Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 7:19:36 PM EDT
This weekend I picked up a P-32 and I've owned a Guardian for a couple of years.  After a trip to the range to compare them side by side, and carrying the P-32 for a few days, I conclude the following:
1.  In every respect, except weight, the Guardian is the smaller of the two.  The P-32 is light and thin, but it is longer and taller than the NAA.  If you want to carry in the pocket of running shorts, the P-32 has a slight advantage for that reason.  The difference in weight is small to start, and narrows a bit when both guns are loaded.  With a full magazine, the P-32 isn't as remarkably light as it feels empty.
2.  My Guardian and P-32 are equal in practical accuracy.
3.  Recoil is about the same in both guns.
4.  The Guardian is a much handsomer and more nicely constructed gun than the Kel Tec.  It is also more expensive.
5. No reliability problems with either gun.

Final verdict?  The Guardian is generally a classier pistol.  The difference in weight is a matter of a couple ounces, if that is critical to you, then buy the P-32.  Of the two, I'd say it is also more likely to retain its value.  I'll be carrying my Guardian in preference to my P-32 most days, I expect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top