Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:53:39 AM EDT
My wife came home this morning from her shopping. She needed some new clothes and shoes for work.

She took out all her new stuff in my play room to show me and I noticed that she purchased 4 pairs of new shoe and 2 of those pairs looked identical except the color (one was black and other was navy blue). I asked why she needed two same pairs of shoe and she said they were different color (looked almost same to me). Besides, she said as she walked over to my gun safe (it was open while I was getting one of my pistol out and loaded to go to work), why do you have seven 1911 pistols… 6 of them in 45ACP caliber, why do you have two 12 G Remington 870 shotguns with short barrel, why do you have 2 AR carbines, why do you have six 9mm pistols, ten 45ACP pistols, four 22 lr rifles???

I didn’t know what to say, I mean she was right, so I just said “you should have gotten the brown and red one too”
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:56:05 AM EDT
My wife has also made the shoe-gun comparison.

We have a tentative deal that if she limits herself to 30 pairs of shoes (if she buys a new pair, she has to throw away an old pair), then I'll limit myself to 30 firearms.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:57:00 AM EDT
Is it disturbing to you that you collect guns like she does shoes, and that she equates it to that?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:58:21 AM EDT
Sounds like a good wife.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:00:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yobo:
I didn’t know what to say, I mean she was right,

You should NEVER concede that your wife has a valid point.

so I just said “you should have gotten the brown and red one too”

That was a great answer. Good quick thinking!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:03:53 PM EDT
Your first mistake..........
Why the fuck does she know how many guns you have?

Your second mistake..........
Never question a womans intent to buy clothes, they will throw that gun shit in your face everytime. Buy her the fuckin' shoes and slacks and keep her happy, then you'll never be in that situation again.

Shoes are cheaper than guns! Be glad you don't have a wife that wants a diamond collection.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:04:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By j-fonz:
Sounds like a good wife.

Are you kidding, she's a GREAT wife.
She got me couple AR's and pistols for my birthday.
She never complains when I ask her for money to buy new toys.
She has her own rifles and pistols but no shotgun... too big for her.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:06:12 PM EDT
My ex-wife had a point too.

I bought her hats to cover it up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:06:42 PM EDT
My wife has at least 30 pairs of shoes.

I only have 15 firearms.

I am going to the gun shop after work!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:08:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alaskanmoosehunter:

Shoes are cheaper than guns! Be glad you don't have a wife that wants a diamond collection.

Every time I start to get irritated by my wifes purchases, I just ask myself how many times has she waited for something she wanted because I was buying something expensive and gun related. I then close my mouth and make sure she can have the things she wants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 12:09:53 PM EDT by yobo]
My wife does not have a shoe fetish... I have a shoe fetish.
My wife has about 25 pairs of shoe in her closet.
I have about 40 pairs of shoe in my closet... in the garage, in the spare bedroom closet.
Maybe couple more in the attic.

I love shoe of every kind.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:15:09 PM EDT
If only you could buy good rifles for $50/pair, then it might be a good comparison.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:18:29 PM EDT
Mine tries to compare her clothes addiction to my guns.

She quickly drops it when I remind her that my guns will still fit me in 2 years.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 12:20:29 PM EDT by warlord]
You're comparing apples and oranges. Your guns probably appreciated in value, and her shoes, well...........
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
I just don't understand why people have so many shoes. I have sneakers for when I am sneaking around, dress shoes for when I wear a dress and a pair for the garden and boots for hunting. What can a person possibly do with 30-100 pair?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:23:37 PM EDT
Some shoes are cheaper than some guns!

Try a price comparison of good boots or designer footware versus Mosin Nagants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
Tell here to quit asking about your guns and to go in the kitchen and bake something.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:35:51 PM EDT
you only have 7 1911's?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:38:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hipster:

Heh, wouldn't be a problem here. I have a hard enough time trying to feed the few guns I have.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:39:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:

No shit.
Mosin Nagant will run you about 50-100 bucks.
Some of the girls I have fooled around with had shoes that were 2 times that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:40:11 PM EDT

That right there is funny I don't care who you are
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:40:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sned45:
you only have 7 1911's?

Sorry but I got bit by the Hi-Power/P-35 bug recently
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:43:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By johnrj:
I just don't understand why people have so many shoes. I have sneakers for when I am sneaking around, dress shoes for when I wear a dress and a pair for the garden and boots for hunting. What can a person possibly do with 30-100 pair?

Shoes for when you wear a dress? Hmmm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:48:18 PM EDT

She never complains when I ask her for money to buy new toys.

You need to correct that shit. Next time she goes out for clothes go with her and buy yourself a pair of pants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:13 PM EDT
The guns maintain pretty good resale value. Better then shoes at least.

Valid question though: Why do you have ONLY 2 AR15's? why?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:50:00 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:52:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Valid question though: Why do you have ONLY 2 AR15's? why?

I have only 2 AR carbines (M4ish format) and I also have an AR rifle so total of three.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:56:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By txwxgirl:

Shoes for when you wear a dress? Hmmm.

That's an interesting question. The answer????
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:00:00 PM EDT

Are you kidding me? Have you priced a pair of Blahnicks (sp?). or a Channel purse, or a Vera Wang dress recently? She spends more on clothes than I do in guns............

Accountant
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:02:02 PM EDT
My husband is so not interested in my new shoes (even though he pretends to be). If I show him the ones I bought and comment that I had trouble deciding between the black and the brown he just says 'why didn't you just get both?'.

(I get to shoot his guns too, so not an issue.)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:12:41 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:14:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ginger:
My husband is so not interested in my new shoes (even though he pretends to be). If I show him the ones I bought and comment that I had trouble deciding between the black and the brown he just says 'why didn't you just get both?'.

What's his ARFCOM screen name?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 1:25:36 PM EDT by Badass03]

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Originally Posted By SS109:

No shit.
Mosin Nagant will run you about 50-100 bucks.
Some of the girls I have fooled around with had shoes that were 2 times that.

My last pair of boots cost me 200 bucks

Edit: My last gun (mossy 500) only 150
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:55:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 95thFoot:

Originally Posted By Ginger:

What's his ARFCOM screen name?

Yeah what gave it away?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:08:32 PM EDT
I never complained about clothes or shoes .
What did irk me was buying new furniture every
time she wanted to change the wall color in a room .

But of course that didn't count because it was for "Us"
Even though she would do it without even asking what
I thought
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:09:02 PM EDT

Never question a womans intent to buy clothes, they will throw that gun shit in your face everytime. Buy her the fuckin' shoes and slacks and keep her happy, then you'll never be in that situation again.

this man speaks truth!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:25:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arfreak74:

this man speaks truth!!!!!

No, he speaks rubbish.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT by crazyquik]

I have a decent amount of shoes. 6 pairs of leather soled 'dress shoes' that I consider nice enough for work. 2 pairs of black, 2 pairs of light brown, 1 pair of chocolate suede and 1 pair of burgandy. That means I can wear a different pair each day for the entire workweek. It means the leather gets to rest between wearings. I always use shoe-trees too. And shine them after nearly every wearing. Yeah I'm a little OCD about them I particularly remember when a man wearing brand new shoes for the first time asked why mine looked better than his. Spit shine

Quality men's shoes with leather uppers and replaceable leather soles will last for decades if you 1) take care of them and 2) buy timeless styles. Some of mine have been reheeled and resoled multiple times, but they still look better than other people's who have only had them 6 months. Since they will last 10-20 years, the price per wearing is actually much less. Or you can give them to your sons, along with your well-loved suits. I have suits that are over 40 years old too...

I don't have any rubber soled shoes. I don't sneak. I don't play tennis or basketball. They wear out and look like crap after a couple years too. Leather shoes with welted leather soles will still look great after a decade if you take care of the leather and use shoes trees. And unlike the rubber soled shoes you have to throw away when you wear a hole in the bottom, you can replace the soles on leather shoes.

I do have two pairs of rubber soled boots for farming and hunting. One with really rough bottoms for traction and one with smooth bottoms (old and worn out ) for not dragging as much dirt indoors.

Women's shoes are totally different. Few take care of them, and they will buy a new shoe for ONE outfit. They tend to favor quantity over quality.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:38:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironoxbows:
Mine tries to compare her clothes addiction to my guns.

She quickly drops it when I remind her that my guns will still fit me in 2 years.

Apparently Im the only one who noticed that little gem!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:46:15 PM EDT

she said as she walked over to my gun safe (it was open while I was getting one of my pistol out and loaded to go to work), why do you have seven 1911 pistols… 6 of them in 45ACP caliber, why do you have two 12 G Remington 870 shotguns with short barrel, why do you have 2 AR carbines, why do you have six 9mm pistols, ten 45ACP pistols, four 22 lr rifles???

The proper response would have been: "To outfit the neighbors when the zombies come, duh....What do you plan to do, throw shoes at them, funny man?"

CO
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:50:18 PM EDT
If she is able to correctly identify every firearm in your safe that quickly, I say you might just want to keep that one.......shoes and all.......
Top Top