Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2013 6:43:02 PM EDT
I didn't want to hijack anyones thread.

I never paid attention to politics before this day. I was a lost soul in that day, I knew I had conservative leanings and I always voted as such, but this moment I will never forget, I knew he was with us and he lead us those dark days. I've never missed a vote since, I write letters to my Congressmen and Senators, and I will never forget those words "I hear you, and the people who knocked down these buildings will hear all of us!"

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen that one before. Thank You.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Sends chills through me still.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That was a good one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  It was a uncertain time that's for sure.  I was a sophomore in HS when that happened, I could only begin to wonder what may happen in the time ahead.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Could you imagine the speech that owe-bunghole would have given if he was President when this happened?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes it does.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Could you imagine the speech that owe-bunghole would have given if he was President when this happened?
View Quote

Impossible.  How would you get a teleprompter down there???
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't agree with a lot of things Bush did....but he loved this country for what it was, not what he wanted it to be, and he responded to this event as such.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
There's also this post-9/11 moment for President Bush.  Steeeeerike!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Didn't agree with a lot of things Bush did....but he loved this country for what it was, not what he wanted it to be, and he responded to this event as such.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honor -- Bush had lots.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/UXuxCqPKflo
View Quote

watch Jeter's commentary on that pitch. it is priceless
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish we had a president who loved this country once again.  Bush wasn't perfect, but at least he could throw a fucking baseball!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/UXuxCqPKflo

Post it up bro.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Same here.  It was a uncertain time that's for sure.  I was a sophomore in HS when that happened, I could only begin to wonder what may happen in the time ahead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was too. Sitting in Sophmore English.

I skipped most my classes that day to sit in front of the CNN feed in the cafeteria. I already knew I was going to war after that second plane hit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]
What a prissy bitch.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Hearing that live (on TV) was probably the most profound feeling I ever had. My sense of pride was over the top.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Or <shudder> Al Gore?

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't remember much following the attacks. It's all kind of a blur for me.

I was stationed in Germany when it happened. Thanks to the 6 hour time difference, it was in the afternoon for me. We had just started Phase Maintenance in one of our aircraft. I was outside smoking when it came over the radio, so I didn't hear the initial reports. Someone came out to tell me, and I thought they were fucking with me. It wasn't until I walked back inside and hearing about it on AFN that I realized it was actually happening. The Company Commander called an emergency formation to break the news, and to tell us that we were at Threatcon Delta. All flight operations stopped and started running armed guards all over the Kaserne. Since I was the Company Armorer, I'd been tasked to issuing and recovering weapons and ammo around the clock, so I don't remember all that much during that time.

But if there was one thing I do remember, it was the wave of flowers, cards and signs that covered the fence by the front gate. The locals were quick to offer their condolences.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was stationed in Germany when it happened. Thanks to the 6 hour time difference, it was in the afternoon for me. We had just started Phase Maintenance in one of our aircraft. I was outside smoking when it came over the radio, so I didn't hear the initial reports. Someone came out to tell me, and I thought they were fucking with me. It wasn't until I walked back inside and hearing about it on AFN that I realized it was actually happening. The Company Commander called an emergency formation to break the news, and to tell us that we were at Threatcon Delta. All flight operations stopped and started running armed guards all over the Kaserne. Since I was the Company Armorer, I'd been tasked to issuing and recovering weapons and ammo around the clock, so I don't remember all that much during that time.

But if there was one thing I do remember, it was the wave of flowers, cards and signs that covered the fence by the front gate. The locals were quick to offer their condolences.

View Quote

Thank you for sharing that story with us.

And thank you for your service. All of you guys in here that we're in, thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What a prissy bitch.

http://youtu.be/AP4keCkYHYU
View Quote

Obama is a true pussy!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#22]
No fucking TelePrompter needed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I made some of those "People" hear me. I'm proud of my country and I'm glad I did it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#24]
From our closest and best ally....

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for that.

Time and global politics, have allowed me to somewhat forget, just how great some of nations allies were in the days following the attacks.
There was some real and heartfelt outpouring of support, and shared rage in those days.

At the Valencia MotoGP race, the first race following the attacks, a Spaniard, Sete Gibernau, won.
I watched as his crew chief handed him the stars and stripes for the victory lap, instead of Spains Tri-colore, and the whole damn place went nuts, as the rest of the field fell in behind him.

The good folks in the world, understood, shared in the pain, and WANTED us to drop the hammer back then.
Shit changes, I guess.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#26]
What a leader looks like, that’s what that right there is.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I made some of those "People" hear me. I'm proud of my country and I'm glad I did it.
View Quote

Thank you for your service and making those fuckers hear!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Iconic speech
all impromptu
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#30]
All sporting events soon after 9/11 were crazy. First thing I went to was monster trucks like a week after than a baseball game.

The crowd after the national anthem was insane. Monster trucks crowd  in Phoenix AZ one week after was the loudest thing I've ever herd.

Shit, I'm still gettin a little dusty thinking about it. Went on for like 10 minutes.. Was truly awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top