Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 1:14:23 PM EDT by fadedsun]
need I say more? She's FINE, the rear of her POS cavalier is toasted-the spare tire is now in the back seat. Rear 1/4 panels are crumpled, one flat tire, and it doesn't drive straight. I'll post the pics here in a sec.

FYI this car was involved in 2 prior mis-drivings, once it drove off the road into a ditch, with a messed up steering system and flat tire, second time it was backed into a telephone pole...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:14:19 PM EDT
Glad your sister's okay. And the guy probably did you a favor by totalling that Cavalier

Hope the hit-and-runner's karma comes back to him/her soon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:16:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:
Glad your sister's okay. And the guy probably did you a favor by totalling that Cavalier

Hope the hit-and-runner's karma comes back to him/her soon.

+1 Karma is a bitch...good pals with Mr. Murphy.

Glad your sister is ok.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:17:58 PM EDT
My sis had a cavalier. They are crappy deathtraps.

glad to hear she's alright.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:23:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
My sis had a cavalier. They are crappy deathtraps.

+1

My wife had a Cavelier. They seemed to be a magnet for hit and run drivers and drunk drivers.

During the time she owned the car she was hit 3 times in the rear by drunk drivers. The first of which was a trucker who then sped past her (other truckers saw it and stopped the guy - they even offered to let my wife have a 'shot' at him before the cops go there). Then it was hit & run time again while the car was at the repair shop waiting to be fixed from that first incident!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:25:29 PM EDT
Cavaliers... a casket with suspension.

Everyone wants a tiny fuel efficient car in a world full of giants.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:28:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 12:33:08 PM EDT by SouthHoof]
+1 on glad she's okay

3 strikes & its out, a Cavalier is a disposable car.

Take her shopping for something safer

[no Hummer jokes should be injected into this thread]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:00:33 PM EDT
Glad your sis is okay. That's the big thing.

+1 on all the comments about Cavalier's. I don't think I would be to harsh on the guy. He did you a favor.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:11:36 PM EDT
Originally she wanted to buy my Mercedes, however that car has been nothing but 100% reliable for me and I wasn't about to give it up, so I told her to Contact this one guy who sold me the car I had before the Merc and he hooked her up with a decent 90' Cav. Here's the front picture, I'll show the real carnage in the next pics.

Here it is being loaded onto the back of the tow truck.

She's really upset about the whole thing, but I'm happy she's OK.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:11:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
need I say more? She's FINE, the rear of her POS cavalier is toasted-the spare tire is now in the back seat. Rear 1/4 panels are crumpled, one flat tire, and it doesn't drive straight. I'll post the pics here in a sec.

FYI this car was involved in 2 prior mis-drivings, once it drove off the road into a ditch, with a messed up steering system and flat tire, second time it was backed into a telephone pole...

Ben

Glad's she's fine, but since when do cars drive themselves off the road into a ditch or back themselves into a telephone pole?

That girl might be in need of some driving assistance...

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:18:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DScott:

Ben

Glad's she's fine, but since when do cars drive themselves off the road into a ditch or back themselves into a telephone pole?

Sorry, didn't mean to say the car did it or imply it had. She hasn't had her license very long (3 weeks, tops) and she's learning things the hard way. I had an accident 2 weeks after I got my license though, no damage was done to the other guy (Brand new 03 Cherry red 'Urban!) and all I had was a bent hood and slightly leaking radiator.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:55:10 PM EDT
Update.

It was a Dark colored (Possibly hunter green) 90-96 Ford explorer, possibly drunk that hit her. It happened at 11:00pm last night.....

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:25:21 PM EDT

Ben

Sorry, didn't mean to say the car did it or imply it had. She hasn't had her license very long (3 weeks, tops) and she's learning things the hard way. I had an accident 2 weeks after I got my license though, no damage was done to the other guy (Brand new 03 Cherry red 'Urban!) and all I had was a bent hood and slightly leaking radiator.

I gotcha there. I don;t think most people really learn to drive until *after* they got their license.

I had a head on collision in my first car about three months after I had it. Nice '51 Chevy.

Fortunately, the other guy was driving a Totyota p/u, and just bounced off the front.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:29:16 PM EDT
glad your sister is okay!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:32:58 PM EDT
We needs some pics of your sister too. Just the car pics is insufficient.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:37:51 PM EDT

Ben

I gotcha there. I don;t think most people really learn to drive until *after* they got their license.

I had a head on collision in my first car about three months after I had it. Nice '51 Chevy.

Fortunately, the other guy was driving a Totyota p/u, and just bounced off the front.

No kidding man, I have to clean the hondas off of my wheel wells whenever I drive into the city. Gets to be a pain after a while .

You can see the mercedes in some of the pics (It's the brown turdish looking car)...sort of.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:38:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:

I would be murdered in cold blood.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:39:58 PM EDT

Why? She married to Hercules?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:45:27 PM EDT

I was just kidding. I htink this is the last place you wan't to post pics of sis for the bunch of us perverts. Uh, I mean those perverts. I'm not a pervert.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:03:11 PM EDT

I was just kidding. I htink this is the last place you wan't to post pics of sis for the bunch of us perverts. Uh, I mean those perverts. I'm not a pervert.

It's ok, she's not into short guys !

Top Top