Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 9:02:40 PM EDT
Ok I had to get my lower denture replaced after my dog chewed up my old one. Shit happens.
I spent the last three days trying to get this done. I had to wait a lot because of the upsurge of business the speciality dentist is having.
Well being of a bit of a more respectable class then many of their customers I was able to learn a lot from my time with the wonderful staff.
This practice specializes in dentures, so have the people who do that work all the time for a better fit.
Well I found that Medicaid pays for the tweakers to get dentures on our dime, after the Meth rots their teeth. And the staff told me that the youngest tweaker they made dentures for is 18 that they could remember.
Another large group of their customers in the last three months are people who have been laid off and getting procedures done before insurance runs out.
Sitting in a crowded waiting room with a bunch of possible tweekers is not a fun day. But those of us of the normal crowd sat together.
The office has security measures that a bank would be proud of for pain killers and money.
I have been laid off since Dec. but had the cash to pay for what I needed, Doc and all the girls were real careful to hide the fact that I was paying out of my pocket from the rest of "patients" out of fear I could get mugged when leaving. Not wanting a incident I was ready to go to a closed office to pay cash for my purchase. Doc had reviews my past medical History and knew how I came to be wearing dentures (LEO and Paramedic who went Thur a roll over accident on duty).
Turned out Doc is into guns big time and has his CCL. He feels that with the tweekers it is necessary. I did not fault him for carrying a Glock 9mm. We all have different tastes in firearms.
Even if it took three days, wonderful service, great staff who cared, and Doc gave me a $130 "professional discount" since I was paying cash.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Good on getting the discount for paying in cash.
Back in Jan. went to my dentist for the bi annual cleaning.  I paid in cash and she knocked $35 off the bill

I guess that is the thing to do now with dentists, doctors etc. to negotiate or ask for a discount if you pay cash.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you tell the Doc that he needed to make a better choice of weapon?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Good on getting the discount for paying in cash.

Back in Jan. went to my dentist for the bi annual cleaning.  I paid in cash and she knocked $35 off the bill

I guess that is the thing to do now with dentists, doctors etc. to negotiate or ask for a discount if you pay cash.

I think you can get $25 off per filling if you skip the anesthetic. Those don't even hurt.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you tell the Doc that he needed to make a better choice of weapon?

Why would he lie to a good Doc?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If you make good friends with the doc maybe he will give you the contact information for all of his female patients who have dentures.  Gum jobs are great!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice to hear someone appreciates cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top