Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 3:41:02 PM EDT by nationwide]

This is my AR-15 pistol.

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Nuff said!

ETA: Here are the details on the pistol...

Lower and LPK from DPMS
11.5" Flat top pistol kit from Model 1 Sales
EOTech 512(F)

I'll likely upgrade to the ACE buffer tube and the MIAD grip... other than that, I think I have a winner!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:20:04 PM EDT
Very nice.

My buddy Tman has the hots big time for one of those.

I'll send him the link.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:23:48 PM EDT
cool!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:25:49 PM EDT
That so isn't a pistol. If you put a foregrip on it... NY sucks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:26:18 PM EDT
Nice nationwide

I've been putting off getting mine for too long.

GM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:28:37 PM EDT
Everytime I see an "AR-Pistol"................I have to ask...............WHY?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:31:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:37:53 PM EDT
Why?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:39:50 PM EDT
So what CCW holster are you going to use?

Looks nice, but I'd like a shorter buffer tube and barrel.. but that's just me. Round, aluminum free-floating handguards look so cool on AR pistols, and I don't know why..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:41:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:51:37 PM EDT
I like it!

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:07:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 4:08:56 PM EDT by thedoctors308]

Originally Posted By TUMOR:
Everytime I see an "AR-Pistol"................I have to ask...............WHY?

My opinion - and please people, dont get offended - it is so you can have everything ready to go for an SBR if the SHTF better handling, etc.

But that's just me, and I don't even have an AR.

Also, this is America - we don't have to have reasons - we just do.
ETA: Also, as Americans, we like to push the boundaries.
Ever seen some of the so-called muzzle loaders?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:14:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:

Looks nice, but I'd like a shorter buffer tube and barrel.. but that's just me. Round, aluminum free-floating handguards look so cool on AR pistols, and I don't know why..

Why not keep the long buffer on there so you could shoulder it and have a poor man's SBR?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:19:34 PM EDT
Thinkin 'bout building me one of those...

So....is it loud?

How's controllability?

Can you light a target on fire from 10 paces? (did that once with a muzzle loader)

GT

Very nice by the way
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:00:53 PM EDT

A buddy of mine actually built a matched pair... 7.5" barrels, quad rail free float tube... they are awesome! I wanted something more practical
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:03:21 PM EDT
Nice!

Haven't seen an AR15 pistol except in the Bushmaster catalog.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:05:12 PM EDT
sweet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:16:40 PM EDT
I know you guys always like a good rear angle shot...

I picked up a new camera today... so next time I'm home I'll get some better pics.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:43 PM EDT
I rather like the look of these:

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:21:19 PM EDT
I'm curious about the why, but from a different standpoint.

The buffer tube makes it ungainly and nearly as long as an SBR. I've seen the Olympic Arms OA-93, and it appears they eliminated the buffer tube, what replaced it's function I don't know. Is that not an alternative?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:21:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:

Why not keep the long buffer on there so you could shoulder it and have a poor man's SBR?

Why roboman! What ever do you mean???
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:22:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

The buffer tube makes it ungainly and nearly as long as an SBR. I've seen the Olympic Arms OA-93, and it appears they eliminated the buffer tube, what replaced it's function I don't know. Is that not an alternative?

The why?

How 'bout saving $200, no wait, and no NFA registration??

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:26:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

The why?

I didn't know it was NFA, always thought it was considered another pistol. (pistol with 30 rounds of M193 and flash suppressor )
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:30:57 PM EDT

I didn't know it was NFA, always thought it was considered another pistol. (pistol with 30 rounds of M193 and flash suppressor )

No, only the SBR is NFA, the OA-93/98 is just a pistol. It uses a special upper with it's own specul gas system. Think of it as an AR on steroids baked beans
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:34:04 PM EDT
I as well think the buffer is a little ungainly, but the great thing is we are now able to do cool things like this, unlike just over a year ago...That is the important thing...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:36:52 PM EDT

The why?

I'm pretty sure it is just another pistol. Granted a rather expensive pistol. The gas tube looks sinfully ugly on it too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 3:41:16 PM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]

Originally Posted By Mauser101:

The why?

I'm pretty sure it is just another pistol. Granted a rather expensive pistol. The gas tube looks sinfully ugly on it too.

Better than a tube sticking out the back. I just wonder what was wrong that it never caught on.

Edit: Pic stolen from gunsamerica, but this is exactly what I mean. For the same purpose, would this not be better than one with a tube sticking out the back of the gun?
(for the sake of argument. Please omit any digs about the uber-cheap sight. )

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:45:28 PM EDT
I have two stripped Stag Lowers sitting in the safe right now, you are giving me ideas . I never cared for the pistols when I first saw them but I think the idea of one has been growing on me lately.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:47:20 PM EDT
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT
Wanna know why the Oly pistol never caught on???

"Ban compliant"

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 3:52:31 PM EDT by Offspring]
9mm! It's More Funner . I shot it for the first time over the weekend and it rocks! Easily get 6" groups at 50 yards standing unsupported. It impressed me. Nice looking piece Nationwide.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 3:58:48 PM EDT by nationwide]

Originally Posted By Offspring:
9mm! It's More Funner . I shot it for the first time over the weekend and it rocks! Easily get 6" groups at 50 yards standing unsupported. It impressed me. Nice looking piece Nationwide.

www.rabidchicken.com/pics/arpistol.jpg

BAH! Mine gets more Thrusts per Squeeze!!!

Hey, just for the hell of it, I emailed Olympic on getting a "pistol" lower receiver that accepts the Glock mags... not available at this time
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:00:45 PM EDT

BAH! Mine gets more Thrusts per Squeeze!!!

Hey, just for the hell of it, I emailed Olympic on getting a "pistol" lower receiver that accepts the Glock mags... not available at this time

That would be cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:03:12 PM EDT
Looks great Nationwide!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 4:12:26 PM EDT by weptek911]

What are the specs/build parts on that one ? Very nice. I want one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:08:14 PM EDT
Nice Nationwide...I built mine a month after the ban expired...have'nt even shot it yet. But I built it cause I COULD.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 4:11:09 PM EDT by passgas55]
Now this is a pistol with firepower. I wanted an ar15 pistol but I opted for this instead. Welcome to the dark side. Enjoy your visit.

This was my pistol during the storm.Need to add a light and a laser.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:09:54 PM EDT
Great pistol!

As for the 'why?' crew, in New Hampshire we cannot have loaded rifles in our vehicles, only loaded pistols with a CCW. I also like the idea of not having to register it like an SBR. I have a stripped Stag Arms lower that I had transfered as a 'pistol'. Build in progress.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:12:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C-4:
Great pistol!

As for the 'why?' crew, in New Hampshire we cannot have loaded rifles in our vehicles, only loaded pistols with a CCW. I also like the idea of not having to register it like an SBR. I have a stripped Stag Arms lower that I had transfered as a 'pistol'. Build in progress.

Same thing in La.You can have a loaded pistol but no loaded rifle.I think it goes back to the game laws.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:18:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN:
I have two stripped Stag Lowers sitting in the safe right now, you are giving me ideas . I never cared for the pistols when I first saw them but I think the idea of one has been growing on me lately.

Now that I read about it a little I guess I would have had to of bought on of those lowers as a "pistol" receiver in order to be legal. Oh well if I decide to build a pistol one day I guess I'll just have to buy another lower as a pistol. That makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:18:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By passgas55:
Now this is a pistol with firepower. I wanted an ar15 pistol but I opted for this instead. Welcome to the dark side. Enjoy your visit.
tinypic.com/dwan3l.jpg

Nice! What is it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT

Great pistol!

Same thing in La.You can have a loaded pistol but no loaded rifle.I think it goes back to the game laws.

Exactly. Fucking lame. You can have an AK-47 underfolder on the seat next to you with a pile of loaded AK mags on top of it, but heaven forbid that you actually have one of those mags inserted into the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:27:57 PM EDT

Now that I read about it a little I guess I would have had to of bought on of those lowers as a "pistol" receiver in order to be legal. Oh well if I decide to build a pistol one day I guess I'll just have to buy another lower as a pistol. That makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if you could do this
, but maybe an FFL could 're-transfer' the lowers to you as pistols for a fee. It shouldn't be a problem especially if you went to the FFL who did the original transfer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:38:56 PM EDT

I don't know if you could do this, but maybe an FFL could 're-transfer' the lowers to you as pistols for a fee. It shouldn't be a problem especially if you went to the FFL who did the original transfer.

Didn't the Thompson Center court decision allow people to legally make pistols out of rifle receivers?

www.stephenhalbrook.com/tc.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Silesius:

tinypic.com/dwan3l.jpg

Nice! What is it?

It is an AK47 pistol put together by red jacket. I got it from Atlantic Firearms. Worked like a charm. Great fun to shoot at night with that flash from a 11" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:15:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zipdrive:
Nice Nationwide...I built mine a month after the ban expired...have'nt even shot it yet. But I built it cause I COULD.
i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/zipdrive/DSC00432.jpg

Heh. I didn't know Victronix made a Swiss Army pocket bayonet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT

Wanna know why the Oly pistol never caught on???

"Ban compliant"

http://www.olyarms.com/images/oa-98/oa-98-side-left.jpg

hr

Holy shit, that's badass... what functions as the buffer tube?

What's the minimum barrel length for fragmentation with XM193 within 50 yards or so?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
I want one - why? -- why ask why!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:30:09 PM EDT

Why roboman! What ever do you mean???

It wouldn't be illegal, would it? I honestly don't see how it would be. It's still a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:00:44 AM EDT

It wouldn't be illegal, would it? I honestly don't see how it would be. It's still a pistol.

That's one of the things we don't like to talk about...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:04:21 AM EDT

yup :)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top