Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:56:44 PM EDT
And shooting silver dollars.

Looks like both myths were busted but I have to know if OP has tried these too.

I did love at the end of the show how the main guys warned the assistants that they were going to get a lot of e-mail from us gun guys saying they screwed up somehow.

I would also like to see the dimes in the shotgun on a pattern board.

Oh, you had to love watching the crew trying to shoot down the gallows.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't all have cable.  What happened?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
go here for the discussion of them making a fully automatic weapon in the same show.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thier first experiment was shooting a silver dollar in a very flexible mount with a 19th century handgun.
This was supposed to recreate shooting silver dollars in the air. The (2) old pistols were an 1873 SAA & a 1851 Navy. Both guns hit the silver dollars but only bent them. The projectiles didn't pierce the silver. Then they used a modern .357 Magnum which made a very nice hole.

The second part was recreating Clint Eastwood's rifle shots on hangman nooses, like he did to free Eli Wallach in GB & I.
The .45 pistols once again would put a hole in the rope and scorch it but they would't break the rope.

They were able to break the rope with rifle bullets, but it always took more than one shot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top