Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 11:30:39 AM EDT
ok wow where do i start?

So last week I missed my doctors appointment to get my physical for the police academy.  I figured ok, i'll just use the recommended place on my paperwork.  I called over and asked for an appointment and they said its was walkin.  I figured humm kinda shady but whatever.  

Just to let the houston guys know, this place is IH-10 EAST at Federal Rd........aka THE GHETTO!!!!!

So today is the day, I drive over there in my 2002 Dodge Ram (RED) pickup just washed and shinned.  (great target i know )

I walk in and get signed in and sit down, in the 1st of 3 waiting rooms.   Ofcourse being "uber tactical" Arfcom member that I am I scope the place out and sit directly next to the exit.  As I am scoping this place out I notice the kind of people I am with.  Crack hoes, pimps, white trash, gangster thugs, and ME. To them I am a rich white boy.  

I felt sooo dirty just being inside that place!!!!!!

Moving on......

my name is finnaly called and I got to waiting room #2.  In this room there are two nurses taking peoples BP and weight.   After I get mine done I chill out for an hour waiting to get to room #3.

Room #3
waiting again till Nigerian "Doctor" sees me.

In exam room:
Doctor asks me all the usual Q&A....have any probs, and meds, and drugs etc etc etc.....
I answer NO to all the above.  Then Ole Nigerian "Doctor" listens to my hearth, lungs with stethoscope, looks in my ears and down my throat.  Then he asks me to stand up and touch my toes.  No problem soo far.   Then he asks me to run for 1 minute in one place.  So i do.

Now is where it gets interesting............

He now takes my BP using his two fingers and watching the wall clock for 22seconds.  Then he tells me my blood pressure is "high"   144/65.  Any other of you EMT's can tell whats wrong with that picture?   He tells me he wants to see me in 1 week to retake my BP again.  I laugh at him and go to the cashier to pay my $65.00 never to return again!

ETA HINT:  NO BP CUFF WAS USED!  Yes I know you can do it without or with BP cuff...but somthing in the above statment is kinda odd....I know what it is do you???!!!

This has to be one of the most shadiest places on this planet....I tried to pay Credit card.....they said "no cash only!"    very very scary!!!!  

I feel sooo dirty i am going to get in the shower now and then burn the clothes i was wearing.........NO I am not joking!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Human Sphygmomanometer! Freaky-deaky!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
that is weird.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Did he check your prostate while keeping is hands on your shoulders?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]

I was waiting for this comment. I knew someone would step up to the plate with it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Gotta little drip problem going on there Jason???

C'mon you expect us to believe that you voluntarily went to a doctor in that neighborhood.  I think you should just admit that you were at the free clinic cause of a little drippage.

P.S.  Guess I should have sent you those vitamins!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm assuming you are referring to the doctor in question (DIQ) providing a diastolic pressure.  You cannot accurately measure a BP w/o instrumentation - be it BP cuff, Arterial line, or such.  Palpation alone does not even give an accurate estimate.

The only thing he could have accurately reported was your pulse.

Sam
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
And you want to be a cop?        I sure hope you are only called upon to arrest the odd Yuppie, WASP, JAP or otherwise clean cut and well washed perp.  

You may actually have to interact with and actually rub up against the filthy, scurvy, scummy, unwashed masses.  EEEWWWW.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Moving on......

my name is finnaly called and I got to waiting room #2.  In this room there are two nurses taking peoples BP and weight.   After I get mine done I chill out for an hour waiting to get to room #3.

ETA HINT:  NO BP CUFF WAS USED!  Yes I know you can do it without or with BP cuff...but somthing in the above statment is kinda odd....I know what it is do you???!!!

No flame but............................

Did you read your post before hitting the submit button.  

The doctor may have glanced at your paperwork the BP nurse wrote.  

If I was you I would make an appointment with your real doctor and talk to him about your blood pressure.  It won't hurt.  

Quoted:
And you want to be a cop?        I sure hope you are only called upon to arrest the odd Yuppie, WASP, JAP or otherwise clean cut and well washed perp.  

You may actually have to interact with and actually rub up against the filthy, scurvy, scummy, unwashed masses.  EEEWWWW.

When I go to arrest a person that is less than clean, I have them shower first.    
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm assuming you are referring to the doctor in question (DIQ) providing a diastolic pressure.  You cannot accurately measure a BP w/o instrumentation - be it BP cuff, Arterial line, or such.  Palpation alone does not even give an accurate estimate.

The only thing he could have accurately reported was your pulse.

Sam

ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Moving on......

No flame but............................

Did you read your post before hitting the submit button.  

The doctor may have glanced at your paperwork the BP nurse wrote.  

If I was you I would make an appointment with your real doctor and talk to him about your blood pressure.  It won't hurt.  

I had my BP taken while at the dentist 3 months ago before my operation.  It was fine then.  Also If I need to I can check it on the ambulance tomarrow when i work at the fire station.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top