Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 5:55:51 PM EDT

It is not time to speculate whether we should or even can restore New Orleans.  That discussion is for the future.  It is not time to worry about petty thieves.  They will get what they deserve.  It is not time to debate the cost and who will pick up the tab.  The money is immaterial and we will bear the cost.  It is not time to worry about the impact on your gas, heating oil, coffee or innumerable other commodities.  Ask the generation that survived the Depression and WWII the shortages they suffered.  We will survive.  The loss of material possessions is devastating, but pales in comparison to the loss of life.

It is the time to care for and support AMERICANS that are hurt, suffering and in danger.  The next few months will be perilous for many who call the Gulf Coast home.  If an AMERICAN does not deserve my help, who in the world does?

It is time to take care of our own.

SRM
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't feel that most of the people that are still there are AMERICANS. they rob,rape and kill and bitch for the MAN to pay/save them. the 2 changes for them right now is the government gave them the green light to do what they have been doing all along and there is water on the ground. many REAL AMERICANS have lost it all and need help. i feel very sorry for them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
No. New Orleans was a disaster waiting to happen. Why set ourselves up for repeat?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's time to ask why NO had such a pussified and corrupt government in house. None of that would be happening in Ft. Lauderdale, the sheriff's office is known for giving weapons free during riots
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What you fail to understand SRM is that a lot of posters here have already designated these people as sub-human. It appears to me from what I have seen on television that most on them are poor and uneducated, some of them are also criminals. All of the monday morning quarterbacks want to draw and quarter all of them for not leaving before the storm hit. I couldn't care less about what hapens to the criminals, but there are some good folks in there too, I am sure of it. I am amazed at how little compasion I see here for these people. They are not all bad people but there are some bad people mixed in among them and for that they are all condemned to hades.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What you fail to understand SRM is that a lot of posters here have already designated these people as sub-human. It appears to me from what I have seen on television that most on them are poor and uneducated, some of them are also criminals. All of the monday morning quarterbacks want to draw and quarter all of them for not leaving before the storm hit. I couldn't care less about what hapens to the criminals, but there are some good folks in there too, I am sure of it. I am amazed at how little compasion I see here for these people. They are not all bad people but there are some bad people mixed in among them and for that they are all condemned to hades.

Your point is well made,  but it does not affect my actions.  Save them all, let the judges sort out the living.  I have seen the comments of some of the members.  I pray no misery ever affects them or their families for they don't deserve it either.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top