Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 5:52:45 PM EST
lost my girlfriend 2 weeks ago lost my job last week now my cat is really sick and i had to leave her at the vet. some asshole poisoned her 3 years ago, dont know which neighbor it is but when the shtf ill be sure to say hello to all of them. shes really sick now lost 25% of her body wieght and can hardly move. shes 7 years old is the nicest cat i ever had, she kills something every day and leaves it next to my bed. I havent been this sad in years i really dont want to lose my best friend. everyone on ar15.com are good people. Please say a prayer for my kitty i love her with all my heart and really dont want to lose her. everything is falling apart for me right now. i could really use some kind words right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:55:30 PM EST
That really sucks. The girl was a faithless bitch, but a good cat is a friend like no other. Hope you find a new job. Really hope the friend pulls though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:01:48 PM EST
Im sorry to hear that =( Dont even THINK of posting an anti-cat remark here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:02:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2003 6:05:43 PM EST by Lightning_P38]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:03:30 PM EST
As a fellow cat lover.. May God bless you and your cat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:04:41 PM EST
Aaawwwww! I was gonna be a smartass, but it looks like you have been standing too close to ComputerGuy. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Every now and then a good cat comes along and it looks like you've got one of the good ones.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:07:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:12:24 PM EST
As a 13 year cat lover and slave to 8 of the furballs (yes, I said 8!) I truly feel for you, Paper. I've lost 4 jobs in the last year, but luckily no cats or the wife. I hope your Vet is one of the good ones - though the symptoms point to Feline Leukemia or FIV. I hope not, though. I'll get the "gang" to send some kitty prayers your way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:25:30 PM EST
There's nothing like a furry little buddy who vibrates when you give them a little attention. We had a bit of a scare with one of ours two years ago Thanksgiving. She stopped eating and was loosing a bunch of weight. The vet said that she had to start eat, so we tried everything....raw liver, milk, anything to get some weight on her. We finally discovered that she really liked friskies turkey and giblets soft food, and has recovered well. Both cats get a soft treat every night now.... We just think it was a plot to get treats everyday. Good luck and remember you and yours are in our prayers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:28:56 PM EST
I have two dogs, but like cats also. I hope your cat does better, maybe get it another cat to keep it company.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:33:30 PM EST
put the cat to sleep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:40:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2003 6:48:58 PM EST by SHIVAN]
Originally Posted By redray: put the cat to sleep.
View Quote
I really hope this is a curt attempt at well wishing...... Stick it out. Like with Big_Bear, don't give up. I'm sorry for your pain now. I love my cats too.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:45:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2003 6:46:20 PM EST by Kaliburz]
I don't think that /\ is what one was looking for... about putting the cat to sleep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:49:07 PM EST
Did your cat recover fully after the assholes poisoned it ? Or did that make it weaker and is why it is having problems now ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:55:01 PM EST
Sorry to hear about the bad luck streak, but things should perk up soon. Maybe you'll get a little pussy! (Just make sure she's of age!) [;)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:59:20 PM EST
Damn man,I was going to have fun with you about the kitty cat thing but it looks like you really do feel badly. No joke I hope things go better for you. It's ok for guys to get down sometimes,we pull a hell of load and it gets to us. Let us know how everything comes out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:12:43 PM EST
thanks guys, i broke open a bottle of 30 year old macallan. only a coward would kick a man while hes down you know who you are. to the people who took the time to post kind words thank you, it means alot to me, ill have word tomarrow when the tests come back. god bless
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:32:32 PM EST
paper, I'll be thinking about you and your kitty. I've been there and done that, but mine didn't pull through. It's tough. I know. Hang in there man. PS. redray, that was just totally uncalled for. -T.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:43:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
Originally Posted By redray: put the cat to sleep.
View Quote
I really hope this is a curt attempt at well wishing...... Stick it out. Like with Big_Bear, don't give up. I'm sorry for your pain now. [blue]I love my cats too[/blue].....
View Quote
Good God Ed! Something else we have in common, and agree on !! Pretty soon we'll be callin' each other "Bro.".. [:D] Told my 2 guys about your cat paper, kitty prayers on the way!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:55:09 PM EST
Prayers sent to the Big Guy for the both of you. I've been in very similar circumstances, paper. I still miss my two boys terribly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:08:31 PM EST
I truly do hope your cat gets better, and that things in general work out better for you, too. One of the hardest things in the world is to have to watch a loved pet suffering, and being able to do nothing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:20:15 PM EST
Our father who art in heaven Take mercy on Paper's cat and Heal it like only you can lord. Restore its health and let it remain With Paper to keep him company and to Show him there is still Love in the world. And Lord, give Moggy a pat for me, ok? AMEN I had a sick cat once too Paper. He died on my Birthday. We had to put him down after an illness. FUCK YOU REDRAY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:25:10 PM EST
azcopwannabee--that is one of the best prayers I've ever read. I love my cat, Cleopatra. She's old but still spry. I do not look forwad to the day when she passes. Until then, I will continue to give her the best life that I can. I hope everything turns out well, paper.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:30:05 PM EST
Thank you BlackManta. Oh, and Redray...... FUCK YOU! Asshole, picking on a guy who is already down about as far as you can get. You must be a very bitter, lonely, coldhearted old man to kick a good man when he is down. Didn't they teach you TEAMWORK in the navy, or did you buy that patch at a gun show?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:32:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By Philadelphia_GunMan: Did your cat recover fully after the assholes poisoned it ? Or did that make it weaker and is why it is having problems now ?
View Quote
she has been weaker the last few years because of that. im hoping its something viral or a bladder infection. she has a fever of 104 and went from 12 lbs to 8 lbs in 2 weeks. they have her on an iv and are giving her antibiotics she is very special. she growls at the door if anyone but friends show up. She always is in my bed when i come home. shes never mad if i put her on the floor if i bring a gal home. she loves guns if i open my safe she always comes running. im halfway thru the macallan bottle, im pretty looped now, thanks again to the people who posted. thanks all
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:42:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By azcopwannabee: Our father who art in heaven Take mercy on Paper's cat and Heal it like only you can lord. Restore its health and let it remain With Paper to keep him company and to Show him there is still Love in the world. And Lord, give Moggy a pat for me, ok? AMEN I had a sick cat once too Paper. He died on my Birthday. We had to put him down after an illness. FUCK YOU REDRAY!!!!!!
View Quote
god bless you
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:43:41 PM EST
Sorry Paper, I really do know how you feel, dispite my reputation. Anyways, I know a way to make you feel better. Tommorrow go out for a walk. I bet you can easily find a stray cat that needs a good home. Also try the paper for free kittens. You dear friend may be old and in waining years, but nothing replace that lost love like a new needy kitten. God Bless Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:49:59 PM EST
And to add: I am not defending Redray, nor do I truly know the perspective of his statement. However, sometimes putting a very sick pet to sleep is the most human way to deal with a situation. No point in extending an animals life if the animal can no longer live a decent life. I have seen old sick cats that can no longer hunt much less walk decently, and yes cats do get depressed! Unfortunitly I have had to put a few animals to sleep via .22LR. It's never fun, but I always knew I did the right thing. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:00:37 PM EST
I've had at least one cat for at least 30 years. I have 2 now. I've had a few put to sleep, put one to sleep myself, and watched one killed by a wild dog. The offending dog died from an [b]intentional[/b] gut shot with a 25-06 Rem 700. An eye for an eye, right? (Flame away, dog lovers. Just not in this thread, please. IM me if it really hurts you that bad.) I hope your furry friend gets better. And I hope everything else straightens out for you, too...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:17:57 PM EST
What is with all the cat illness going around. I dont know if you read my thread but my little guy "Z" is not doing well. The one thing I learned from these guy here at ARFCOM is that you should explore all avenues before the final curtain call. If it takes a 2nd and 3rd opinion... DO IT! I am taking the "Z-Man" to another vet on Saturday. This one came HIGHLY recommended. My best wishes to you and your cat!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:23:40 PM EST
Me. the wife, the other cat and Ma-Ma Kitty say "hang in there"! Prayers are on the way! [img]www.vaq34.com/junk/mamakitty.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:50:21 PM EST
Prayers on the way for you and your feline. I am not a big cat person, but when I do wind up with a cool one, I get really attached. My dogs recently had a health scare too, so I know how you feel. Keep your chin up! My wife took the cat when she left....13 yo long haired grey/white Persian/MaineCoon mix. That cat rocked. Before her, back in 1988 I had a great big tomcat, a black and grey tabby with a big striped raccoon tail. A total sweetheart, would come to you on command, greet you at the door, investigate noises, etc. He didn't slink like a cat, he galloped like a horse. A big talker too. He is buried at the top of a hill, overlooking the river, at one of my hunting spots....now he gets to hunt all he wants!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:00:43 PM EST
The kitty and I say: We are with you!! You have our prayers. [img]http://members.cox.net/ahaywood5785/webcam/kitty4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:18:31 AM EST
I pray that all is well with your kitty....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:37:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2003 7:13:10 AM EST by piccolo]
The Seeing eye cat's human doesn't have to tell you how he feels..... God bless and good luck. ------------------------------------------------ edited to unphuque someone -----------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:46:13 AM EST
paper, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've had cats all of my life and know all to well how badly your hurting. Last year I had to euthanize two of my babies and it broke my heart, but it was for the best. You will find the courage to do the right thing and not let her suffer if it comes to that. All my best. Chris
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:54:42 AM EST
You know, pets are strange things, particularly cats. Felines, even house cats, are generally pretty independent creatures. However, they have an uncanny knack of knowing when their owners are feeling bad, or just when their owners need a little companionship. They can be monumental pains in the ass, but turn around and nudge you and purr and want to play. I don't have any pets right now; we lost our dog at Christmas 4 years ago, and I've never owned a cat. But I have known many really great cats over the years, and heve really never known a "bad" cat. I wish you the best with your cat, and that she returns to your home soon. However, it's clear that you love this animal, so I'm sure that if need be, you won't let her suffer. Oh, and get away from the booze. [b]NOW, DAMN IT![/b]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:01:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By sgtar15: And to add: I am not defending Redray, nor do I truly know the perspective of his statement. However, sometimes putting a very sick pet to sleep is the most human way to deal with a situation. No point in extending an animals life if the animal can no longer live a decent life. I have seen old sick cats that can no longer hunt much less walk decently, and yes cats do get depressed! Unfortunitly I have had to put a few animals to sleep via .22LR. It's never fun, but I always knew I did the right thing. Sgtar15
View Quote
thats my whole point exactly. why put the animal through the suffering? i knew i was going to get a few [b]immature responses[/b] to the quick post i made. was on my way out the door when i saw the thread.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:06:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2003 7:12:59 AM EST by nightstalker]
Cats will surprise you with how tough they are. My little Siamese, Buckeye, has a tumour on her back the size of my fist. We had it diagnosed originally last Christmas and removed but it came back. We decided to have another go at it in March but it came back and even faster. It was called a vaccine-related carcinoma, IOW if the vet gives the shots in the same spot on the back, between the shoulder blades he is not doing it right. Anyway, it is a year later and she is still eating, though definitely less, and is still affectionate and mobile. She will be the 4th to go to cat heaven, and we'll probably get another to be a pal to Huey, our 20#er. Hope things turn around for you, ....and soon. Remember, they've never had a musical on Broadway called "Dogs" , but we do have "Cats".
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:12:38 AM EST
I am not a cat lover my any means, but I know how hard it is to have a sick animal and not be able to help it or know what the right thing to do is...you and your cat are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:14:08 AM EST
Paper - Good luck with the cat. My cat died a few years ago (on Thanksgiving day, no less). She was a stray that I took in, and for almost 22 years, she was the best pet I've ever had. When she took a turn for the worse, I couldn't bring myself to do the deed and put her down. Its something I will NEVER forgive myself for. If it comes down to it (and I pray it doesn't), just be prepared to let her go and don't make the same mistake I did. (..and DzlBenz is right - put the booze down)
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:38:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2003 9:33:57 AM EST by mikeinkc]
I hope your cat pulls through. We have several and they can be highly entertaining. We have had to put down two of my favorites this year and it`s hard. We`ll pray for your pet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:43:19 AM EST
Best of luck to you...hopefully things will get better! My three cats rule the house and I'd have another 20 of them running around if I could.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:40:06 AM EST
Get well wishes and prayers to your cat from me and my five felines. We hope for the best.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:02:03 AM EST
Cats are so cool. Know why? They kill rodents. Also, when they like you, they REALLY like you. I do not have any cats living with me. My brother is allergic to them. If I had any, he cannot visit me. I do have cat friends. 4 of them at my lady friends place. There was 5, but Moses was diagnosed with an enlarged heart last spring. He died 2 months later. We go and visit his grave every now and then. He was my little buddy. Watching her cats interact is a laugh riot. Another reason they are so cool, entertainment. Hope your cat gets well and you like me, find a decent job. A new, but loyal girlfriend would help too. Bilster
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:30:02 AM EST
paper, I am sorry to hear about your cat and hope she recovers. Threefiftyone, you have an IM regarding your deliberate act of animal cruelty.
Top Top