Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 10:36:50 PM EDT
I have to whine for a moment, so please excuse me ladies (and lurking gents). I got all of my hair cut off. It is a nice cut, but it does not look good on me. I feel just awful. I know it is only hair and that there are far more important things going on in the world, but I am just so sad. I am also getting tired of wearing hats.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
did you just decide to cut it short or was there a reason you had to?
how does your husband feel about the hair cut?
i met my wife when she had VERY short hair (out of basic and tech school, so it wasn't even to her shoulder.)

she has really long hair now, but she looks sexy either way.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It is only hair and I think we can all atest to having a bad haircut at one time or another. It will grow back and you never know it may grow on you,or you just find another way to style it and make it look better.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh man, I know exactly how you feel.

I even had to fix my haircut when I got home, thus cutting off more.

I miss my long hair.  But it WILL grow back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry.  A bad hair cut just sucks.  Play around with it and see if you can do something with it that you might like.  Keep chanting "It'll grow back..... It'll grow back...."
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
there is nothing worst than a bad haircut! can you get it restyled? go someplace else and have them fix it? I had to do that back in Dec., got my hair cut (cut off about 9 inches) and it looked horrible!!! So I went someplace else and had them fix it, I had to go much shorter than I had wanted but I was a lot happier after.
Can you get it back in a pony tail? Use lots of gel? straighten it? curl it?

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks everyone for being so understanding. I really had to cut it, because it was so damaged from dying it, and being in the sun more. It can't be pulled back or styled differently. It is layered and the longest layer is 2 inches. The style is really cute. Think Tinkerbell. It is just not all that good on me. I will live and cat I have been chanting. Hope it works. I do feel more positive today. I still don't like it, but I am not as bumed out as I was last night.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm only going to pout for a week.  

Well at least you have limits. I think my husband is going to pout for a year! Actually he has seen me do so many goofy things with my hair that he is becoming immune.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm only going to pout for a week.  

Well at least you have limits. I think my husband is going to pout for a year! Actually he has seen me do so many goofy things with my hair that he is becoming immune.

If I were your husband I would rag you until it was past your shoulders and fun to play in again.  

(If that doesn't make sense, read the link I posted above, paying particular attention to my wife's post.)  

Saw your wife's post and my hub can't rag me too bad he shave his head and I am sad to say he is bald again. He's always a hottie but I like his hair.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#14]
This is what I do not get. Hubbies do NOT want their wifes to cut their hair. (Beekeeper)  But yet it is ok for them to cut thiers, shave, or what ever they deem fit for them.  (I personally love it when hubby keeps his hair long, but nope, it short as short)
How about understanding that sometimes, no matter how long, the hair needs cut?!?!
I love my hubby dearly, but I would get the same reaction as Beekeepers if I was to cut my hair. Actually I do, once a mth when I trim about an inch off the bottom. 1 INCH!! this does not take it above my shoulders, he still has the hair to play with, and I am minus dead hair so it looks healthy. GRRRR Understand men, it needs to be done now and then.

wifeofgunnut... sorry it didn't turn out right, I'm saying the it will grow chant for you here. I hate a bad cut too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Get extensions.    I've never done it, but I hear you can.  Or change the color.  That might help you like it more.  ohmmmmmm "it will grow back"  ohmmmmm

Hang in there lady!

And this thread is worthless without pics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't fell to bad.  Mine started falling out at 17.  I'm 31 now, and have no idea how much is left because I've been shaving the last few years, but I'm sure it's not much!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Hair, does not make the man, a Man does.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys, a lot of women (myself included) find bald or balding men sexxy.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
hey at least your will grow back. I'm bald for life

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hey at least your will grow back. I'm bald for life

+1

+2

On another note, when I was younger and dumber my wife came in with a new haircut and asked me what I thought. I picked up a paper sack off the taple and dropped it on her head.

Trust me, I will NEVER do that again.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about your hair.    I hope it grows back fast.

Years ago, I had long hair.  I got a bad cut and in order to fix the damage, it had to be cut less than 2 inches all over.  I had nightmares for months and it took 15 years to grow completely back.  I even tried a wig.    Everyone gave me tips like trimming it, but since it grows slowly, trimming only caused me to loose the length I had gained from the last 'trim'.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Is it just hats you don't like? You could wear a bandana on your head, or something like it.... Or put up with a hat until it's long enough do do what you want with it.

Or...... You could dye it. Some outrageous color - that way it takes the attention off your hair.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks everyone for the words of support. My hair is going to grow, and I have learned to ignore it. I was looking at pics of myself from a few days ago, and realized I look like a phy. ed. teacher, but I will survive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top