Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 7:08:22 PM EDT
My son today had his pass-in-review and is now officialy a sailor. [:D] Dad is very proud of him!

Unfortunetly this was closed to the public [:(], but they have decided to grant them weekend Liberty! Looking forward to spending a couple day's with him! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Conratulations! His life is forever changed. In time, he will return home on leave, and go hang out with his old buddies, who will tell of all the great things he has missed. He'll sit there thinking "If only you have been where I've been, and seen the things I've seen." He will never, ever see a military parade, or his nations' flag, the same way again. When he hears his National Anthem, he will pity those around him who have never served, for they cannot possibly understand the pride in his heart. He is very lucky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
As a squid (1969-1973), I say congrats, dad and son.  As Marines like to say, you are never an ex-Marine, and I apply this to Sailors as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT for all the Fathers Son's that deseve recognition

(Father can't spell)
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations.
Quoted:

Unfortunetly this was closed to the public [:(],
View Quote

Since you did not get to see it. It should've looked something like this. I know its not the same, but at least you get the gist of it.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/XF/ZH/20/pF71329.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats, for a second there I thought you were gonna say that he looped his bike doing a wheelie or something (thought I was on e-sportbike.com)... "squid" has a different meaning there.

M.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations AR308and223!

(Hey Lordtrader, why come all them boys be lookin in different directions? When we did that the TI's would get all spittie-lipped!)
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Cause they are squids - and we can't march for shit! [:D]

Nevermind the marching - keep your eye on the Navy in the coming months/years.  Terrorist attacks aside, NOBODY fucks with the USN!!!!!!!!

Very proud for your son, AR308and223 - sorry you missed the PIR.

Tate - former airdale squid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top