Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 4:41:17 PM EDT
My dad and I decided to go to the Springdale gun show today since the wife and I need some new bed linens and my stash of beef jerky is running low First stop though was to pick up my new (to me) FNP 45 Tactical fromt the Pawn Shop. Good start to the day After that we went to the gun show. It was the usual assortment of overpriced fudd guns and cheap knives. The sounds of tasers were a pleasant background noise as I perused the tables of nonsense looking for a good deal.
    After awhile I ran across a table of outrageously priced Glock magazines. I thought to myself that this tabe held no promise, but amongst his wares were several boxes of brand new 33 rd. magazines for $35 ea. Not bad, and as I stood there and contemplated what to offer for several of them he told me that if I bought two or more he would give them to me for $30 each. Not bad, so I picked up five 33 rd and two 28 rd (.45) magazines. Total was $210, but he said $200 even. Tits.
    Next stop was the Ozark Amory. I walked in and BS'ed for a bit about the gunshow, and then I happened to spy an Eotech 512 marked as used. I asked for the price, and he showed me the sticker that saud $278. The date of manufacture was Feb. 2011, so I grabbed it up and gave it to my Dad to buy since he had been looking for one. So far we each have a good find, but his was better then mine.
    On top of the counter was a Remington 700P with a Leupold MK4 3-10X40 mil-dot sitting on it. I glanced at the price tag and it said $1059. I thought that surely it was just for the rifle, but nay, it was for the complete package which also included a Harris bipod and Leupold base and rings. Now I was in a pickle. Myself and several other dudes covered the floor with drool as we examined this setup from every angle. I was the most serious, and eventually the fellow behind the counter said he would put the package behind the counter while I ran home to retrieve my Remington SPS Tactical as a possible trade. I hauled my ass home and picked up my rifle and partial consent from the wife and hurried my skinny ass back to the gun store. As I walked in I received a number of shit eating grins from the other fellows who had been ogling the rifle with me. The owner quoted me only $300 trade value, which was alright since I really wanted to keep the SPS Tactical. After counting out my life savings on the counter I was the proud new owner of a barely used rifle and scope worth easily double what I paid.
    The scope went on my SPR build and it is beautiful. I knwo have two bolt action rifles, and one of them will probably end up being sold as I have no use for two of them. Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the page of semi-long words. ARFCOM won't let me indent my paragraphs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
pictures?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
i glanced a few times at the op's post, and see no pictures.  am i in the right thread?  no pics?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't read all that... how about some pictures instead?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
pics or GTFO.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
wall of text
no pics

fail
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
pictures?

Quoted:

Quoted:
pics or GTFO.....

Quoted:
wall of text
no pics

fail

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]
pics
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

wall of text

no pics

fail

The truth.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My eyes hurt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Betting one or more of the optics are fakes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I came looking for pics....I left heartbroken when I found none...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

wall of text

no pics

fail

Goodness gracious. Pics man...pics.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry for the page of semi-long words. ARFCOM won't let me indent my paragraphs.

You don't have any paragraphs to indent.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to gunshow in Fayetteville, NC today.  Only thing I saw worth a damn was a new Colt M4 upper, stripped for $100.  I did not buy it dammit!  Other than that, not shit for deals.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
wall of text
no pics

fail

Agreed....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
wall of text
no pics

fail

Agreed....

this

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm with you on this one...

The giant block of text scared me.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

My dad and I decided to go to the Springdale gun show today since the wife and I need some new bed linens and my stash of beef jerky is running low First stop though was to pick up my new (to me) FNP 45 Tactical from the Pawn Shop. Good start to the day

After that we went to the gun show. It was the usual assortment of overpriced fudd guns and cheap knives. The sounds of tasers were a pleasant background noise as I perused the tables of nonsense looking for a good deal.

After awhile I ran across a table of outrageously priced Glock magazines. I thought to myself that this table held no promise, but amongst his wares were several boxes of brand new 33 rd. magazines for $35 ea. Not bad, and as I stood there and contemplated what to offer for several of them he told me that if I bought two or more he would give them to me for $30 each. Not bad, so I picked up five 33 rd and two 28 rd (.45) magazines. Total was $210, but he said $200 even. Tits.

Next stop was the Ozark Amory. I walked in and BS'ed for a bit about the gunshow, and then I happened to spy an Eotech 512 marked as used. I asked for the price, and he showed me the sticker that said $278. The date of manufacture was Feb. 2011, so I grabbed it up and gave it to my Dad to buy since he had been looking for one. So far we each have a good find, but his was better then mine.

On top of the counter was a Remington 700P with a Leupold MK4 3-10X40 mil-dot sitting on it. I glanced at the price tag and it said $1059. I thought that surely it was just for the rifle, but nay, it was for the complete package which also included a Harris bi-pod and Leupold base and rings. Now I was in a pickle. Myself and several other dudes covered the floor with drool as we examined this setup from every angle.

I was the most serious, and eventually the fellow behind the counter said he would put the package behind the counter while I ran home to retrieve my Remington SPS Tactical as a possible trade. I hauled my ass home and picked up my rifle and partial consent from the wife and hurried my skinny ass back to the gun store. As I walked in I received a number of shit eating grins from the other fellows who had been ogling the rifle with me. The owner quoted me only $300 trade value, which was alright since I really wanted to keep the SPS Tactical. After counting out my life savings on the counter I was the proud new owner of a barely used rifle and scope worth easily double what I paid.

The scope went on my SPR build and it is beautiful. I know have two bolt action rifles, and one of them will probably end up being sold as I have no use for two of them. Pics to follow.

Paragraphs & Spell Check.

For our ADD members, Important Words In Red.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Pics. This thread needs 'em in a big way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pics. This thread needs 'em in a big way.

Yep!! there is a major failure in this thread
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Needs moar pics.

Cheers on your finds, though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My dad and I decided to go to the Springdale gun show today since the wife and I need some new bed linens and my stash of beef jerky is running low First stop though was to pick up my new (to me) FNP 45 Tactical from the Pawn Shop. Good start to the day

After that we went to the gun show. It was the usual assortment of overpriced fudd guns and cheap knives. The sounds of tasers were a pleasant background noise as I perused the tables of nonsense looking for a good deal.

After awhile I ran across a table of outrageously priced Glock magazines. I thought to myself that this table held no promise, but amongst his wares were several boxes of brand new 33 rd. magazines for $35 ea. Not bad, and as I stood there and contemplated what to offer for several of them he told me that if I bought two or more he would give them to me for $30 each. Not bad, so I picked up five 33 rd and two 28 rd (.45) magazines. Total was $210, but he said $200 even. Tits.

Next stop was the Ozark Amory. I walked in and BS'ed for a bit about the gunshow, and then I happened to spy an Eotech 512 marked as used. I asked for the price, and he showed me the sticker that said $278. The date of manufacture was Feb. 2011, so I grabbed it up and gave it to my Dad to buy since he had been looking for one. So far we each have a good find, but his was better then mine.

On top of the counter was a Remington 700P with a Leupold MK4 3-10X40 mil-dot sitting on it. I glanced at the price tag and it said $1059. I thought that surely it was just for the rifle, but nay, it was for the complete package which also included a Harris bi-pod and Leupold base and rings. Now I was in a pickle. Myself and several other dudes covered the floor with drool as we examined this setup from every angle.

I was the most serious, and eventually the fellow behind the counter said he would put the package behind the counter while I ran home to retrieve my Remington SPS Tactical as a possible trade. I hauled my ass home and picked up my rifle and partial consent from the wife and hurried my skinny ass back to the gun store. As I walked in I received a number of shit eating grins from the other fellows who had been ogling the rifle with me. The owner quoted me only $300 trade value, which was alright since I really wanted to keep the SPS Tactical. After counting out my life savings on the counter I was the proud new owner of a barely used rifle and scope worth easily double what I paid.

The scope went on my SPR build and it is beautiful. I know have two bolt action rifles, and one of them will probably end up being sold as I have no use for two of them. Pics to follow.

Paragraphs & Spell Check.

For our ADD members, Important Words In Red.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Sounds like a good day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Awesome
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#26]
You went to the gun show because you needed bed linens?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

i glanced a few times at the op's post, and see no pictures. am i in the right thread? no pics?

Some people's kids, huh?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#28]
My computer must be broken, I can't see any pics.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Sadly, the OP appears to have spent all of his money and can't afford a digital camera.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like you got some pretty good deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top