Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 11:20:55 PM EDT
For any of you music buffs who aren't familiar with [url]http://www.audiogalaxy.com/index.php?[/url],  it is the real deal.  None of that FTP crap, either.

I've downloaded over 800 songs through Napster over the past few months, but it was NEVER this functional.  I picked up 123 songs while watching Crocodile Dundee II with the little lady this evening. Just cue up a couple hundred songs, and go to bed.  Wake up in the morning with fresh tunes. If you will take a couple of hours to familiarize yourself with all the great options available with this program, I promise you will never use Napster again.  There is a small file to download in order to be able to swap music, but it is less than a meg.  

HINT:
If you will create a new/empty folder on your hard drive somewhere to download the new songs to, others won't be able to leech off of you while you are downloading.  After you download a nice chunk of songs, move them into your original music folders and start filling the empty folder again.  From what I understand, the only files that people can upload from you are the ones that you install in the new folder you created.  For example: If you have 1000 songs already in the folder that you are downloading new songs to, chances are much greater that you will be uploading nearly as many as you are downloading at any given time.  Unless, of course, your taste in music totally sucks.  

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good post cope, Ironically just when I clicked on this... I finished my download to the new version. I have been using this for the last year and a half. All I have to say is "Napster shnapster"

I give this software the rating of one full mag.

(as opposed to 3/4, 1/2, and Oh shit I surrender)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
PF,

That 20 gig slave drive that has been idling along in my sytem doing virtually nothing lately should get a nice workout with this recent discovery.  Why didn't you tell me about this 6 months ago?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Cope, Bro... If it's idle... hehehe send it to me... Time for pop to move to the terrabyte SCSI array

My 20 has 1 GB left... Should last me a couple days. heheh.

Let's see, what do I want to listen to tonite? (Yes it is that easy!)

- not napster
- resumes aborted downloads
- easy to navigate
- suggests artists you may like
- Life is good...

Troy, Bear is sweet too... But, I use it mostly for movies. Before they hit the Big Screen... (Let's see... taking up HD space is Saving ryan, gone in 60 secs., Gladiator, Pearl Harbor, Enemy @ the gates; Mummy returns... damn I need to clean house.)

Just do a search for   *.asf    you will find plenty'o flicks for the askin. Make sure your'e runnin at 512k or better. 700 meg dl's take a long fricken time  ;P

[edited because i can be an idiot]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.bearshare.com[/url] for movies, eh?  Cool.  I guess you guys have known about this for over a year as well?  Man, I gotta start getting out and about more.  While I haven't seen 512k lately, I can usually run at about 350k if the other end is tuned up.

Being a NC hillbilly, I have took a liking to this band. [url]http://www.scots.com/[/url]  
No, it's not bluegrass. However, I happen to be a big fan of bluegrass when the mood strikes.  Ever heard of Telluride?  Anyway, [b]Southern Culture on the Skids[/b] dishes out some grooves unlike any other.  Unfortunately, their site hasn't been updated since February, but there is a pile of interesting reading on it.  They just so happen to be doing a festival nearby this Saturday night.  Gonna be a busy day.  The Garand Clinic Saturday, and SCOTS that night.  Gonna be a goodern'.  

Do yourself a favor, and do a search for "Southern Culture on the Skids".  As a short list, start out with a few of these.

Camel Walk
Ditch Diggin
Banana Puddin
Dirt Track Date
Barnyard Ballbuster
Put Your Teeth Up on The Windowsill
Carve That Possum

You'll either like it, or your simply a freak of nature. [^]

[img]http://www.scots.com/gallery/images/group1lg.jpg[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top