Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2001 7:53:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhhh,
LOTS o' guns, LOTS o' ammo, and a yard full of good people.

A grand time was had by all!

When is the next shoot?

Lew
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Sweep! It was a pleasure seeing all ya'll. I hope we can do it again real soon!

And as far as me not shooting, well, [u]somebody[/u] had to record our outing for posterity! If the Schumers, Clintons and Feinsteins of our world ever find out what's really happening out here in 'flyover country', well, let's just say they'd try to shut us down in a minute.

And as far as that 'Oswald' comment, just exactly where were [u]you[/u] on the afternoon of November 22, 1963....???? Hmmmm???

Eric The(AndDon'tGiveMeThat'IWasn'tBornYet'Routine!SaveItForTheGrandJury)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
How about having a shoot in Montana?

Patriotic duty : Commerce & Travel, plus scenery to boot.

Obviously, with winter setting in up here, we are talking next summer, but would anyone be interested in vacationing in Montana, I am pretty sure I can arrange some special rates at a local motel for those that are willing to come.

Glacier National park is just 30 miles away from my house, with a range in between.

Let me know,

Ed
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
All I can say is Thanks to some of the greatest folks that I've had the pleasure to be around in a long time. And all the different weapons there was probably enough to make Rosie go on a nervous diet!

I have to single out a couple of folks for a big personal thank you. Grin&Barrett, antiUSSA, and Castle Arms, for making it possible for my Steyr Scout to be here in time for this weekend.

Chris and Andrea from SWFA for for doing an amazing job of making sure there was a beautiful Leupold sitting on the Scout. SWFA is a class act owned by class people. BTW Chris, I'll be dreaming of that suppressed MP5K for a long time!

Sweep, Tippie, Goat, JLA, Nate, and Big Dave, You guys earned honorary Texas Citizenship. We'll tell you where to send the dues later! [;)]

Guns, girls, and great folks. Damn, it don't get any better than this!!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Wooohooo, or should I say, YeeeHAAAWWW!!! Since I'm in TX now. I'm really sorry I missed Fri. nite. Was a great shoot and I will be posting some pics tonite when I get back from work. Finally got to meet Arocks and Dons wives. Great ladies. Also finally got to meet hound and Eric the Hun. JLA and Goatboy. That was a great day. Finally got to shoot and M16 again after 15yrs. Man that was awesome. Thanx Don.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Good morning all....thanks to everyone for a glorious weekend...Psyren had a blast shooting
this weekend and sunday was her first time to shoot any AR. Then Don hands her an M-16 and
SWFA hands her a suppressed fully auto MP5.
The lodge was fun and Goatboy's girl offered Psyren a job there......woohooo. Thanks
especially to Don and Kelly and Reggie for letting all of the nuts come out and play. "Laid back"? Now that's humourous.....I am usually just so impressed by everyone and listening so hard to catch any comment that might improve what I do that I don't talk much at these shoots.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Don said that y'all were makin' him feel all gooshie inside.....LMAO!

We shall return!

Lew
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Best quote of the day:
Situation-DonR shooting his Steyr Scout for the very first time.

Tippie to DonR after the first shot: "It's a bolt action Don!"

That's just what I told him when he called to say he had just picked it up at the dealer.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Just so you guys will quit giving me grief, I'm gonna tape a cheat sheet to the stock. "Bang, Cock, Bang!" [:\]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#11]
My impressions:

KellyR: can drive, man. She had her Durango up to 85 or 90 on that back road...

lordtrader: yes he's a degenerate, but he's [b]our[/b] degenerate, dammit!

DonR: Don't ask him how he got his M16 if you don't want to cry. He was very generous with it, though.

Arock: The teacher. He had the kids on the bowling pins with that .22 in no time, and managed to get Col. Cooper's rules in their heads at the same time. And Mrs. Arock is a sweetheart, and a knife guru, too.

SWFA: Chris and Andrea brought all the toys, as well as hats and scope cleaner for everybody. Everything from a hog-leg .44 mag to a supressed .22 got worked out, and lordtrader has decided that an MP5K is going to be his CCW of choice, once he gets his CHL.

Tippie: Someone get this man a pair of spike-proof jungle boots, for pete's sake! Another guy who just [b]insisted[/b] that people shoot his guns. I gave his AR-10 and 8 shot .357mag some business.

Sweep: Came to shoot, baby! He made the rounds, but was there to put out rounds!

EricTheHun: Fired off his camera shutter as fast as some of us were firing off our weapons. I can't wait to see his pics posted up here. A very funny storyteller too.

Hound and Psyren: Also came to shoot! Psyren got busy with DonR's M16 and Don was only standing so close to her to help her deal with the recoil....right DonR?

The New York Crew: Goatboy, JLA, Nate and Big Dave came, saw and enjoyed Tippie's amazing .300 WinMag. Goatboy apparently gave Anna Nicole Smith a lapdance the night before, but I didn't get full details on that one...

Lesson learned: Class 3 really does convert money into noise very fast...but man, it's frickin' cool! Also, y'all are great folks that I'd easily trust with my guns, money or wife, but that bottle of Gentleman Jack? Hmmmm....maybe, maybe not...

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife and I made it to TBRS#?.  We both had a great time.  I hope to make it up north the next time around.  Sounds like everyone had a blast.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
All I can say is [b]DAMN![/b] but you boys (and girls) shoot like you were [u]all[/u] raised in Texas!  In the 1870s!  You know, back when marksmanship sometimes meant the difference between life and death!

I pity the poor fools who think they could take on this AR15.com crew! That was some of the finest display of shooting that I've ever seen, on or off the range!

But shooting aside, it was a remarkable day in this Hun's life to have the opportunity to visit with such fine folks.

[b]So all right now! When do we do it again??[/b]

And next time I promise to shoot something besides my 'Cannon.'

Eric The(ButYouGottaPromiseNotToLaugh...[u]Too[/u]Hard!MizHunLaughsAtMeEnough!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Boo Hoo, wish I could have made the trip (DAMN TERRORISTS...You'll Pay for this![-=(_)=-][USA])
Looks like I'll have to get the "NYPD 5" out to OHIO next summer for Bulletfest[heavy]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#15]
HEY!  How come I wasn't invited???
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweep and Tippie, I can not tell you two how much fun I had with ya'll here. I only hope you two will be back soon.

To the boys from NY I had alot of fun meeting ya'll. I am looking forward to seeing the new house in Dallas.[:D]

And all of you from Texas, I expect to see ya'll more often.

Arock and Wife, I hope to see you and the kids soon. Thank you for letting me meet the sister I never knew I had.[;)]

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#17]
One more thing: The AR15.com Tactical Folder is a badass knife! DonR showed up with one clipped to his pocket and showed it around. It opens really smoothly, and the little ridged stud at the base of the blade makes it really easy to flick open. It also acts as a guard to keep your fingers from sliding up onto the blade.

The handle is good and sturdy, but light because of those cut outs. I'm definitely in for one.

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]
OK boys and girls, I just got off of the phone with Regi.  He's ready to do this all over again.  How often a month would you guys like to do this again.  hound suggested that we cook out next time.  Opinions????
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, we are the Too Much Fun Club.  What an extraordinary experience.  Don and the AR15.com crew know how to throw a party.

Did you know the local County Judge declared the County a disaster area this morning?  Saturday night's tornadoes may have something to do with it...however there are those reports of loud noises north of town...but come back soon...we promise new unexpected delights for your enjoyment next time too.

The Lovely Bride, our three Mutant Offspring and I enjoyed Sunday so much.  Kelley and Don's three children are our kid's New Best Friends.  We look forward to seeing each of you folks again soon.

Take care, have fun and shoot straight.

Your friends,
Arock, Ellyn, Hunter, Gigi and Miss Ellie
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just so you guys will quit giving me grief, I'm gonna tape a cheat sheet to the stock. [b][red]"Bang, Cock, Bang!"[/red][/b] [:\]
View Quote

Ummmmmmmm...  Shouldn't a note like that be taped to the missus instead..?  [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Once a month? maybe.........I just wished I had brought my tent and I would have stayed there....you can take a country boy out of the city but you can't take the country out of the boy.....Now I know where I will head if dallas
gets too bad......barbequed donkey anyone?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, reading this gives me hope for American and the "Gun Culture".  Gotta get to one of the shoots around here...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#23]
It wouldn't surprise me none at all, at all, that the Wise County Judge declared a disaster area! There are probably folks still thinking that a Special Ops Team had gotten Osama Bin Laden Hisself cornered out there in a knock down ambush.

Unfortunately, the only thing that got knocked down was a dozen 'Osama Bin Bowling Pin Ladens' of which none survived!

And trust me on this, when you're offered the opportunity to purchase the AR15.com Tactical Folder knife - sell the truck, sell the dogs, sell Mama, sell whatever it takes to buy one because they are downright beautiful (in a bad-ass sort of way, as 'Pistol Pete' Jarhead_22 put it).

Eric The(OK,[u]Don'tSellMama[/u],ButYouKnowWhatIMean)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]
SWFA, great meetin ya. And thanx a whole bunch for the hats. That was mighty nice of you. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OK boys and girls, I just got off of the phone with Regi.  He's ready to do this all over again.  How often a month would you guys like to do this again.  hound suggested that we cook out next time.  Opinions????
View Quote

Once a month would be cool. Maybe we could do a potluck for lunch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OK boys and girls, I just got off of the phone with Regi. He's ready to do this all over again. How often a month would you guys like to do this again. hound suggested that we cook out next time. Opinions????
View Quote

Count the Hun in, and every month would be jes' fine with me!

And as far as FOOD is concerned, does it look like the Hun goes too long between meals?[:D]

If we want to cook out, I'm game (no pun intended). If we want to go to a local eatery, I'm up for that as well! Preferably one with a club membership, if you know what I mean!

Eric The(GustatorilyMotivated)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Since we are still throwing out attaboys and talking about doing this again...I would like to say that I would love to be able to bring food next time and just have Reg and Kelly and Don and everyone in the immediate neighborhood that
put up with us all day just sit on their butts and be fed...I am sure the other guys and gals would be more than happy to treat the Decatur bunch like the royalty they are. NOT SUCKING UP!!!! I have never been thanked SO much for showing up at something I would have paid money for.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#31]
And I say 'Amen' to that Brother Hound! That Decatur gang should expect to be feted out royally at the next Great Texas Shoot Out!

Eric The(I'mInForTheLongRun)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#32]
This event cries out for putting a pig in the ground.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This event cries out for putting a pig in the ground.
View Quote

Slow-cooked porky goodness! So let it be written, so let it be done!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Hell, if we look hard enough, I'd bet we could find a pig out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just so you guys will quit giving me grief, I'm gonna tape a cheat sheet to the stock. [b][red]"Bang, Cock, Bang!"[/red][/b] [:\]
View Quote

Ummmmmmmm...  Shouldn't a note like that be taped to the missus instead..?  [}:D]
View Quote

LMAO!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I sure hope that GoatBoy and JLA aren't being held hostage at the Lodge. [:\]  Anybody up for a rescue attempt??? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I sure hope that GoatBoy and JLA aren't being held hostage at the Lodge. [:\]  Anybody up for a rescue attempt??? [:D]
View Quote

Great bunch of guys, so I will make the sacrifice and partake in this tactical operation. But first lemme go to the ATM and get some ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top