Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:20:14 PM EST
as I'm looking at it, it's going to be a safe queen for possibly a very long time. Sad part is I'm waiting on another tax stamp for a stripped Wilson Combat lower SBR. That should be in at any time. I was looking over swingset's thread today about hobbies, and how they turn into either boring or just plain not fun. That's not at all I feel about my gun collection. I really do enjoy shooting, but it got me thinking.

I got a new job (I love my job btw) I work 2nd shift. I haven't been shooting for over a year and a half. I don't own any land and besides there's an old folks home behind me. While my wife and I make incredible money which we could've used our saving to buy a home a year ago with land, me and the misses decided to pay off our bills instead(Mainly her debt she acquired as a college student before we met, but since we're married what's her's is mine) So there went 35 grand. However we're debt free now!

There's the gun range during the weekend. However when I did that a year and a half ago someone who had a jammed rifle and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fire went to look in his chamber while pointing the rifle barrel at me. I. freaked. out. Also the same day someone decided to go out and try and set his target out while the range was still hot. (I'm talking about knob creek gun range) The R.O's did a great job, but when you have a ton of people it's just not workable imo.

So here I sit with a Wilson Combat suppressor and soon a SBR form 1 tax stamp for my lower, and I don't even know why I got it. Yeah, First world problems. I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:22:00 PM EST
Have you tried hitting the KY HTF and seeing if anyone has a private range they'd let you shoot on?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:25:17 PM EST
where in KY?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:28:14 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:
Have you tried hitting the KY HTF and seeing if anyone has a private range they'd let you shoot on?
View Quote

I hate intruding on people. I've had a few people who I helped out with HVAC problems at work with some land. Then they come up with excuse after excuse when I did ask them for the favor in return to use their land for target practice. I'm also a pretty reserved person when it comes to other people's land situation. I hate being a burden on someone's life. People during the weekends want to keep it to themselves and do what they want.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:28:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By theunforgivenll:
where in KY?
View Quote

Louisville.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:34:23 PM EST
TL;DR
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:47:02 PM EST
any private ranges around your area?

seems like the pay to shoot type clubs keep the numskulls out pretty well
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By zaxpowerwagon:
any private ranges around your area?

seems like the pay to shoot type clubs keep the numskulls out pretty well
View Quote

Yeah, but their long range for rifles suck. I like about 200 yards. I zero at 35. Then try targets out at about 200 yards.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By bfmcleaky:
TL;DR
View Quote

First world problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:13:10 AM EST
I shoot of my back porch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:20:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2015 12:20:49 AM EST by Jinxsters]
Originally Posted By Molotov357:
I shoot of my back porch.
View Quote

blah blah blah. Me and the misses will have 80 grand saved up in 2 years. We'll get our shooting range then. However until then, safe queen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:22:49 AM EST
Post about the Wilson combat in the suppressor forum. VERY little feedback on them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:26:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2015 12:28:33 AM EST by Jinxsters]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Post about the Wilson combat in the suppressor forum. VERY little feedback on them.
View Quote

What would you like me to talk about on the Whisper Suppressor?

How it looks in the safe?

How it holds paper down better then my Gemtech G5-T?

What collects dust and dirt more? My G5-T or my Wilson Combat Whisper suppresor?

Guess I could talk about weights, size and what not instead of being a smart ass.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just trying to figure out why I got this stuff even though it'll probably be two years before I even shoot it.

Note: When I do eventually shoot it, I may do a side by side comparison of the two. That would be pretty cool. Of coarse that will probably be two years from now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:04:13 AM EST
Knob creek is fairly close.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:11:38 AM EST
Instant gratification is a bitch some times.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:15:42 AM EST
DIY can?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:17:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2015 8:18:19 AM EST by bjohnson425]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

Louisville.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Originally Posted By theunforgivenll:
where in KY?

Louisville.

Drive north on 65. Exit 19 to Henryville in Indiana. Clark State forest. They have a free range there, its almost always empty. It's a big boy range no RO's or anything

or Open Range in Crestwood but it is $$$
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:18:02 AM EST
Theres a member in Verona, a little outside of Louisville.

Good guy, and has a private range which he invites local HTF members out to shoot frequently. Joker1 I believe is his screen name

There is a HTF shoot at knob creek next month for KY as well.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:17:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By joshiedoom:
Knob creek is fairly close.

View Quote

I like knob creek during the week. Weekends not so much. That loaded rifle being pointed at my face sealed the deal. I will say the RO handled that ordeal masterfully.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:20:11 PM EST
Man you live in KY and have no where to shoot?

Buy a piece of land or go in with several other folks for some shooting land.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:21:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By chase45:
Theres a member in Verona, a little outside of Louisville.

Good guy, and has a private range which he invites local HTF members out to shoot frequently. Joker1 I believe is his screen name

There is a HTF shoot at knob creek next month for KY as well.

View Quote

I met the crew at one knob creek get together. So many people, couldn't really shoot or get a table so me and the wife left. It just is what it is.

As for the post about openrange in Lagrange I used to go, and yes they're very expensive. However their rifle range is short 100 yards I believe, and you can't get in the prone position or kneeling. I'm used to the army standards.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:23:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
Man you live in KY and have no where to shoot?

Buy a piece of land or go in with several other folks for some shooting land.
View Quote

Well I almost bought land but I payed my wife's debt off so we could, in the end buy a bigger piece of land and home. We're starting back off from scratch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:23:54 PM EST
Also a place just north of Louisville called Randy's range - he stopped letting folks shoot there for a bit because of a neighbor dispute, but now you just have to make an appt. he's an awesome guy and has steel for pistols and lots of hangers at 100 and 200 or 250yds.
Top Top