Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:45:19 AM EDT
MSNBC is reporting that the NAACP is calling for compensation for hurricane victims like they did for 9-11 victims.

I'm now officially speechless.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
of course, just another shakedown opportunity by a bunch of <removed>
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I jammed my toe into the doorjamb earlier when my fucking retarded neighbor woke me up for bullshit.

Do I get compensation?
Fucking worthless rat bastard nutsucking bitches.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Ugh. I give up on these people.

I used to think hermits were crazy and disturbed, but now I'm starting to see their point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
FUCK THAT!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not?  I mean, if 9/11 victims deserved it (which they didn't) but got compensated for something unfortunate that happened, why shouldn't NO?  Seriously.

Don't get me wrong--I think neither deserves compensation--but what's the difference between the two cases that made it OK for NYC but not OK for NO?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If I remember correctly .........that exact point was brought up back in 01................Once you pay out for one "event" your gonna pay out again and agian and again.......no mater what way you go your at fault.................. can you see your taxes going up yet??
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly .........that exact point was brought up back in 01................Once you pay out for one "event" your gonna pay out again and agian and again.......no mater what way you go your at fault.................. can you see your taxes going up yet??

Uh-huh... that point was made and nobody wanted to hear it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
One of my SO coworker's son-in-law was killed at the WTC. No trace of him was ever found and it really sucked for his pregnant wife, friends and family. Her husband was a VP at a brokerage firm and she was compensated by the 9-11 fund, his company and his life insurance. She ended up with several million dollars tax free (mostly) dollars.  She has since remarried and had a second child with her new husband. Life goes on.

The 9-11 compensation fund was wrong. The Katrina compensation fund is absurd.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why not?  I mean, if 9/11 victims deserved it (which they didn't) but got compensated for something unfortunate that happened, why shouldn't NO?  Seriously.

Don't get me wrong--I think neither deserves compensation--but what's the difference between the two cases that made it OK for NYC but not OK for NO?

9/11 victims were offered compensation to prevent an onslaught of 3,000 civil lawsuits that would have crippled the airline industry that was already suffering after the event.

Who are these people going to sue in this case?  ...besides GWB of course
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Silly goose, Hurricanes Incorporated and Southwestern Levee Manufacturing of course.
They might even go after the Catholic Church.....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Just when you think it can't get any dumber.

What's next? (Maybe I shouldn't say that.)
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

9/11 victims were offered compensation to prevent an onslaught of 3,000 civil lawsuits that would have crippled the airline industry that was already suffering after the event.

This is why the law that will protect the Firearms industry from being sued because of the illegal acts of a third party should be expanded to cover everyone.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Compensation for what???  More welfare??  More government funded housing??  More food stamps???  Whats gonna happen when you give them money??  Most of that money will disappear over night at the local malls buying Air Jordans and nice shiny watches.  Fuck that shit.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats the trouble they have been compensated. They call it welfare. Thats why they did'nt leave or do anything to help themselves. I feel sorry for the people that really had losses (Homes and Family) those are the ones I would like to help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Does the NAACP ever call for anything that doesn't involve sending shoeboxes full of money to the projects - other than things that call for sending footlockers full of money to the projects?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
If I hear anything what so ever about this in the US Senate my 2 senators will be hearing from me pronto
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I could make a comment here but I don't want my account locked...so, you'll just have to imagine...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I could make a comment here but I don't want my account locked...so, you'll just have to imagine...

Ok I will.....................I wants compensation, I haven't worked on my truck because I'm watching the hurricane coverage too much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top