Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2001 9:37:52 PM EDT
It was beautiful.  My three man team was gone except for me and I was in a world of Sh!t.  I was facing three men in a bunker and had no was to get them.  At my feet was an old piece of garden hose.  I picked it up and yelled, "I guess it's time to use my grenade."  I threw it and waited.  The guys in the bunker covered and I charged.  By the time they realized that my "grenade" didn't go off, I was already charging them.  They tried to return fire but it was too late.  I over ran their position.  As we were walking back to our staging area one of the guys asked me if my grenade ever went off.  When I told him what it really was he was embarrassed that he had fallen for it.  A great way to win.

I just had to tell somebody. [:D]  
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, It worked[:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]
their is a thing called "strange ord. M69" its a paint grenade that uses a explosive to blow, its strictly banned. you can still get "faux M69s" for that very purpose.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
How does the faux one work.  It isn't a water balloon is it? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#4]
One time I was playing paintball and was in a similar situation as you were; two guys behind a plywood bunker.  We were shooting it out when I heard one run out of ammo and the other out of air (this was back in 1990). I charged up to their bunker and kicked it down with my boot and shot them both at point blank range.  That game really gets the adrenaline pumping.

Brilliant tactic, BTW!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I love close quarters paintball.  It may hurt a little more when you get hit, but you adrenaline is pumping so hard you don't notice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have met more wanna-bes at a paintball place then I ever have at a gunshow!!!!! [:D] sorry could'nt resist.

I actually enjoy paintballing{airsoft is not here yet}.One time in speed ball I had 2guys pinned inside a plywood "building" that had holes and slits in it.I was taking fire from a guy on behind my left{I was forward of the territory we "owned".When I turned around to call for some help,out of the corner of my eye
I see the "flash hider of a tippman 98 potruding from a slit right by my head.Right when my mind registers it and my bidy starts moving, I see a beatiful white flower of CO2 blossom from the barrel.One paintball hit my collar bone,2 hit the side of my neck,and 2 more went under the corner of my mask and busted on my jaw.I went down and I looked up and saw the guy still sparying the air where I was a second ago.

I no longer like playing with people that have full auto-conversion kits on ther tippmans or whatever when I am using a rental pump-gun. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I played last weekend. Ahhhhh, it felt soooo goood. We play outdoors and were suffering from prolonged cabin fever.

The last geme was the best. My friend and I went one-on-one. I went in wondering what I was going to do and where I was going to do it. Soon I found THE spot. I laid down and a couple of minutes later I see my target. I watch as he looks all around, bends over, picks up a rock and chunks it down the hill. I watch as he slips behind a scrub cedar and reappears where he was only closer. He looks ALL over, reaches down, grabs another rock and just as he releases, I whack him in the shoulder blade. He yells "HIT" and I start to laugh. "That's what you get for throwing rocks when you should be playing paintball."

What a way to start the season. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I played last weekend. Ahhhhh, it felt soooo goood. We play outdoors and were suffering from prolonged cabin fever.

The last game was the best. My friend and I went one-on-one, everybody else whimped out. I went in wondering what I was going to do and where I was going to do it. Soon I found THE spot. I laid down and a couple of minutes later I see my target. I watch as he looks all around, bends over, picks up a rock and chunks it down the hill. I watch as he slips behind a scrub cedar and reappears where he was only closer. He looks ALL over, reaches down, grabs another rock and just as he releases, I whack him in the shoulder blade. He yells "HIT" and I start to laugh. "That's what you get for throwing rocks when you should be playing paintball."

What a way to start the season. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have so many good memories of paintball.  I should start again.

-my friend the sadist who had a gun that could be adjusted on the field to increase velocity of his shots. We'd chrony up, go on the field, and then he'd turn his gun up to 450 fps.  People came off the field bleeding, but he turns down the gun before returning to the cars.  Chrony-test his velocity: 280 FPS.

-the time I was leading a squad, saw the enemy and opened fire.  Newbie who had been right behind me for 20 minutes panics and shoots the first thing he sees: my back.  I turn around and scream at him, the opposing player keeps lighting me up.

-the dicks who showed up to play with us for the first time, criticizing us, talking shit, dissing our gear.  We school them hard and they complain that we sucked because we didn't kill them fast enough.

-playing paintball on a Seattle field, charging a sanbagged fortress across an open field with 30 other guys.  What a rush.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahh, yes paintball. Its a great game. So many memories. What do you guys use? I got a Tippman Pro-Carbine, 20oz tank, VL2000 12V loader.

-One time, I was in a old mobile trailer. I saw a guy slowly approaching it, and I had him in my sights the whole way. I was in the corner as soon as his head came in, POW POW POW. then I saw two guys at the other end outside. I rushed them, yelled surrender, one guy did, the other decided to fight. POW POW POW, both of us where out.
-Another time, I was walking along a bushy path, and came in contact with two of the enemy. After engaging them quick a drew back, slowly and quietly went along a path right beside the other, separated by about 2 ft. I came right around back, and POW POW POW. Took 'em both out. As they walked away I heard 'em saying "How did he get back there?"
-Another time, part of my team was approaching the enemy's trailer. I took out one guy, the other guys on my team distracting the rest of the enemy in the trailer, and sprinted, grabbed the flag, and sprinted back to my trailer, being shot at the whole way.

Good times!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Paintball's one of those things I keep meaning to get involved with but never do. Any good paintball forums around?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I got dissed by the three guys I took out.  They were all wearing mossy oak break up and I had old tattered woodland camo BDU's.  I heard it all before the match about how turkeys can't see them.  I guess they wern't hidden well enough.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Paintball's one of those things I keep meaning to get involved with but never do. Any good paintball forums around?
View Quote

Here is a good site:

[url]www.warpig.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top