Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:11:55 PM EST
I try to talk them out of it but they don't believe what I tell them. I was arguing with my brother about it today. I told him Kerry is very anti-gun, but my brother said he wasn't, he hunts, I saw him hunting this week here in Ohio on the news. I was really bummed he fell for that. I explained it was all a gimick, but he didn't believe me.

I told them if Kerry wins, and bans guns, don't come to me to try and buy any from me. I have pretty much all the guns of all the types I will need, but I'm working for the rights of the kids who may never have the chances I had to own these things themself. It will be sad if the kids growing up now miss out on all the good things life had to offer me. I'm trying anyway.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:13:00 PM EST
Idiots come in all flavors.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:15:36 PM EST
Take 'em out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:16:05 PM EST
Disable the cars.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:16:10 PM EST
If it would actually sway your brother, pull up Kerry's voting record on gun issues
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:16:29 PM EST
Koolaid
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:16:52 PM EST
Best advice I can give you is to divorce your family and try to adopt a new one higher on the food chain. Sorry about your bad luck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:18:36 PM EST
Keep hammering away on them and don't give up. I have converted a few this way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:19:55 PM EST
Tell them that the Communist Party USA is implicitly endorsing Kerry. Now their website says they don't endorse candidates of other parties and that the assertion that they are endorsing Kerry is a right-wing red-bating smear. But it is true that they are not running their own candidate for president so that their followers... or whatever you want to call them... can vote against Bush which really mean vote for Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:21:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By hotspur:
Tell them that the Communist Party USA is implicitly endorsing Kerry. Now their website says they don't endorse candidates of other parties and that the assertion that they are endorsing Kerry is a right-wing red-bating smear. But it is true that they are not running their own candidate for president so that their followers... or whatever you want to call them... can vote against Bush which really mean vote for Kerry.

"Senator McCarthy, white courtesy phone....."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:24:29 PM EST
Behold the power that main-stream media has over the sheeple.

Anyone that doesn't believe that the masses REALLY buy into the "Well, I saw it on TV so it MUST be true" mantra is kidding themselves. These people VOTE for a person to occupy the highest office in the land based on what they see in a 30 second clip on the 6 o'clock news.

The FACT that 2 minutes on the Net will give you PROOF that Kerry has voted for EVERY anti-gun bill that has ever been proposed while he's been in Congress doesn't even enter into it. "He's a hunter, he won't take our guns" is the only thing that they know and they will defend that position with total disregard for any FACTS that show otherwise.

We are so doomed as a nation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:33:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Takakuraken:
Koolaid

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:33:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Catm95:

Originally Posted By hotspur:

"Senator McCarthy, white courtesy phone....."

No, I'm not like at all, nor am I saying Kerry is a communist. Go to their site and poke aroundwww.cpusa.org . They feel that Kerry will take us more in their direction. But it's certainly not the direction I want to go.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:35:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:
If it would actually sway your brother, pull up Kerry's voting record on gun issues

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:43:40 PM EST
Well, I hope they are sick on Wednesday, when it comes time to vote for democrats.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:55:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 3:55:38 PM EST by GC456]
Just feed them some of this in the morning of election day. Just slip in in their coffee

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:19:03 PM EST
WWW.swiftvets.com
Hopefully they have internet acess.

My Mother, a life long Demo, after watching the ads changed her mind.

I just hope that she votes the right way on 11/02.

Show them "Stolen Honor", do a search here and you can download the entire 44 minutes.

If that doesn't convince them, well, give it up.

Top Top