Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/22/2003 11:16:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 4:27:14 PM EDT by einnor1040]
I've been out in the yard today mulching leaves with my mower. My new neighbor(a renter,moved in about 2 months ago) Has been hollering at me across the fence telling me to shut that GD mower off. It makes to much noise. He's been over into my yard twice telling me if I don't shut it off he's gonna kick my ass. I can tell he's pretty much shitfaced. I told him to STFU and go back to his house. I can work in my yard anytime I want to. After I got done, he hollered out his door "THANK-YOU. IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME, COME OVER HERE AND WE"LL TALK ABOUT IT & I"LL KICK YOUR ASS!" What a fuckin jerk. If he gives me any more shit, I'm calling the cops. He works for the city so it may not do any good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:18:23 AM EDT
Call the cops now.

Public intoxication and physical threats.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:19:38 AM EDT
Funny you bring this up. My neighbor next door was mowing HIS fucking lawn and I just got back in from kicking HIS ass.

ID KICK YOUR ASS TOO!!!!

BUT seriously...

As someone here said in a previous thread "Tell him to eat your ass with a spoon!" Your lawn, your lawn mower, your house.

F*ck him!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:19:45 AM EDT
shoot him in the f'ing head and he'll stop
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:19:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 11:26:04 AM EDT by ColonelKlink]
I don't know what gives you this assumption that just because he works for the city it wont do any good to call the cops. The guy was obviously threatening you with serious bodily harm and that is considered assault. Call the police immediately.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:23:34 AM EDT
Yep, call the cops and establish a record of complaints against him. You may get a restraining order later on. If there's a pattern, also complain to his employer about his violent tendencies. Get their HR people onto him as a workplace violence issue. Stink'n renters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:25:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 11:25:49 AM EDT by DzlBenz]
Call the "Serve and Protect" guys. It'd be different if this occurred at Oh-Dark-Thirty, but that's what Saturday afternoon is for - mowing the lawn. Ignore the jackass as much as you can, but if he assaults you again, drop dime on his municipal-workfare ass.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:27:09 AM EDT
Call the cops. Get your complaint in first.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:29:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Call the cops. Get your complaint in first.

This is exactly true. He who complains first is usually viewed as being in the right. Just do it. Get on record. anyone who is so much of an ass that they come onto YOUR property and threaten you with physical harm needs to be incarcerated.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:30:02 AM EDT

Many years ago, I had a neighbor show up at my back door, in the dark, with a ball bat in his hand. I had a 12 ga shotgun pointed at his head when my wife opened the door. (I had my hands full) Never did find out what he wanted, he just decided it was best to leave.

Been living here for almost 20 years and never had another major neighbor problem after that. (except for the occasional kid problem)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:30:15 AM EDT
Call the cops, and file a complaint....

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:32:48 AM EDT
What time was it?

Can he kick your ass?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:33:17 AM EDT
The cops are on the way. I'll fill you in later.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 11:36:02 AM EDT by ColonelKlink]

Originally Posted By einnor1040:
The cops are on the way. I'll fill you in later.

Awesome. A wise decision. Now dont make an ass of your self when they show up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:46:35 AM EDT
What time did you start the work?

And seriously, if it was too early to mow, it was too early for him to be drunk.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:47:16 AM EDT
I'm surprised you didn't deck him when he got in your face on your property! You had every right to.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:47:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ohio:
What time did you start the work?

And seriously, if it was too early to mow, it was too early for him to be drunk.

I started about 11:30 AM
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:51:58 AM EDT
Shit!! Thats waaaay to early! ;)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:54:17 AM EDT
Want to see me start an argument?

You fellows gave him typical soccer-mom advice. It's the legal way and it's the right way. But it's still not right.

This is the kind of crap can and should get worked out privately. Especially between neighbors.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:55:05 AM EDT
Well, the cops just left. The prick wouldn't answer his door. They said a report had been logged. Since he wouldn't answer the door so they could talk to him. there was nothing else they could do. WTF?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:56:18 AM EDT
When the police come, ask them to file a crimanl tresspass paper on said jerk, & if he comes on your property for any reason, he will be arrested.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:00:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ohio:

Hey! Watch it. After all, it's hard to be drunk all day if you don't start in the morning.

Originally Posted by WILSON:
This is the kind of crap can and should get worked out privately. Especially between neighbors.

You point presupposes that both parties are reasonable sort. I feel that if one party has his load on, the opportunity for reasonable discourse has passed. If the stooge is already at the point that he states that he will commit a violent act, one is advised to have the law enforcement component there ready to slap the cuffs on his ass if he does.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:01:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WILSON:
Want to see me start an argument?

You fellows gave him typical soccer-mom advice. It's the legal way and it's the right way. But it's still not right.

Neither is it right to be making drunken threats to a neighbor on a Saturday morning.

In principle I agree, but in reality, some people will only learn the hard way.

I'm sure einnor1040 has some prior knowledge abotu this guy, and has used that to help him make the decision abotu whether or not this is the kind of guy that can be reasoned with or not.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:02:11 PM EDT
Next time conceal a pistol when you cut and when he comes over study his demeanor before he gets close to you. If he looks like he's gonna cause you harm get that pistol out and tell him hes gonna have a hard time kicking your ass with a hole in his head. If you do that it will either work or make things worse.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:04:45 PM EDT

Well, the cops just left. The prick wouldn't answer his door. They said a report had been logged. Since he wouldn't answer the door so they could talk to him. there was nothing else they could do. WTF?

Carry mace & a gun. It's now documented that he threatened you. If he ever does try kicking your ass, mace him, and kick the shit out of the blinded prick and then call the cops. It was self-defense, it was documented that he threatened you. If he ever does try something with a knife/weapon, just kill him, make sure he's dead, call the cops, and call a lawyer. Tell the cops only a little bit, not ANY details. Get a blood sample drawn at a hospital and get it frozen for long-term storage. In the future, somebody will try to sue you for killing their long-lost brother who they haven't spoken to for years, and now see an opportunity for $$. They will try to discredit you, claiming you might have been intoxicated, or under influence of some drugs, or whatever... You'll have a blood sample frozen the day of the shooting that will PROVE you weren't influenced by any substances. Best to have it just incase.

So calling the cops DID HELP YOU! It DOCUMENTED the situation for your possible future benefit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:08:44 PM EDT

O.K. Im not trying to be a total dick head (just a little one)...But who ever said that everyone was giving Soccer Mom advise...He is right.

I Just happen to deal with this shiznit every day....Did he put a hand on you?, They can arrest him for assault...I do see that you said that he was on your property? If your laws agree, You can have him trespassed. Then you would have to do a court order. (The police cant do it for you) You need to get the Judge to put his name on it. Otherwise it is "Sticks and Stones."

Good luck man, I do feel for ya, and Im not trying to put you down, just wondering what you want the Cops to really do about it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:09:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By siennfein:
Next time conceal a pistol when you cut and when he comes over study his demeanor before he gets close to you. If he looks like he's gonna cause you harm get that pistol out and tell him hes gonna have a hard time kicking your ass with a hole in his head. If you do that it will either work or make things worse.

I DO cut the grass with a pistol. I also sleep with a pistol, work with a pistol, and I've even been known to make love with a pistol.

(ever have a thought that is perfectly coherent in your head, but once verbalized it's all fucked up?)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:11:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By iNuhBaDNayburhood:
If he ever does try something with a knife/weapon, just kill him, make sure he's dead, call the cops, and call a lawyer. Tell the cops only a little bit, not ANY details. Get a blood sample drawn at a hospital and get it frozen for long-term storage. In the future, somebody will try to sue you for killing their long-lost brother who they haven't spoken to for years, and now see an opportunity for $$. They will try to discredit you, claiming you might have been intoxicated, or under influence of some drugs, or whatever... You'll have a blood sample frozen the day of the shooting that will PROVE you weren't influenced by any substances.

Gee, I hope I can remember all that next time I kill one of the neighbors.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:14:04 PM EDT
So, he was too chicken to answer the door when the police showed up huh? Now he knows YOU called the cops on him.

Watch your six!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:17:36 PM EDT

I'm sure einnor1040 has some prior knowledge abotu this guy, and has used that to help him make the decision abotu whether or not this is the kind of guy that can be reasoned with or not.

I agree. The thing is that he hadn't made the decision yet, he asked for our opinions first.
Good idea, of-course!
But, without the benefit of more info, our advice shouldn't be a factor in his decision.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:20:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:
... just wondering what you want the Cops to really do about it?

Make a record of his complaint, which is exactly what happened.

The fact that this guy cowered behind his door when they knocked might be worth something, too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:26:18 PM EDT

I agree. The thing is that he hadn't made the decision yet, he asked for our opinions first.
Good idea, of-course!
But, without the benefit of more info, our advice shouldn't be a factor in his decision.

Especially since there was not a poll. It's not Official ARFCOM Advice (tm) without a poll.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:28:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Furner:

Maybe he works the night shift. When I was on nights I would show up at the grocery store at 8am after a long night of work to buy something to drink . They always assume your some kinda drunk buying booze that early but whats morning to some is the middle of the day for others.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:33:51 PM EDT
Right now, he has established a history of threats and tresspass by his intoxicated neighbor. Given the situation that the neighbor tries something in the future causing an armed confrontation, he will have that history as evidence. IMHO, he did the right thing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:43:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HunterGren:

Originally Posted By Furner:

Maybe he works the night shift. When I was on nights I would show up at the grocery store at 8am after a long night of work to buy something to drink . They always assume your some kinda drunk buying booze that early but whats morning to some is the middle of the day for others.

If so, he should have said something. Some neighbors are pricks no matter what, but it has been my experience that if you go talk to someone and explain what your problem is and why, you can sometimes reach an agreement on things. for example, I used to work late, so I needed to sleep late. Had a neighbor with a couple of horses. She'd get up at the crack of dawn to feed the horses and the dog. The whole time she was in the horse barn, the dickhead dog would bark constantly. This was maybe 50' from my bedroom. It drove me crazy. I tried ignoring it for a while, but this was not good for my sleep pattern. Anyhow, I figured out that the dog knew he was going to be fed shortly after the horses, and was so excited
that he barked all the time. we're talking 15-20 minutes of solid loud constant barking. Once I had this figured out, I walked over there one morning in my bathrobe and nicely explained that I kind of needed to sleep at this hour and would she mind trying out the experiment of feeding the dog before the horses. She was surprised that her dog bothered anyone (what a pinhead!) and agreed to give it a shot. It worked great. I got my sleep, and her animals all got fed. Now if this neighbor came out and said "say pal, I have a wicked hangover, would you mind terribly holding off on the mowing until 3:00 or tomorrow?" perhaps einnor1040 would have been ok with it and the problem could have been averted. Maybe not, but going onto another man's property and threatening him with bodily harm is not a a good way to be a neighbor...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:47:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

Good idea, of-course!

Especially since there was not a poll. It's not Official ARFCOM Advice (tm) without a poll.

You are SO right! That is what we get for running off Milsurp's polling ass.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:51:29 PM EDT
What I want to know is why you were out mulching the leaves in mid Nov. in the first place. Your wife should have had that done a long time ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:58:23 PM EDT
Heck we haven't even had the trees start to change color yet.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:30:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HunterGren:

Maybe he works the night shift.

He did work for the city parks dept.He would leave every morning when I did. But the last couple of weeks I don't think he's been doing anything. He stays home all the time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:37:49 PM EDT
A psycho telling me he is going to kick my ass is one of the few things that would make me call the cops.

Some of you may remember the trouble I had with my neighbor this past summer. So you know I wont back down. I would run any gas powered pice of equipment I owned simultainiously just to piss him off more if it were me. Time to up the ante.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:58:14 PM EDT
einnor. You did the right thing. Had you hit him more than likely the cops would have been called anyway and both you and he would have received summons for disorderly conduct, or whatever. And, he might have taken you to court for God knows what, and, he may have wanted you to pay for his "rehab" had you "hurt his neck" while fighting.

Now, it's been documented that he threatened you. You're good!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:01:41 PM EDT
I ALWAYS keep my P32 in my pocket when doing yard work. I had a buddy get blindsided by a couple of punks with a 2X4. Funny thing was he was chopping wood at the time. They ran off when he started swinging the axe at them, unfortunately he was too disoriented to do any damage to them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:04:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
I DO cut the grass with a pistol. I also sleep with a pistol, work with a pistol, and I've even been known to make love with a pistol.

get a lawn mower - it's WAY faster

... sorry, couldn't resist
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:13:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:

get a lawn mower - it's WAY faster

... sorry, couldn't resist

Too funny. Good call. We were actually going to try a goat, but the city shot that one down. Not as fast, but way easier.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:25:59 PM EDT
This is the second time this asshole has done this. The first time he came over was about the same thing,grass cutting. I had cut the grass and some clippings had gotten on his driveway. He said he wanted them off. I said when I get done I would blow off his drive when I did mine. He said he wanted it done now. I told him to get fucked. I would do it on my schedule, not his. He was so drunk he would have fell over if he hadn't been leaning on my privacy fence.He started cussing me and staggered back into his house. I just blew off the first time, but he done it again. He's on record. The next time I'm gonna handle it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:41:22 PM EDT
EINNOR1040
burn his house down when no one is home.the problem is now solved,he will not live there nor will his friends come to visit him and no one gets hurt.

have a nice day!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 2:47:09 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]
Did you miss my post? Just have the police fill out a criminal tresspass paper on him. If he crosses the yard line, he goes to jail. He will at least know you are serious about him acting like a jerk on his own property, & he's less likely to start crap once the police have talked to him about his bad behavior.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:57:00 PM EDT
Just empty a 30rd, mag over his head next time he complains.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:57:54 PM EDT
Possibly you could contact the owners of the house and tell them how their renter is behaving (and mention the police has been called "at least once" ).

They might solve the problem for you by evicting him.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:02:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Possibly you could contact the owners of the house and tell them how their renter is behaving (and mention the police has been called "at least once" ).

They might solve the problem for you by evicting him.

The women that owns the house works where I do. I'm gonna do this Monday.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:04:45 PM EDT

This is the second time this asshole has done this. The first time he came over was about the same thing,grass cutting. I had cut the grass and some clippings had gotten on his driveway. He said he wanted them off. I said when I get done I would blow off his drive when I did mine. He said he wanted it done now. I told him to get fucked. I would do it on my schedule, not his. He was so drunk he would have fell over if he hadn't been leaning on my privacy fence.He started cussing me and staggered back into his house. I just blew off the first time, but he done it again. He's on record. The next time I'm gonna handle it.

Good for you, it's time to send in the wrecking crew!!!

I salute you!!!

Woob, woob, woob, woob.........!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top