Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 10:16:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 10:24:57 AM EST by mohabie]
Let me give you some background. My future mother-in-law (MIL) just sent out a mass email to her friends and family regarding a very lengthy article referencing GW's religious aspirations. I don't have a link to the article, however it was written by Ron Suskind and entitled 'Without a Doubt', October 17, 2004, NY Times

MIL asked for thoughts on the article, and my mom did not hesitate. She is a small business owner of over 20 years, and sent both my brother and myself to private highschool and college. My Dad is an accomplished artist and is getting this for xmas from me:reagan shirt

He idolized that man.

Back to my point. I was so impressed with my mom's comments, that I thought I would post them here:

“MIL”,

I noticed that in your preface to the long article you sent around you didn't say how you felt, but asked for our responses. I would like to hear _your_ personal response. I have given my vote and my answer to you with long and careful thought. I do not normally share these thoughts with anyone, but you asked, so....

How many Viet Nam veterans do you know who hired their own videographer to follow them around, in preparation for planned forays into political life? Or restaged the event in front of a camera? Where are the hundreds of pages of Mr. Kerry's service records, and why haven't they been released? Exactly when did Mr. Kerry get his service awards? Thirty some years ago, or within the past 10 years? Would you vote for a person who dissembles so to be the most powerful person on earth?

How many men do you know who would throw away a long standing legal marriage with almost-grown children to marry a very rich woman who would buy you three mansions and fund your political aspirations. Do you know anyone who would label his own children as having been born out-of-wedlock by getting an annulment of his marriage? What do you think or his religious beliefs? Would you vote for that person to be the most powerful person on earth?

Who do you know who had meetings with an enemy outside of his country's aegis and by so doing put countless numbers of American soldiers in more peril? Who do you know of who put many men who served in the Armed Forces in harms way and created a hatred for men like our friend who spent 6 years in Special Forces and 7 in the Reserve (and would go back tomorrow if he was called) but was spat upon at the airport on his return. Our friend tells us that the only men who left Viet Nam after only 4 months usually came home in a body bag. Would you vote for the man who helped foster the hatred that caused one of our honest-to-God heroes to be so insulted? Would you allow him to become the most powerful man on earth?

I don't want Kerry or other Limousine Liberals spending my money to fund social programs for slackers who whine and demand that they need someone to take care of them when those who are deserving of help are pushed aside. We can't blame George Bush for our lack of productivity. There is real work available for those who want it. To survive in this or any country both education and the ability to speak the common language correctly are necessary for survival and advancement. There is education available to allow those who want to get better jobs or to be able to perform better in those jobs. I don't mean degrees in Women's Studies or Environmental Practice, or African-American Studies, but real programs in much needed jobs for services that the real world utilizes. I am a devoted Capitalist who works hard for everything I have and have been able to give my family. Will you vote for someone who wants to give all I've worked for away so that he can become the most powerful man on earth?

If you feel President Bush made a mistake taking the United States to a war in Iraq I cannot agree. When you look at the statistics of how many people were murdered there, the plight of their women and the poor, one must wonder how we continued to stand down for so long. The entire continent of Africa is about to implode and people are worried about minor environmental concerns in the remote areas of the Untied States. There is no another nation in the world that cares about the plight of suffering, oppressed people everywhere as Americans do. Would you really vote for a man who would ignore those people? An isolationist? Would you allow that man to become the most powerful man on earth?

In America all people are free to worship any way they choose. The contemporary secular movement to neutralize beliefs has been destructive to our national morals. Some people contemplate, or meditate to crystallize their thoughts. Others do virtually the same thing and call it prayer. Who is to say that it all isn't divinely inspired?

There is no country in the world that offers what America does. We are so lucky to have been born here in this time and place that it is almost beyond understanding. Those who complain the loudest are those that should consider the alternatives.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:19:16 AM EST
You mean you saw me over there...

Oh, never mind.

(just kidding)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:23:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:
You mean you saw me over there...

Oh, never mind.

(just kidding)

I am the werst at that. Their there their ............ don't frett. I'll get it wright next time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:25:32 AM EST
Thats cool, but have the tension levels with the future MIL increased yet?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:31:21 AM EST
Your Mom must be a heck of a lady.
hat's off to her
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:57:20 AM EST
nice reply, I particularly liked her response on the religious issue

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:05:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:
Thats cool, but have the tension levels with the future MIL increased yet?

I haven't heard anything yet, other than her response to my mom: "Thank you for sharing". That was it. She has nothing else to say, because she can't argue with mom. That and my mom copied her response to everyone else on MIL's email, which means MIL will have to defend herself to the rest of her lib. friends.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:06:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By TimJ:
Your Mom must be a heck of a lady.
hat's off to her

She is
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:06:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mohabie:

My mom "gets it"

And the award for "poorest choice of thread title" goes to......
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:11:50 AM EST
wow, that was gooooooooooooooood

take that, MIL!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:42:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Originally Posted By Mohabie:

My mom "gets it"

really? why?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:48:17 PM EST

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:03:26 PM EST
Damn, mohabie...You come from good stock!
Top Top