Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 4:48:09 PM EDT
Here's my letter: of course my original had my name & address on it. Check out their erroneous ads for it, and the story tonight, and write your own letter to them. Links at the bottom of this post.

Dear KNBC news staff & writers:

Your graphics and sound bites for the "ONE GUN" story are ridiculous. Even your tag line of :

"...follows one gun on its trail of destruction through the lives of four victims here in Southern California."

is ludicrous. A gun does not posses the ability to leave a trail of destruction. The use of the word "its" and implying "it" has victims is misusing sentiment to blame an inanimate object. Keep to the facts; horrible people committed crimes utilizing a gun. Instead, you decided to tout a photo of a gun, as if it were a mug shot, with sound bites of people placing blame on the gun? Track the people behind this gun, and I am sure you will find each of these people have tangent "trails of destruction" leading to other horrible crimes, without the gun.

The same night you ran blurbs advertising this story, a man BEAT to death a police officer with his fists, without the use of a gun. You should change tonight's story to "ONE MAN" and follow up on this horrible individual's crimes, and his "trails of destruction".

Ted Bundy used a knife, Jeffrey Dahmer used his teeth, and the man mentioned above killed a police officer with his fists. Whether these people had guns or not, it would not have changed the outcome. Richard Ramirez would have still killed; he just would have used a knife instead.

Meanwhile, another story on your website that is actually more interesting than your "ONE GUN" story;  titled "Ohio Woman Accused of Using Bagel to Kill Her Patient".

Maybe you could call it "ONE BAGEL" ?

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2202090/detail.html
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:00:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Every bagel should be serial-numbered, registered, licensed, and then when it has been eaten the proper federal forms must be filled out in triplicate and posted via registered mail to the BATFEB (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, and Bagels).

JBTs: "PUT DOWN THE CREAM CHEESE AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BAGEL!"
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, she must've jimmied the lox... [:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Skunkworks45,

Thanks for keeping an eye on the un.... errr Biased press. I just sen them this little Jewel of an E-mail. Of course I expect to be considered an extremist Wako and that is how they justify their views. Facts are not relevant when it comes to [puke] their disinformation.

Dear Editor,

I recently came across your ONE Gun piece on your web site. Upon reading your story twice, since I could not believe what was being portrayed in this article? This is very disturbing and I found your lack of common sense very troubling. The issue at hand is who was responsible for the use of the GUN. That would be the person pulling the trigger, no different the when OJ Simpson used a knife to carve up his ex-wife and her friend.

This also leads me to believe that you would have auto manufactures responsible for an accidents involved with a car. With that reasoning your theory is as follows. "People shall not be held accountable for their actions when in use of inanimate objects (Automobiles, Baseball bats, knifes, guns and Television Cameras). In the future look past scaring people into believing your political agenda and give them an honest assessment of the facts, people can be surprisingly intelligent and might actually begin to respect the news sources that are not trying to push a political agenda.

Sincerely,

Arch[0:)]angel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top