Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 8:12:53 PM EDT
I just finished putting in a new Kitchen and slate floor for my wife last evening.  Due to the money spent we agreed that the Kitchen was our gift to eachother (even though I worked my ass off the past two weeks)  This morning after the kids were done opening their gifts, my wife handed me a box. I opened it to find a plastic cap gun, she started laughing and said "I know that you would have liked a real gun, but this was the best that I could do".  I got a laugh out of it and noticed that she was just looking at me kind of funny.  She said aren't you mad?  "why would I be mad" I asked.... She just shook her head and started walking into the other room and I was like WTF.....   She comes back in with another (much heavier box) and this was inside.   She had consulted some of my friends to find out what to get me and this is the first gun I have received as a gift - an outstanding feeling!!!!  I hope that you all had a happy and safe Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn fine weapon! .22? Gonna put a red dot on it?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pistol, but we need details! Is it 41 or 44 Mag or 45 Colt?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry!  I forgot to give the details.  It is a Super Blackhawk, 7.5" barrel and it's a .44 Mag.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!

I got an SKS from my mom 2 years ago, and this year my girlfriend finally broke down and got me a gun.

I've been exiled to Iowa from MN for a while now, and never deer hunted here due to their silly shotgun law (I'm a rifle guy).  Anyway, she got sick of me always going north to hunt, so she got me a nice Mossberg M500 combo.  With the slug bbl and Federal Barnes-X loads it will shoot into 2.5 inches at 100 yards with irons sights!

Haven't got a deer yet, but suddenly shotgun hunting doesn't seem so terrible!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Update....  I stopped by Gander Mountain today to pick up some .44 Mag dies, brass and bullets. I decided to look at some pistol scopes for my new toy.  I was really interested in a Red Dot of some sort but I looked a a few Weavers, Burris and a Leupold scope.  I liked the Leupold the best and asked the price.  They could not find the box and could not find it in the computer. I ended up getting the M8 EER 2x scope, silver finish for $148.00.  At that price the red dot can wait!!!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Great gun. I had one with a Leupy EER, its what you want on there anyways. You've got a wonderful wife!  You'll love it, its a hoot to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
yep you got a good wife .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top