Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 6:07:47 PM EDT
Ok so my neighbor's wife left him last summer and I broke up with my gf of 6 years and she moved out last Oct.  He has tried to hook me up with a cpl girls but NONE of any caliber, at best a 3 - 4.  I'm a trauma RN and work and am friends with a lot of girls (but most aren't single).  There is one girl in particular that I like. she is an 8-9.  Very funny, very cool, very hot... (and no, I'm not posting pics of her).  Although we are just friends at the moment I have told him that I really like her and am working on it.  

He CONSTANTLY is trying to get me to hook him up with her... he harasses me every time I talk to him.  Last I talked to him he wanted her name, I assume so he can look her up on facebook.  I told him I don't want to hook him up with her, that I am trying to talk to her, but he keeps pushing me to either get it going or give it up.

So to me, its always been guy code that if my friend tells me he likes a chick, then I'm not interested in her AT ALL.  Until he tells me, hey man she isn't interested you can talk to her then I won't.

Am I being selfish, so my neighbor says, or am I right?  What sayeth the hive?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy rule, shit or get off the pot.  You can't call dibs forever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ask the Girl out already, what are you waiting for?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit, Whey8, I didn't know you were a nurse!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just ask the Girl out already, what are you waiting for?

This...she is not going to ask you out..and if she is willing, now is the time. There is never a better time. Call her now and ask her to Starbucks...now is the time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]

I can't see John Wayne having this conversation.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, but he'd kiss her in that awful man-handling manner of his.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My point isn't whether or not or when I ask her out... we have gone out and hung out, we just haven't hooked up.  Shouldn't the fact that I said hey chill, I'm trying to talk to her be enough?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
sounds like he needs a throat punch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Guy code?? Since when does Guy code include you introducing your buddy to some chick you're interested in? If your friend wants to meet this chick that's his problem. Now what should you do? Go after her NOW! If you like a chick, you have to go for it. If you sit on your ass and start acting like her friend you're going to wind up as her friend.... and nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My point isn't whether or not or when I ask her out... we have gone out and hung out, we just haven't hooked up.  Shouldn't the fact that I said hey chill, I'm trying to talk to her be enough?

"Chill on hot girls bro, they're mine, maybe."
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Ignore your shag nasty horny buddy friend of a neighbor.
2. Gut punch and throat chop him if he asks about your lovely imagination girl again.
3. Ask her out, nimrod, time is a tickin and you can't stop other men from cutting in line.
4. It's an unwritten rule, you gotta post pix of her now - sorry bro, I didn't make the rules, I just follow them.
5. Why am I writing this in numbered fashion?

Edited to ask:
Disregard above advice.  Are you familiar with the Ladder Theory?  Ladder jumping is never a good idea and can result in you falling into the abyss.  It is a no-no.  If you are a "friend", you will remain a "friend" and no amount of cooing, swooning, gifting or complimenting will change that fact.  The one and only way to ladder jump is if you are on the top rung of the friends ladder and only then are there special considerations before you are transferred to the "good" ladder.

Happy reading.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Serious question... are you gay?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It was the RN admission wasn't it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... we have gone out and hung out, we just haven't hooked up.

Well, get off your ass before she starts thinking you're gay.

And yeah, your neighbor is being an ass. He ain't your friend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Dude.  Nut the hell up and make your move.  Then tell your 'friend' to drop it or you'll punch him in the throat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#18]
A) Don't date co-workers.
B) yeah, can't call dibs forever.  get it done or let him go for it.
C) Seems like whenever I mentioned I liked a gal, a few of my friends suddenly became interested in said girl, and generally cock-blocked me and wound up banging her first.  (I'm not friends with those guys anymore, btw.)
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]

It seems that you have the best answers already in front of you....you know what must be done.  

With that being said, if one of my "friends" was trying to get with a lady I wouldn't interfere.

Do you see what I did there?  

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
WTF?

Just ask her out before home room bell rings.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Just give the neighbor the name of one of the married co-workers.  Pick a co-worker with a big ass jealous husband..

...problem solved, he'll never bother you for a chick again
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Odiedodie,

This new screen name totally rocks.  

Way to stick with your old agenda.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holy shit, Whey8, I didn't know you were a nurse!

lmao
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]
if your friend was a true buddy, he would have helped you with your grammar skills Whey8

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but he'd kiss her in that awful man-handling manner of his.    

100% pure unadulterated manliness.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This

/thread
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're trying to talk to here. What is that supposed to mean? Is your hanging out been a date? Either ask her out and see where it goes or give up.....sounds like you're pulling a whey8 here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Edited to ask:
Disregard above advice.  Are you familiar with the Ladder Theory?  Ladder jumping is never a good idea and can result in you falling into the abyss.  It is a no-no.  If you are a "friend", you will remain a "friend" and no amount of cooing, swooning, gifting or complimenting will change that fact.  The one and only way to ladder jump is if you are on the top rung of the friends ladder and only then are there special considerations before you are transferred to the "good" ladder.

Happy reading.

Interesting theory... I like it!

Quoted:

Fuck you!

AND... I am such a manly man I freely admit I am an RN  besides, most of you punks couldn't stomach the stuff I do everyday.  Ever laid someones guts on their chest?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited to ask:

Happy reading.

Interesting theory... I like it!

Quoted:

Fuck you!

AND... I am such a manly man I freely admit I am an RN  besides, most of you punks couldn't stomach the stuff I do everyday.  Ever laid someones guts on their chest?

What do you mean, Gus got laid on your chest?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're trying to talk to here. What is that supposed to mean? Is your hanging out been a date? Either ask her out and see where it goes or give up.....sounds like you're pulling a whey8 here.

Probability is high he's already in The Friend Zone.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree with the OP. He is trying to build a little bit of report with the girl before he just willy nilly asks her out. Friend need to back the fuck off until he is done with her. If a "friend" of mine was trying to get with a girl i liked and was trying to get envolved with I would chock slam his ass.

Ps. Tell the friend to find his own fucking hunting grounds
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

1. Ignore your shag nasty horny buddy friend of a neighbor.

2. Gut punch and throat chop him if he asks about your lovely imagination girl again.

3. Ask her out, nimrod, time is a tickin and you can't stop other men from cutting in line.

4. It's an unwritten rule, you gotta post pix of her now - sorry bro, I didn't make the rules, I just follow them.

5. Why am I writing this in numbered fashion?

Edited to ask:

Happy reading.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Tell him to fuck off.

Emory
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok so my neighbor's wife left him last summer and I broke up with my gf of 6 years and she moved out last Oct.  He has tried to hook me up with a cpl girls but NONE of any caliber, at best a 3 - 4.  I'm a trauma RN and work and am friends with a lot of girls (but most aren't single).  There is one girl in particular that I like. she is an 8-9.  Very funny, very cool, very hot (and no, I'm not posting pics of her). Although we are just friends at the moment I have told him that I really like her and am working on it.  

He CONSTANTLY is trying to get me to hook him up with her... he harasses me every time I talk to him.  Last I talked to him he wanted her name, I assume so he can look her up on facebook.  I told him I don't want to hook him up with her, that I am trying to talk to her, but he keeps pushing me to either get it going or give it up.

So to me, its always been guy code that if my friend tells me he likes a chick, then I'm not interested in her AT ALL.  Until he tells me, hey man she isn't interested you can talk to her then I won't.

Am I being selfish, so my neighbor says, or am I right?  What sayeth the hive?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Come on 'FOCKER' ask her out already.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Come on 'FOCKER' ask her out already.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]
ask her out and casually mention that your neighbor has a raging case of herpes
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No; if you aren't going for it you shouldn't think the rest of the world will think she's your little goldfish in a bowl, hoping you eventually do something.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#39]
First observation; Your  Hottie work friend thinks you are gay. That's why she hangs with you.
Second obs;  YOUR Neighbor is gay,  thats why his wife bailed, and why he is so interested in You  and your  so-called dating attempts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm pretty sure you're not getting any...from her or anybody else.

Maybe you and your neighbor should hook up.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#41]
OP, what does the neighbors Ex Wife look like?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top