Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2010 5:54:45 PM EDT
Lets see those pawnshop scores!
Broke the old pentax 7 mp camera last night and found this nice replacement at the local pawn shop today. The sticker was $50, but get this. The dude at the counter started to haggle DOWN to 40 bucks for me?!?! I was like, "sure man". Its a samsung BL 1050 10.2 megapixel and takes great pics. the only problem was taking a picture of the thing So I took the pic with my webcam

Never really thought I'd find a good deal around hre as most shops seem more interested in collecting rusty power tools than making money.

Here is a pic I took with the new camera
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You got the crazy eye!
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You got the crazy eye!

I was going for the shower cookie look.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting solution using a web cam.... what with those elusive mirrors and everything.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
"Wait a second. Marines guard the streets of heaven? Why am I getting fucked with firewatch when I die?"

I raffed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a nearly mint Remington Speedmaster 552 .22 rifle today;
paid $250.00 for it, at my favorite pawnshop/gunstore.These are the
guys I do all my FFL transfers with

Great classic rimfire, fires .22 shorts, longs,and Long rifle.

No serial number, so I knew it was pre-'66. Checked online, made
in Janurary of '65, so the sumbitch is a year older than I am, and
in a LOT better shape. I don't know how great a deal this is, but
for a old-style, Made in the USA, no plastic or pot-metal .22, I think
it's worth it. It is in truly great shape

Had one years ago, in not nearly as good a shape. I don't remember why
I sold it, but when I saw this baby at the stoe, I just HAD to have it. I haven't
owned a .22 since then, that would be around 1990.

No, no pictures yet; I want to see how it shoots, first. I will say that the internals
were dirty as hell, looked like it hasn't been cleaned out in years/many rounds. She's
clean as a whistle now, though. Bought 200 rounds of CCI to go with it, for considerably
less than the .45's, .223/5.56 and 12 guage I usually buy.

This is the wife's favorite gun to shoot, she loves the .22's her Daddy taught her to shoot with,
so I expect to have to share this one.

Right now, not having shot it, I'm very happy with it. The nostalgia factor alone is worth something.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I sold it, but when I saw this baby at the stoe, I just HAD to have it. I haven't

No, no pictures yet; I want to see how it shoots, first. I will say that the internals
were dirty as hell, looked like it hasn't been cleaned out in years/many rounds. She's
clean as a whistle now, though. Bought 200 rounds of CCI to go with it, for considerably

This is the wife's favorite gun to shoot, she loves the .22's her Daddy taught her to shoot with,

Right now, not having shot it, I'm very happy with it. The nostalgia factor alone is worth something.

Pics?

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

GOOD SCORE!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a pawn shop deal but I bought a Colt Cobra today, 90 percent, good lock up and timing for $270.00.

I will carry this gun alot.  It's soaking in Ed's Red as I type this.

I looked at the manager and said "now wait a minute...........$270.00??!!

He said "yes".

I checked it out, it has proper lockwork timing, etc. and I bought it IMMEDIATELY. (Fired it at the range there and it is a real nice revolver.)

(People in Michigan ain't doing very well nowadays.  Manager said the young man sold his deceased father's two handguns for a set price and the manager passed the savings on the Cobra along to me.  I feel bad for the young man, I wish I could have given him the $270.00 because he probably only got around $150.00 for it. )

One of the workers said, the manager wouldn't let them buy it unless it wasn't sold this weekend.  The manager bet it would go before Monday, (they got it early this morning), RDak got there this afternoon and bought it.  The manager won the bet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
best deal I ever got was a USP 40 in VGC w/ 3 Hi-Caps during the ban OTD for like $400
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Stink eye!
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Up here pawn shops want top dollar,my best score was aCZ452 scout I got while walking OUT of a gun show last break up,98% + condition for 80 FUKKN DOLLARS!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top