Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:55:50 PM EDT
1. Handguns should have a license and psych test, because that way crazies couldn't get them

2. "Evil" rifles are ok. Except the Bayonet.

3. Hi-Caps should be legal, but only because he's to lazy to keep reloading 10 rounders

4. Machine guns should be banned. Why? because if new ones were legal with or without the tax stamp, CLEO sig, and background check availibility would go up. So all the gangsta would steal them from legal owners.

5. We only really need boltguns.

6. We would be able to fight an overbearing government exclusively semi autos. We would find people to buy FA from if it turned out we needed it.

7. Guns are used to commit crime much more often then prevent it.

8. And he recently said, you don't really need to pack a handgun for defense. Thats what police are for.

I love him, but he's starting to  get on my nerves when we start talking about guns. But at least he doesn't force it on others. He admits they're just his views and most people disagree with him, so atleast he's not a real gun grabber.

Edited to add: He does want a 1911, and has an apreciation for the mechanical art. Like I said, he's not a real gun grabber, just a little elmer fudd.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to work on your father a little more.

Seeing that you and your old man are from California, you get a pitty pass.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad gave me a nice C&R bolt gun for Christmas, and likes shooting my AR. He wants a nice 1911 and .50, but is still dealing with other priorities. He also thinks you should shoot dead criminals at the scene of the crime and call the police just come pick up the bodies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You need to work on your father a little more.

Seeing that you and your old man are from California, you get a pitty pass.

I do. And he is slowly coming over to our side, having fewer and fewer reasons for people to not own guns "like that".
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad breaks the law.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1. Handguns should have a license and psych test, because that way crazies couldn't get them

3. Hi-Caps should be legal, but only because he's to lazy to keep reloading 10 rounders

4. Machine guns should be banned. Why? because if new ones were legal with or without the tax stamp, CLEO sig, and background check availibility would go up. So all the gangsta would steal them from legal owners.

6. We would be able to fight an overbearing government exclusively semi autos. We would find people to buy FA from if it turned out we needed it.

8. And he recently said, you don't really need to pack a handgun for defense. Thats what police are for.

I love him, but he's starting to  get on my nerves when we start talking about guns. But at least he doesn't force it on others. He admits they're just his views and most people disagree with him, so atleast he's not a real gun grabber.

The anti-gun lobby works partially by making casual gun owners believe that guns are for hunting or competition only.  Once that goal is accomplishished, there is little or no resistance to banning "Assault Weapons" or anything semi-automatic.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1. Handguns should have a license and psych test, because that way crazies couldn't get them Gun control is for commies and wimps.  Guns don't kill people, I do.

2. "Evil" rifles are ok. Except the Bayonet. He is a smart man to ban bayonets.  I was the victim of a drive-by bayonetting just last week, and was bludgeoned by a bayo-lug a month ago when the Assault Rifle attacked me.

3. Hi-Caps should be legal, but only because he's to lazy to keep reloading 10 rounders Carpel Tunnel is bad.

4. Machine guns should be banned. Why? because if new ones were legal with or without the tax stamp, CLEO sig, and background check availibility would go up. So all the gangsta would steal them from legal owners. No real gansta needs anything but a Tehkk-9, foo.

5. We only really need boltguns.I agree.  Every gun needs a bolt.  Where else would we keep the firing pin?

6. We would be able to fight an overbearing government exclusively semi autos. We would find people to buy FA from if it turned out we needed it. How dare anyone question the soverignty of our government by even daring to think that we may have to oppose it with violence?  Peace is the answer...

7. And he recently said, you don't really need to pack a handgun for defense. Thats what police are for. My police officer's name is Frank.  He is always at my side, protecting me from harm.  The wife kinda finds it awkward with both our officers in bed with us, plus the dog.  Her officer is hot though.

Everyone has their own cop, right?

I love him, but he's starting to  get on my nerves when we start talking about guns.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Handguns should have a license and psych test, because that way crazies couldn't get them Gun control is for commies and wimps.  Guns don't kill people, I do.

2. "Evil" rifles are ok. Except the Bayonet. He is a smart man to ban bayonets.  I was the victim of a drive-by bayonetting just last week, and was bludgeoned by a bayo-lug a month ago when the Assault Rifle attacked me.

3. Hi-Caps should be legal, but only because he's to lazy to keep reloading 10 rounders Carpel Tunnel is bad.

4. Machine guns should be banned. Why? because if new ones were legal with or without the tax stamp, CLEO sig, and background check availibility would go up. So all the gangsta would steal them from legal owners. No real gansta needs anything but a Tehkk-9, foo.

5. We only really need boltguns.I agree.  Every gun needs a bolt.  Where else would we keep the firing pin?

6. We would be able to fight an overbearing government exclusively semi autos. We would find people to buy FA from if it turned out we needed it. How dare anyone question the soverignty of our government by even daring to think that we may have to oppose it with violence?  Peace is the answer...

7. And he recently said, you don't really need to pack a handgun for defense. Thats what police are for. My police officer's name is Frank.  He is always at my side, protecting me from harm.  The wife kinda finds it awkward with both our officers in bed with us, plus the dog.  Her officer is hot though.

I love him, but he's starting to  get on my nerves when we start talking about guns.

lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#8]

My police officer's name is Frank. He is always at my side, protecting me from harm. The wife kinda finds it awkward with both our officers in bed with us, plus the dog. Her officer is hot though.

A dog ran into my yard chasing a felon feline and shot my cop!    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I fugging love that line!  funniest thing I've read all night. Thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I converted my parents to some extent.  they used to be totally antigun, now have almost as many as me.

I gotta get them out to try the AK's sometime.

Damn Baby Boomer's pritnear ruined this country.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
How old are you?

Sounds like your dad still rules the roost. Once you reach the age to talk to him like a friend  and a son, then he may change his mind.

Worked for my  father, ymmv.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#12]
It is always a shame when you realize your dad is not who he should be...........
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you sure he's your dad?  My dad tells me I don't have enough ammo and to buy more guns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Remind him that cars kill many more people than guns.  Should we ban cars?

Ask him 30 seconds before he leaves on a beer run and hold out your hand for the keys.

G
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#16]
wow.

my dad just bought his first M4gery.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Edited to add: He does want a 1911, and has an apreciation for the mechanical art. Like I said, he's not a real gun grabber, just a little elmer fudd.

The worst kind of gun owner.

Ask him if he wants his thirty pieces of silver now, or later, after all the "bad" guns are gone. Of course by then, all guns will be "bad".

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
download this and have him read it. then discuss it with him....

the gun fact book

He'll say: "I don't care- don't confuse me with facts. Statistics can be made to skew your argument any which way you want. I've already made my mind up anyway. Anybody who disagrees with me is a right-wing nutjob who kills schoolkids."

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Can't even speak to my Dad. I love him but he is a died in the wool liberal.
I think that fact made me the stongest conservative possible and my being politically active he actually created the monster.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#21]
My dad's not anti-gun, but he's not a gun owner either.  He's still convinced that every AR or AK that I own is illegal, haven't been able to convince him otherwise.  You should have seen his face when I showed him my Barrett over Christmas.

Now try to figure this one out.  My mom owns a gun, has a carry permit, knows that everything that I own is legal, is a member of the NRA, and voted for as well as campaigned for Kerry because "Bush is evil."
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Depends who he is voting for out there....with views like that  it sounds like Feinstain, Boxer, Waman, Lockyer, Codrea (sp), Waters are right up his alley.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I would disown him if I were you.

People that don't liek guns come up with some of the dumbest rationalizations for how gun ownership should be.

Psych test? If that's the case people should DEFINITELY have a psych test to drive and own a car. Road rage is a lot more common and someone going nutso and going on some sort of shooting rampage. Or a kitchen cutlery set. Or baseball bats. Or...

And I like how people think criminals somehow have access to this big database of all the people that own different types of guns, so they can steal them. Criminals are usually criminals for a reason... because they're too fucking dumb to do anything productive in society.

I usuallly can't even reason with people who think so narrowmindedly as that. I get too pissed off because they refuse to listen to anything that is anchored to reality.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Honor your father for the effort it took and the sacrifices he made to raise you.
Thank him for his opinion. Let him know you respect his right to have it.
Live your own life as you see fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Honor your father for the effort it took and the sacrifices he made to raise you.
Thank him for his opinion. Let him know you respect his right to have it.
Live your own life as you see fit.

And then when all of that is out of the way,

WHUP HIS ASS!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My dad gave me a nice C&R bolt gun for Christmas, and likes shooting my AR. He wants a nice 1911 and .50, but is still dealing with other priorities. He also thinks you should shoot dead criminals at the scene of the crime and call the police just come pick up the bodies.

why waste ammo on things that are already dead?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why waste ammo on things that are already dead?

Duh!  They could become a zombie at any moment and rise from the dead!  Ain't you ever heard "if its worth doin', its worth doin' right?"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Does he not see the self contradiction in #4 and #6?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Reason, logic, and common sense can easily defeat most if not all of his positions?

So why is a bayonet a bad thing when attached to an assault rifle?    Does it make the rifle THAT MUCH
more deadly?    Explain, please.

CJ

dunno. He just doesn't like 'em. Guess he figures the guy with the loaded gun would stab first and shoot later
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Remind him that cars doctors kill many more people than guns.  Should we ban cars doctors?
G

Try this one on him, and see what he says...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Mom was an anti while i was growing up,  I make fix , after a few years of working at it she went off the deep end , She has gotten her pistol permit, 2 .22 handguns, a 10/22 , a glock 19c, is working on an sks and wants a 20 gauge shotgun, all in the last 6 months or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top