Posted: 4/29/2002 12:18:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No, you can't have my 24" Spacegun!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
And remember, be nice to Anti.--he is among the most kind-hearted men alive.  [;)]
View Quote

Actually he's a rat-bastard.

He sold me my first AR, and now I'm a g*ddamn junkie. He and ammoman are pimping us all.[:P]

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
When I'm asked to describe anti to people, I stand by what I've been saying for years.  "Try to imagine a poodle on crank!" [;)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
a david koresh look-a-like on crank???

i've only known tim for about two years. imo, one of the nicest, most helpful guys you could ever meet.

tim and grin are working their butts off to put on the brc, and often get major abuse for their efforts (what's that old saying..."no good deed goes unpunished!").

i'll be at the brc working to repay tim for some of major the help he's given me at the bulletfest shoots.

and beekeeper, you are correct. tim will gladly help other shooters out before he takes time to enjoy the day, himself.

he also makes some of the best "camp stew" i've ever tasted!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I'm asked to describe anti to people, I stand by what I've been saying for years.  "Try to imagine a poodle on crank!" [;)]
View Quote

LOL

I will second(or is it third now?) that anti is a great guy. I had the honor of meeting him when he and his wife were vacationing here in South Florida, simply stated- they are good people.
I would drive to the New Havana,er I mean Miami Airport again to pick them up in a heartbeat.
Echo6
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
and beekeeper, you are correct. tim will gladly help other shooters out before he takes time to enjoy the day, himself.
View Quote

Yea, but only when I'm not busy tickling giant man eating lizards, with Echo6! [BD]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Anti, Grin, and Urodoji are all great guys!  They braved the Missouri Hurricane and really had a good time and made sure everyone else had a good time.

I really enjoyed shooting the M16 and 50cal....however, I was really impressed with the Spectre 45!  I have not shot a better handgun, and I have shot several.  Thanks again...or should I say Doh!  I am now buying another gun..hehe

ShamusMcoi you and your wife are great people.  Putting up with all of us at your house shows true hospitality and kindness.  

All in all it was a GREAT shoot!

medcop

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
To give those of you who have not met him a hint, his signature pic is a self portrait:

[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/antiussa.gif[/img]

I used to tell my kids what he looked like to frighten them into doing what I said, but then I got tired of the nightmares they had afterwards.  
Aside from the looks, he is a great guy--I have yet to talk to him when he is in a bad mood, and he has always had a little time to talk, regardless of how busy he was the few times I contacted him.

Definitely someone you want working for you.  I figure that if the BRC doesn't get enough funds to cover the expenses, G & B will sell Tim off to the highest bidder at the end of the convention--he must be a slave, as I don't think anyone would be that overworked (albeit well appreciated) unless they were wholly owned.

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
It's starting to get deep! [0J]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
He and Robert Fripp are real stand up guys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I worked along side him one day at a gunshow. I learned a bunch about the 2001 LEGP that day just listening to him. My $.02, he's a good man. [smoke]

Don't forget Anti, you said I could have extra door prize ticket's if I posted here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Anti? Damn good guy. This guy puts his heart and soul into guns, and making sure people have fun with guns.

Grin And Barrett? This guy on the other hand is satan. I'm not kidding. If anyone has ever heard the man laugh, they know what I'm talking about.

Thanks to him my wife is convinced we need a brand new stove. By the way, he of course sells the stove she wants to buy.

Just want to say thanks for all the kind words, but trust me, it was our pleasure having everyone over.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Another thanks to Grin and Anti for bringing the good toys down and letting us all have a turn.  Yes it was a monsoon, when I got my turn at the '16, my glasses were so wet that I couldn't get a sight picture, then I realized, it's a MG, who the hell needs sights???[:D]  

And the woodland camo M82A1 was a real hoot to shoot at propane tanks with...

Well, I had to spend hours Sat. night cleaning everything, and my rifle case are just now completely dry, but it was worth it.  Sorry I couldn't stay around for the BBQ and fun with the guys, but it was great meeting everyone.

Medcop, I love your AR 9mm setup, I might have to work on one for myself.

Thanks to Gordon (Armson-OEG) for bringing me the beta mag loader.

Can't wait for the BRC!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#16]
If anyone is looking for DonR this evening, he'll be the guy perched on his rooftop, saving his watch!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
If I was gay, AntiUSSA would be the first man I would ask out...I love him that much.
[moon]    [sex][moon]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I was gay, AntiUSSA would be the first man I would ask out...I love him that much.
[moon]    [sex][moon]

Sgtar15
View Quote

Ummmm, if you aren't gay, then how can we possibly explain that weekend in the Poconos..? [:X]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Sarge, I'd be careful I were you.  He'd probably say yes!! [:D]

Come to think of it, he might say yes anyway. [shock]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sarge, I'd be careful I were you.  He'd probably say yes!! [:D]

Come to think of it, he might say yes anyway. [shock]
View Quote

Don, may I remind you of the following remarks you made on a previous thread today in a reply to the BeeKeeper?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Mike,  does that go for me too??? [:D]
View Quote

You can run naked if you want to, but we ain't holding hands while we run.  
View Quote

Quoted:
My hand's not what I was figuring on!!!
View Quote

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.[;)]

Sgtar15

PS AntiUSSA, Yes, I had fun at the Poconos[:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#22]
i used to hate him.  well, not really hate him.  it was actually more like a deep-seated loathing, abhorence of him.

just kidding.

we didn't start off on the right foot.  but now we're bestest buds.

and i can't thank him enough for the compliments he's given me (indirectly) and for the BRC.

"For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow"
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
He's not much fun at a bar.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't get to feeling too great for him......he still has to work for me!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks to him my wife is convinced we need a brand new stove. By the way, he of course sells the stove she wants to buy.  
View Quote

Hmmmm....my wife also said something about a new stove. I told her she just got a new stove a few months ago.  She argued that Grin had the one she really wanted.  I told her that she didn't need a new stove and to get a new AR for herself instead.  You know what....she agreed on the AR!  

The new AR thing also had something with me getting the Spectre .45!  Did you guys shoot that thing?  It was f-ing awesome!

medcop

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No, you can't have my 24" Spacegun!
View Quote

Wha? You have a 24" spacegun and haven't tried to sell it to me?  I'm greatly disappointed. [:D]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#27]
He works??????????????????????  [shock]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#28]
This is totally off topic, but I would just like to add that I am drunker than 10 native Armericans on payday!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Heuy.... Iraquois...

Did you guyz know that ALL army aircraft are named after native American Tribes...?  Apache, Kiowa, Chinook, Black Hawk, Mohawk.. etc etc

Its great and fitting

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh, and Anti.. I need you to E mail me your address so I can sent $$ for my BRC registration

Aviator  [puke]

I dont feel so good
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
MedCop organized it, G&B and Anti and Urodoji  brought the coolest toys on earth--an M-16 and semi-auto Barrett (mod. 82?).  Kpel308 even stripped for the ladies.  I made new friends, and felt motivated to change my sig line to reflect the absolute truth about "gun people."  And remember, be nice to Anti.--he is among the most kind-hearted men alive.  [;)]
View Quote

This isn't exactly true. We took two Barrett M82's to the shoot. I was just the only one dumb enough to take it out into the pouring rain! I spend hours tearing that thing down, oiling it all up proper and building it back up. It doesn't have that many parts, really, they're just all so ^#@$%$% big. If it wasn't for that Robar finish on mine, I never would have taken it out of the case Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Heuy.... Iraquois...

Did you guyz know that ALL army aircraft are named after native American Tribes...?  Apache, Kiowa, Chinook, Black Hawk, Mohawk.. etc etc

Its great and fitting

View Quote

So, is there one called the Yakima (or spelled Yakama).......
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am grateful for your efforts.  You perhaps noticed how your rifle got my wife's behind out of the truck and she nearly sprinted down there hoping to shoot it.  At the time I did not know it was yours.  Anyway, you made her day.  I asked her tonight how the recoil compared to shooting ours.  Keeping in mind ours weighs 43# and has the (supposedly) ultra-effective 4-port fishgill MB.  I have not shot one of the tank brakes, so I hoped she could shed a little insight.  She said, "I really didn't notice any recoil.  I just saw the flames from the propane tanks!"  That, and busty too.  I love my wife.  [:)]
View Quote

There really isn't all that much recoil on mine. Anti and I both noticed that Grin's recoils harder, but his is newer and lighter, and has a few other differences. Mine is around 12 or 13 years old now. I wish the weather had been better. I took a ton of ammo down there with the intentions of letting everyone shoot a mag or so through the rifle(and then talk them into joining the FCSA, muahahahaha!) I do want to shoot your Rebel next time around. I bet it recoils like a .22 with that much weight on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Absolutely.  I brought it with that intention, but I just couldn't haul her out in the rain.  The recoil is roughly 2/3 of a .308, but much slower and drawn-out.  The muzzle blast is the trade-off.  AWESOME!!  12,000 ft. lbs. of energy being unleashed is just an incredible feeling.  [whacko]
View Quote

Sounds like a real pussycat to shoot. I did forget to mention my opinion of AntiUSSA. I think he's a complete bastard. Every time I call him, he tells me about some new great rifle/pistol/shotgun/scope/etc., and I end up muttering the phrase "put it on my card." Hanging out with him is even worse, because then you get to see and play with all this great stuff he's telling people about. [>Q]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#41]
We would do anything for or to help Mr. Anti...with the possible exception of that thing in the Poconos...

Your friends at Lauer Custom Weaponry
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't Know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top