocking to me that it was labeled amongst the "axis of evil" that W put out. Besides that, your Israel/China, NATO/Iran analogy is weak at best. Kar98 is correct in that the equipment really does have a dual purpose, which should be monitered at the very least. It would be the responsible thing to do. When was the last time an Iranian was a terrorist anyway?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:10:22 AM EST
[img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/killwhitey.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:41:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:05:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:21:15 AM EST
There's that "Leave me alone while I'm taking a crap" photo again. Hey [b]anti-gov-tinfoil-man [/b], great shot, but how'd you keep the bathroom stall door open long enough to take this picture without getting shot? I figured this clown would have had 30 or 40 of his minions in there with him to wipe his butt. Blows that theory![:\] [img]home.wi.rr.com/antigov/killwhitey.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:30:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: Another one for you Kar98 and Balzac72
View Quote
Dude! I don't care! To figure out which of those two people I like better, Israel or Persia, all I have to do is look at the shape of the Kar98's rebarreled to .308 and issued to the Israelis, and the Gewehr 98/29 sold and issued to the Persians, and I know who my favorite is. The former: not a bit cared for, rotten, rusty, beat up, a $30 gun, and the latter, in near mint condition, looks like it was made last week and went to a parade yesterday, a $300 gun. Plus, I can bitch about Iran all day long without being called an Anti-Aryan.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:07:36 PM EST
France doesn't surprise me. They did after all do most of the work on Iraq's nuclear reactor in the early 80s (that Israel shut down the "hard" way).
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:35:53 PM EST
Iran might have chemical weapons (probably does), but if so, it has never used them. Not even against Iraq during the 1980's war, when Iraq was gassing Iranian troops. The U.S. has chemical weapons, too. The U.S. must be just as evil as Iran. I'll believe that Iran has a biowarfare program when they dust Washington D.C. Meanwhile, I'll bet that the equipment is being used for exactly what they say: vaccination and research. They may be fanatics, but they're honest fanatics.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:45:52 AM EST
I heard about this YEARS AGO, but I also heard that it was being stopped (leaving the Russians to supply them). WTF!
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed: I'll believe that Iran has a biowarfare program when they dust Washington D.C. Meanwhile, I'll bet that the equipment is being used for exactly what they say: vaccination and research. They may be fanatics, but they're honest fanatics.
View Quote
Oh great! Yeah, let's wait and find out. [:(] I saw Tom Friedman (big-shot NYT columnist and go-between on the "Saudi Peace initiative") interviewed last week or so. He spends a lot of time in the middle-east interviewing the important people (on and off the record). He wasn't anti-Iran at all and mentioned some encouraging dynamics taking place over there. He did however also say that (off the record) there was an acknowledgement from the Iranians he talked to that they are not pursuing a 100% civilian nuclear energy program. Publicly it's a different story of course. Not surprising really. Iran is not France and is well-sourced in the energy department.
Top Top