Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2001 11:32:30 AM EDT
How can I splain to the wife how much money I can put into my savings acct for my M1A1 Scout?  She seems to think that the money I have saved should be accesible if we "really need it" I say NO WAY, that money stays where it is, it's my private rifle money and it only got there thru my scraping lunch money and allowance (she controls) for the past 9 months!  I saved it, it's mine...unless the roof was falling in of course...
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I know the feeling{minus a wife nagging me about}.I always have a M1A fund or a  new AR upper fund.but in the end I just put all the funds together to get something.Maybe my  problem is I got to many funds.

Just had to transfer money from my AR-50 fund over to the 65 mustang restoration fund.

Sadly I doubt I will ever own a .50,but I could'nt let a vintage car rust out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I should just lie about how much the rifle costs, she'll never know anyway....
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe I should just lie about how much the rifle costs, she'll never know anyway....
View Quote

A friend of mine that just married gave me a piece of advice,don't tell her how much your guns our worth(his main toy is a M1A he has a couple grand in).That way when hard times hit she would'nt see your guns as instant cash
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
No blood! [:O]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How can I splain to the wife how much money I can put into my savings acct for my M1A1 Scout?  She seems to think that the money I have saved should be accesible if we "really need it" I say NO WAY, that money stays where it is, it's my private rifle money and it only got there thru my scraping lunch money and allowance (she controls) for the past 9 months!  I saved it, it's mine...unless the roof was falling in of course...
View Quote

I KNOW that story oh too well!

Planning on getting my M1A soon too, but the standard loaded one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy then live with it she'll hate you for it anyway. [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife: How much did [i]THAT[/i] one cost???

Me: You don't wanna know, dear.

Oddly, she let's me get away with that.

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HHHHMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! you guys better listen up!!!! this is the wifey price sheet
garands $250 [cmp befor the increases]
M1A super match= $250. [looks like a garand]
Leupold scopes=$49 each [tasco, leupold no differnt]
AR15s = $325 each new and $200 used [i only buy NEW LOOKING used ones]
ammo MUCH cheaper by the case!!! like $45 per 1or2000 [they're giving that surplus stuff away]
pistols? mostly sat. night specials $99. [manufacturers vary,glock,sig,walther,kimber,S&W]

ok, get the point yet? stay married a long time tell her the above prices.
View Quote

What do you tell her when you built your AR from parts, like mine?  [;)]

I've had it since December, but wifey doesn't know about it yet. I was thinking about $400 in parts, plus my labor over the past year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Just tell her what a good investment it is. Tell her the truth about what the price was just 10 years ago and what it is now. Usually works for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I use the garage sale story. I brought home a 1200.00 M1A and told her I payed 125.00 at a garage sale across town. She never batted an eye. Can you say...Hook, line and sinker. I now have about 7 garage sale guns in the cabinet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh God, I'll never survive married life then.  My GF knows exactly how much an Ar15 and an 870 cost, and the prices on the ammo that she expends as often as we can get to the range.  I'm doomed!

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Guns are a lot easier to hide than [b]tractors.[/b] I was on an antique Allis-Chalmers buying spree 2 years ago.

I found it better to give them names instead of numbers(#1,#2,#3,etc...) They don't remember the names as well and forget the total count. It also helps to store a couple on your friends farm.

(AR15s)Always hide the new one until the next one is purchased. Then let her see the previous and say, "This one, I've had this one for months." Then repeat the process.

Link Posted: 4/24/2001 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Just tellher to chill. Say look honey pretty soon you won't be able to get these fine rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top