Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2001 6:57:09 AM EST
Shooting and collecting are rewarding hobbies, but I lust after windsurfing. I've tried lot's of stuff, but so far nothing compares to a good sailing session. I know that there is at least one other sailor on AR15.com. This photo of me was taken by a friend of mine through one of those cheap waterproof disposable cameras on Maui last year. It has been magnified and trimmed so the quality isn't that good. [IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=49839910&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:59:07 AM EST
Wow. Those disposable cameras can make even Maui look average. Cool pic, cooler hobby. Do you own your own rig???
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:11:03 AM EST
My sail was a 140 Evenrude.[;D] I had a Grady White, and I had it airborn like that a few times.(big storms) Didnt have much time for it, so I sold it. It was fun, and I DO miss it. Eric
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:45:30 AM EST
Yup, I have my own rig. Not only that, I have a 4 wheel drive truck dedicated to this sport complete with rack system. I'm lucky I started so early so I could get over the learning hump when I had lots of time and unlimited endurance. (Although equiptment sucked in the '80s and it is much easier to learn now) I am most at peace when I am windsurfing. Even when having a great time shooting, I am still thinking of other things. Only when on the water is the slate clean.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:49:26 AM EST
Looks cold there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:57:39 AM EST
No way I would have made it through that jump.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:39:28 PM EST
Hey GWIGG, I see you are an NC resident. I'm in VA and my normal sailing spots are in Hatteras and Nags Head. I feel as if I supported Avon's local economy single handedly from '93 through '97.
Top Top