Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2009 4:31:42 PM EDT
He called me yesterday and told me about it.  They both got laid off from work at the end of last year and and he and his girlfriend fought all the time.  well my old roommate was out drinking with him Friday night and they got pretty drunk and my old roommate went and stayed at his girlfriends house and the new roommate went home and shot himself in the head with a Taurus 9mm. "beretta style"  and his girlfriend found him a little later!  crazy huh!  I never meat him but my old roommate asked me to watch a couple of his guns for him till they figure out what they are going to do with them!  I guess he doesn't have any family!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
what do you mean by "meat him"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
life is never worth eating a bullet over. suicide is one of the most cowardly things a person can do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Suicidal roommates are always better than homicidal roommates.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 That never solves any problems only adds to them
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
No matter how bad thing are it's not worth that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
people sure are quick to turn to violence lately. Whether it be self inflicted or a shooting spree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

if that wasn't a Freudian slip, i don't know what is
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
No offense to you ladies on here, but NO chic is worth doing that.  15 yr old hung himself over a girl the other day down the street from me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I always thought that if I was ever crazy enough to consider suicide as a viable option I would just go start shooting criminals punisher style until one of them was luck enough to shoot me.

I mean if your going to kill your self you have nothing to lose anyway right?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

this.  Sounds a little perverse to say the least.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always thought that if I was ever crazy enough to consider suicide as a viable option I would just go start shooting criminals punisher style until one of them was luck enough to shoot me.

Not quite that easy, those who turn to suicide do it because they don't see any reason live.  All they want to do is end the pain and/or suffering and feel as though nobody cares.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
taking God out of everyday life has worked so well for so many I see. without God there is no hope, without hope there is despair
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite that easy, those who turn to suicide do it because they don't see any reason live.  All they want to do is end the pain and/or suffering and feel as though nobody cares.

This.  Have had a few bad days (today being one of them) myself
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
How much 9mm is left?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
taking God out of everyday life has worked so well for so many I see. without God there is no hope, without hope there is despair

I LOL'd
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1 You haven't lived 'til you have been in a mexican standoff with your roommate.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are a very wise man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I guess that's better than your old roomate's ex-roomate......

Bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Better to let life do you in than do yourself in.  One of the benefits of knowing about reincarnation is that it really makes you avoid suicide.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's not funny but it is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]
My old roommates new old roommate shot himself!!!

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#26]

don't try suicide

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You caught that, too?!!!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, I guess that's better than your old roomate's ex-roomate......

Bad deal.

Yes, bad deal.
Grandpa always told me..."watch out for the car behind the car in front of you" when I was embarking on a roadtrip...I miss that man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
life is never worth eating a bullet over. suicide is one of the most cowardly things a person can do.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok dude, because there's never been a Christian who committed suicide

Any more sweeping generalization gems you'd like to bestow upon us?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]
the new roommate went home and shot himself in the head with a Taurus 9mm. "beretta style" and his girlfriend found him a little later!

Did the old roommate's new roommate shoot himself in the head "beretta style," and then old roomate's new roommate's girlfriend found old roomate's new roommate dead?

or

Is your old roommate "beretta style"?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Two months ago an acquaintance killed himself.  He got his third DUI and while still drunk decided a bullet was preferable to jail time.  

Stupid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Better to let life do you in than do yourself in. One of the benefits of knowing about reincarnation is that it really makes you avoid suicide.

And this is more sane than Christianity?

I'll stick with God thx!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the new roommate went home and shot himself in the head with a Taurus 9mm. "beretta style" and his girlfriend found him a little later!

Did the old roommate's new roommate shoot himself in the head "beretta style," and then old roomate's new roommate's girlfriend found old roomate's new roommate dead?

or

he is saying that the taurus was a baretta 92 copy, probably a pt92 or a pt99.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Lotsa people seem to be teetering on the edge these days.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Better to let life do you in than do yourself in. One of the benefits of knowing about reincarnation is that it really makes you avoid suicide.

I'll stick with God thx!

Uhh.. what?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll stick with God thx!

That a shame that people make snap decisions and end up ending their lives. Permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Read some of the "Deleted" Apocrypha from ancient Christianity, Reincarnation is in there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll stick with God thx!

Uhh.. what?

No idea
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]
i hereby lay claim to a new acronym. IBTS.  In Before the "That Sucks" guy
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

he is saying that the taurus was a baretta 92 copy, probably a pt92 or a pt99.

Yeah, that makes sense, but my interpretations are more fun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
so is he going to get his deposit back?

<–––– survivor of a suicide so I think I have a little room to be crass.

RIP Grandaddy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

+1, one of my old co-workers dropped the hammer on himself last year...  Also when I was a kid another kid I new that was a couple of years older than myself offed himself with his Dad's shotgun because his girlfriend broke up with him, he couldn't have been 12 or 13...WTF?  His Dad found him that night, I couldn't imagine...

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No offense to you ladies on here, but NO chic is worth doing that.  15 yr old hung himself over a girl the other day down the street from me.

A+ for that comment
Might be sad or down for a little while, but fuck it. Life goes on!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#44]
what a waste.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Not to be overly crass, but I wish more people would kill themselves.  In fact, I wish I could master the Jedi Mind Trick to nudge a few folks in that direction.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is the big factor in the mass shooters, lack of any spiritualism and compassion as well, as a growing segment of society obsessed with fame and completely self centered on themselves as the most important person in the world.

If you going to go out, might as well take a bunch of people with you, get famous while your at it.  Why should you care if they die, they are NOT as important as you, there's nothing bigger than yourself, if you don't have everything you want all those lesser people must be conspiring against you.

Well, that and if you look into it, everyone of these mass shooting the shooter has been on SRRI anti-depressant drugs.  I think that is a factor as well.

Oh, and the shooters that survive, whats the common thread they confess to as for a motive for picking the location of their shooting spree, it was location where no one would be armed and be able to stop them.

NOTE: I'm talking about the rampage shooters, NOT suicides, granted they are people that want to stop the pain, NOT the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How much 9mm is left?

Lord help me, that was my first thought also.

OP, my condolences to whomever needs them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This. Read that, and thought, "What would Freud say about this?"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#49]
permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Lotsa people seem to be teetering on the edge these days.

When ecosystems are stressed, the least strong players get shaken out first.

He was weak sauce - and I'd bet we were lucky he didn't reproduce.

Although it's sad someone would come to this decision, how much damage could he have done to the people around him if he hadn't had to courage to take himself out of the equation?

It's all about choices. If you're incapable of making the most basic choice of all - that you can bring value to the world - then maybe that's a self-fulfilling prophecy that is working out like Charles Darwin postulated.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top