Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2002 8:50:51 PM EDT
I picked up an S&W Airweight Model 638-3 today. It's a 5 shot 38spl. +P rated. I was looking at the Taurus titanium revolvers but I know their quality has not been too high as of late. The Taurus I was interested in weighs 13.7 oz. and it has an al frame and a ti cylinder and barrel. The Airweight weighs 16 oz. and has a al frame and a steel cylinder and barrel. I think I made the better choice. [:D] This will replace a Ruger SP101 as a carry gun. The Ruger is a boat anchor compared to the Airweight.

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Airweight.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
pardon my ignorance but where's the hammer?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
internal........
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive had a S&W 642 Airweight Centenial for 3 years now.  Its a great gun.  It is VERY hard to shoot well with, but it'll shoot minute-of-face at 5 yards. Its a great back up gun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I almost bought one of these but I couldn't hit a barn at 5 feet, liked the gun just wasn't accurate for me. My friend shot it and did very well. I just traded a Taurus Titanium, wish I hadn't.
View Quote

Woldpack, did you ever manage to get a raging bull?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Hammer.jpg[/img]

Also, for anyone who might be interested. This is replacing a Ruger SP-101 that I gave to my dad. So, I am selling a Crimson Trace Laser Grip for a Ruger SP-101. Follow the link.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=141360[/url]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the exact same one but sold it.  Thing fell apart!

Just kidding.  Decided I needed another auto instead.  Sold it to get the P99.  Try the Hogue grips, they feel better than those on it now.    
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I almost bought one of these but I couldn't hit a barn at 5 feet, liked the gun just wasn't accurate for me. My friend shot it and did very well. I just traded a Taurus Titanium, wish I hadn't.
View Quote

I can't reliably hit anything past about 10 yards with my SP101. However, it is not supposed to be a target pistol, it's for getting a knife or other weapon out of your face. I figure if I have to shoot further than 10 yards, I will try to get away instead. It's one of those "Rule # 1" guns (Rule # 1 = Have a Gun).

BTW, Llamadong - I may have a buyer for the grips (if they don't sell in the next couple of days before I can talk to the person).
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks gus, let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top