Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/4/2009 2:28:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 9:41:57 AM EST by theBUBBAMANcan]
He came in the door crying. He's 5.

I'm "old school". I told him that bullies only pick on kids who don't hit back and to get back to the park and teach the little fucker a lesson.

I gave him a pep talk to assure him that he can, indeed, beat the bully's ass.

...and I promised him I'd buy him ice cream if he could give the little asshole a bloody nose.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:31:49 PM EST
In before your next thread about your kid having a broken nose.

J/K. I hope he kicks that bully's ass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:32:03 PM EST
I wish my dad did that for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:32:24 PM EST
Nice.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I was always told "don't hit girls", and I never did. One girl at my bus stop knew this and would hit and push me around. I told my parents and my dad said if she kept it up I was to hit her back.

Then one cold winter Utah morning, there I was, at the bus stop. She came up and hit me again. I turned around and laid her out in the snow. As I got on the bus, I looked back. There she lay, like she was about ready to make a snow angel.

She never hit me again.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:32:42 PM EST
I forsee legal issues but I can't help but laugh.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:34:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Pardue:
Nice.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I was always told "don't hit girls", and I never did. One girl at my bus stop knew this and would hit and push me around. I told my parents and my dad said if she kept it up I was to hit her back.

Then one cold winter Utah morning, there I was, at the bus stop. She came up and hit me again. I turned around and laid her out in the snow. As I got on the bus, I looked back. There she lay, like she was about ready to make a snow angel.

She never hit me again.

I know I shouldn't laugh... but that's fuckin' hilarious!

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:34:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By bloodsport2885:
I forsee legal issues but I can't help but laugh.

If the bully's parents drag lawyers into it, they are pussies and deserve broken noses too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:34:49 PM EST
Can't wait for your next thread:

Bully's father beat ME up.

j/k
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:36:13 PM EST
I remember when I was young I had a problem with a bully, I told my dad and he said "Next time he starts pushing you, kick him in the crouch and when he falls knee him in the face"
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:36:20 PM EST
good. teach him to escalate situations
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:37:11 PM EST
Show him how to make a fist and then set him off to beat the living shit out of that little fucker.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:37:49 PM EST

I usually just tell them to pack their shit and hit the road, or to go back and try again.

Every bully i ever met overcame that stage/period once a well placed sucker punch,punch,kick, and stomp treatment was properly applied.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:38:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By dawgm:
good. teach him to escalate finish situations

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:39:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
Can't wait for your next thread:

Bully's father beat ME up.

j/k

I hope he tries. He's a total bastard, typical bully-daddy. He got fired from his job and sits on his front porch in his underwear drunk all the time while his wife brings home the bacon.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:39:34 PM EST
I believe I'm in for the outcome.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:39:35 PM EST
Even if he does get beat up. The bully won't pick on him anymore for fear of retaliation. I believe you did right.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:40:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By GNRNR:
I remember when I was young I had a problem with a bully, I told my dad and he said "Next time he starts pushing you, kick him in the crouch and when he falls knee him in the face"

Must be long lost brothers My father told be the same thing.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:41:34 PM EST
That's exactly what needed to be said.

I told my 7 and 9 year olds that if someone ever lays a hand on them after being told no they have my permission to knock the kid flat. But only if they tell them to stop first.

I told them I'd never get mad at them for protecting themselves not matter what the teacher/ principal says.

So far they've not had to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:42:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2009 2:45:20 PM EST by theBUBBAMANcan]
Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
I believe I'm in for the outcome.

After a little pep-talk, some advice about how to win and some ice cream as an incentive he charged out the door pretty eagerly...I'll let you know...

My money is on my boy.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:42:54 PM EST
The only problem I can see is when the bully's older brothers jump your 5 year old to make sure the outcome goes in their favor.

In first grade I gave a bully a bloody nose, his brother (a sixth grader) jumped me in retaliation. Sometimes it doesn't go as intended.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:43:47 PM EST
Good job dad my name is worth more to me than worrying about the posibility of a lawsuit.
If he can't beat him this time tell him to get a stick or a rock and try again.

N/K
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:44:37 PM EST
I'm in. Mines not 2 yet, so I don't have to deal with this yet...
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:45:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2009 2:47:13 PM EST by Biden]
He can kill the neighbors birds but he cannot whip the bully?

eta: smiley
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:45:14 PM EST
In. Epic In.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:45:16 PM EST
Send the daughter in law after the bully. She's in the mafia right?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:46:59 PM EST
We're still at the "don't hit" stage. He's 4 and she's 3. Once they get a bit older they'll start to learn when they can or should hit and how to do it. But right now it's all we can do to get everyone to keep their hands to themselves.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:47:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2009 2:49:07 PM EST by theBUBBAMANcan]
Originally Posted By Biden:
He can kill the neighbors birds but he cannot whip the bully?

Thou hast a good memory.

Originally Posted By kaziganthi:
Send the daughter in law after the bully. She's in the mafia right?

She's useless...she is the one who crapped out on the Marines because she was scared. She is the embodiment of everything that I don't want my kids to become.

Unless you want to ask her about how to buy or use weed there's not much to talk about with her.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:47:06 PM EST
in
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:47:40 PM EST
I would call the police and report an assault. See how the kid likes sitting juvie with some teenagers.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:48:39 PM EST
+1

They fuck with you until you learn to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:49:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By turdferguson:
I would call the police and report an assault. See how the kid likes sitting juvie with some teenagers.

sigh...

Oh, the good ole days of settling a dispute with some fisticuffs....
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:49:48 PM EST
In for the outcome
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:50:36 PM EST

TIGERCLAW!

T
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:51:45 PM EST
first "in on one"

you gave him great advice. hope he bites his ear off.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:52:06 PM EST

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:52:07 PM EST
My dad told me never hit a kid unless he hit you first...Problem was I was so short that I would get laided out...So I would wait a couple of days and take them by suprise...Always got in trouble...But that fucker would quit...
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:52:09 PM EST
The responsible thing to do is get him a switchblade. He probably has small hands, so a 9" stiletto would be more than adequate......

...just kidding!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:53:33 PM EST
tagging for outcome
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:57:07 PM EST
Good job Dad. Perhaps a very important developmental moment for both of you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:58:02 PM EST
of course you handled it right, the last thing we need in this country is more whiners
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:58:16 PM EST
Tag for outcome.

I hope your son gives the kid what he deserves.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:58:50 PM EST
tag for outcome
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:59:21 PM EST
I hope your son kicks his ass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:59:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2009 3:02:12 PM EST by 444]
Originally Posted By 2001WS6:

Must be long lost brothers My father told be the same thing.

I told my mother to stop packing me a lunch to take to school. My dad asked me why. I told him that other kids were getting into my locker and eating it, so there was no point in me taking one. My dad immediately said, so why don't you kick their asses ? I said, they are a couple years older than I am and they are bigger. Dad said, so tomorrow taking a fucking baseball bat to school with you.

My best friend had the same problem. He poisoned a decoy lunch and put it in his locker. A couple hours later he got called into "the office" and asked why he poisoned his lunch ? He said, why were they eating my lunch ?
This was a small town in the 1970s when and where there wern't a bunch of Mary's working at the school. When he asked why they were eating his lunch the principal paused for a second and said, Good Question. End of story.
The problem immediately stopped after the tainted lunch story got out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:00:35 PM EST
Tag for AAR
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:03:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:03:57 PM EST
A few weeks into my freshman year in HS this big ol' senior (IIRC, he was around 19 or 20 ) kept trying to start shit with me. After most of the period of putting up with it I decided to try to dish some back out. He mopped the floor with me despite my best efforts but that was the first, last and only fist fight I was in in HS and also the last time anyone tried to bully me in school. You gotta stick up for yourself.

I still voted for you being an asshole though
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:04:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By wyatt1:
That's exactly what needed to be said.

I told my 7 and 9 year olds that if someone ever lays a hand on them after being told no they have my permission to knock the kid flat. But only if they tell them to stop first.

I told them I'd never get mad at them for protecting themselves not matter what the teacher/ principal says.

So far they've not had to.

Which isn't quite the same as returning to the "scene of the crime." In the adult world, that's not self-defense. That's assault.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:04:30 PM EST
Needs more racking of the shotgun.

(Don't do that).
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:06:24 PM EST

More proof of the pussification of America.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:06:58 PM EST

Pussy.

Roy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top