Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2012 11:44:31 AM EDT
So I usually watch the first episode to see if it will be a season to watch, or to ignore.   Anybody else notice that the two teams consisted of a team of tough but nice looking gals, and a team of sissy boys?  It was called the World Challenge season for some odd reason.

I've got this season on ignore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It's called One World. Tribes are men vs women and they live on the same beach for the first time.

You always see lots of pretty boys and fine women on that show as at least half the people that make it on are from one modeling agency or another.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched it. I'm glad they're not doing redemption island again this year. Maybe it will be a good season.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched Survivor the first season and the second season when they were in Australia (Elisabeth Hasselbeck goodness).  After that it became boring, especially when they had to have their gay guys every season.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watched Survivor the first season and the second season when they were in Australia (Elisabeth Hasselbeck goodness).  After that it became boring, especially when they had to have their gay guys every season.

I'm saying, that it looks to me that every guy on this season is gay...
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
We're at the Daughter's house this week, and they had it on last night.

I noticed that most of the guys were more pretty than the women.    
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Survivor is an enjoyable show, if you watch it from the right perspective. A microcosm of personalities, under pressure and hunger while trying to scheme and out think the others.

This is the first season I've seen someone who knows how to make fire by friction. Fire saw was great. It never ceases to amaze me that people would know they're going to live in the woods for 40 days and not equip themselves with at least a modicum of bushcraft knowledge.

On the first season, one guy knew how to make spring loaded rat snares out of bamboo tubes. That was slick. The two black folks were ridiculing him for catching rats, until they smelled them cooking. They allowed that rat was fairly tasty, after all.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Survivor is an enjoyable show, if you watch it from the right perspective. A microcosm of personalities, under pressure and hunger while trying to scheme and out think the others.

This is the first season I've seen someone who knows how to make fire by friction. Fire saw was great. It never ceases to amaze me that people would know they're going to live in the woods for 40 days and not equip themselves with at least a modicum of bushcraft knowledge.

On the first season, one guy knew how to make spring loaded rat snares out of bamboo tubes. That was slick. The two black folks were ridiculing him for catching rats, until they smelled them cooking. They allowed that rat was fairly tasty, after all.

You do understand that most of the time they film the season a few thousand yards from a luxury resort, don't you?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do understand that most of the time they film the season a few thousand yards from a luxury resort, don't you?

And that has what to do with the people living in the bush?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never understood why no one sneaks out at night and goes on food raids.  I know they're in walking distance of resorts, at the very least they would be in walking distance of the crew's camp and I know there's food in those places.  But I suppose that isn't such a big deal anymore.  The first few seasons of Survivor, they had to find their own food.  In recent episodes it seems like they're given plenty of provisions to survive.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top