Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:44:47 AM EDT
Am I the only one who is tired of the attitude of Americans lately? Whatever happened to working hard, and being grateful for living in the best country in the world?
My rant.....
I work at a large big box retailer, over the weekend we had a sale where we had some items that were "advertised specials" marked down from $99 to $69. At $69 this item was a very good price, but we decided to get crazy and take an additional markdown from this point on this item and several others at the store level. We are tired of lackluster offers from our home office, so we decided to take some additional markdowns on these items at OUR STORE only to create some excitement, offer a true value to our customers, and have some fun. So we marked the item down from $69 to $30, again at OUR STORE only. We sold our last one on monday morning, which was fine as our advertised ad stated that quantities were limited at the $69 price, and once they were gone, they were gone....
Anyway a customer calls me up monday afternoon asking to speak to the manager. I pick up the call and she immediately jumps all over my A$$ about why the other stores are not doing the same thing with the $30 price. I explain our thought process, that we chose to mark them down to drive excitement in our store and offer a great deal for the customers that happened to be shopping our stores. She is pissed at me because we are sold out now.....She came in Sunday, her and her friend bought one each of the $30 item, while we had plenty at the time. She then returns Monday after we have sold out and finds out they are gone. We have signs clearly placed on the items at the time of purchase noting that they are "Managers Specials", and that they are not available at other stores. She proceeds to yell at me and curse at me on the phone because she wants another one at $30, and the other stores have them but at $69.......

Why can't people just be happy that they got one at $30?.........am I the only one that feels that we are heading for another great depression.... I just think people in this country today have no idea what it is like to be grateful for what we have......I think that only ensures that we will experience severe hardship in our future......
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:48:27 AM EDT
Sense of Entitlement.

Sense of things not being "Fair"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:51:47 AM EDT
Top Top