Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:02:03 AM EDT
There are two guys I have been friends with for 20 years. We all use to work together at one time and have stayed in touch over the years. Well my one buddy (redneck) is getting a divorce and has always felt his kids were not his, so he has a DNA test done on the kids. Turns out they are not his kids. His wife fessed up that she and our other friend (preppy), have been having an off and on again affair for the past 15 years.

Preppy has dropped off the face of the earth. He won't answer his phone or return messages to call. Redneck is not pissed but is actually grateful the kids are not his. And he still wants to remain friends with Preppy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:06:52 AM EDT
Wow. Id be pretty upset.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:07:51 AM EDT
No offense Bama-Shooter, but you have an odd bunch of friends.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:07:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tanam:
Wow. Id be pretty upset.

+1000
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:08:19 AM EDT by Mr_Psmith]
Wants to remain friends?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:08:18 AM EDT
Sounds shitty for the kids.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:08:51 AM EDT
Let me guess, she's a skank?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:10:02 AM EDT
are these your swinger friends that had the foursome?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:10:30 AM EDT
He better check the laws of the state....

In commifornia even if you are not the father but have been their father figure and supporting them for some amount of time courts have held that that person MUST STILL PAY child support....

He needs to Lawyer up and fast.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:10:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

I agree but I also know a lot of people.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Redneck is not pissed but is actually grateful the kids are not his. And he still wants to remain friends with Preppy.

How the Hell can Redneck want to remain friends.

preppy = = Redneck

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
are these your swinger friends that had the foursome?

No. BTW the swingers have not called back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:50 AM EDT
Okay..... so let's see what we've got here....

1) Woman is a skank.

2) Preppy guy is an asshole scumbag puke POS.

3) Redneck is capable of cutting off his emotions to kids he (at least for a while) thought were his.

4) Kids now know all of the above, and have no father.

Pathetic.

How old are the poor kids?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:07 AM EDT

There are two guys I have been friends with for 20 years. We all use to work together at one time and have stayed in touch over the years. Well my one buddy (redneck) is getting a divorce and has always felt his kids were not his, so he has a DNA test done on the kids. Turns out they are not his kids. His wife fessed up that she and our other friend (preppy), have been having an off and on again affair for the past 15 years.

Preppy has dropped off the face of the earth. He won't answer his phone or return messages to call. Redneck is not pissed but is actually grateful the kids are not his. And he still wants to remain friends with Preppy.

No offense, but Darwin is making sure this trait is not passed on to the next generation.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:12:51 AM EDT by Fat_McNasty]
This isn't the wife swapping friends again is it? If its not you sure got some messed up friends..

Ok answered above..
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
Time to feed the hogs.

making a mistake is one thing. Making a mistake and continue to make someone live a lie for 20 years? take em out back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Yossarian:
He better check the laws of the state....

In commifornia even if you are not the father but have been their father figure and supporting them for some amount of time courts have held that that person MUST STILL PAY child support....

He needs to Lawyer up and fast.

That's what I told him. But for some reason he thinks he is going to get out of paying CS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:36 AM EDT
Being from Ga. a story like this from Alabama doesn't really surprise me much.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:57 AM EDT
If that were me He'd be one dead Prep!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:13:05 AM EDT
If "surveys" and "studies" are to be believed, shit like that is a LOT more common than most men think.

Believe it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:13:34 AM EDT
he raised someone elses kids and didn't know it

wow just wow
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:15:14 AM EDT
Craziness.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:16:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

I agree but I also know a lot of people.

You probably could make some extra money by being a 'headhunter' for the jerry springer show.

"Hey jerry, Bama here. Listen, I have a good lead for you. The latest is a guy who raised some kids for 15 years with his wife - and he just found out the kids aren't his. Interested? Ok, great, just send me the usual $500 finders fee check and I'll hook you guys up."

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:18:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:21:27 AM EDT by warlord]
That is sad, the children have been calling this guy "dad" and grew up with him for such a long time, and now they have to learn that he's not really their dad, and the guy that is their real dad, they don't even know.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:20:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

1) Woman is a skank.

3) Redneck is capable of cutting off his emotions to kids he (at least for a while) thought were his.

Pathetic.

The oldest is now about 17 and the younger one is about 10.

I did get on rednecks ass because he has basically cut off all contact with the kids. He has been their father figure for all these years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:20:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:

wow just wow

Exactly. I read a study in some Psychology journal (if I can somehow remember when and where I'll try to post a link if there is one) about why women do this and how, if what the researchers found is any indication, it is a lot more common than people think.

Ever think Junior there somehow doesn't seem...hmmm..."right"? Can't quite put your finger on it but some intangible something just seems out of kilter? Nyahhh. Must just be your imagination, right?

Maybe.

Maybe not.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:21:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
That is sad, the children have been calling this guy "dad" and grew up with him for such a long time, and now they have to learn that he's not really their dad, and the real dad that is their real dad, they don't even know.

+1.

"False" dad is glad they're not his and "Real" dad doesn't even know them or want to know them. Shitty situation for the kids. Oh, and their mom is a slut.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:21:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Echo_Hotel:
If "surveys" and "studies" are to be believed, shit like that is a LOT more common than most men think.

Believe it.

I saw some studies recently that stated 25-30% of kids born within a marriage do not belong to the husband.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:22:44 AM EDT
Sounds like a bunch of nice-uns.

Any man that can raises kids his or not for 15 years and then cut them off like he was changing his jacket ain’t worth spit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:22:53 AM EDT
Wow.....this sounds like Nip/Tuck....Southern Style!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:23:47 AM EDT
that's pretty sad and disgusting.

i'm sorry for the kids. they sure don't deserve any of this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:24:03 AM EDT
Saw an interesting progam a few years back on the Discovery or The Learning Channel about human sexuality studies. In Great Britian, apparently the results of a survey of middle class married couples that had kids , indicated (if i remember correctly) that with a 1/4 or 1/6th of the couples, the kids were not fathered by the husband.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:24:42 AM EDT

<snip> for some reason he thinks he is going to get out of paying CS.

Not in Ohio he wouldn't. ANY child born during the marrage is the husband's.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:39:49 AM EDT by thelastgunslinger]

Originally Posted By Echo_Hotel:

Believe it.

I saw some studies recently that stated 25-30% of kids born within a marriage do not belong to the husband.

Its not that high, at least according to Dr. Robin Baker, Ph.D, who has probably done more research on the subject than everone else put together. Dr. Baker puts the figure at 10% for industrialized countries, which is still distrubingly high.

The moral of the story is to get a paterninty test at birth and don't start supporting the kids until you are 100% certain that they are yours. Because as has been noted above, if you start supporting the kids, some states won't let you stop for any reason.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:41 AM EDT
Sounds like an interesting law suit.....

File suit against the "friend" that had an ongoing affair with your wife and fathered children. Go after thousands and thousands that you have spent raising HIS children.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By criley:
Sounds like an interesting law suit.....

File suit against the "friend" that had an ongoing affair with your wife and fathered children. Go after thousands and thousands that you have spent raising HIS children.

He's just hoping to get the CS put on preppy. Redneck and his lawyer are trying to find some way of compelling preppy to get a DNA test done.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:43 AM EDT
There are no words to describe how I would feel.

Well, one maybe... PWN3D!!!

Seriously... that sucks. I'd have a hard time reminaing friends with that preppy after getting that news.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gks452:

Reason #8,986 not to get married. Especially in Ohio.

I can only imagine having to pay for some other guy's whelps until they're 18. Motherfucker'd be laughing his ass off from dusk 'till dawn at my expense. Probably prank call me at 3:00 in the morning: "How's ma boy doin' there, Hotel? You makin' enough money to take good care of'im? I sure wouldn't want my seed to go hungry because of your sorry ass!"

Yeah. Ain't happening.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:37:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mr_Psmith:
Wants to remain friends?

tactical move to lure him out from hiding.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:38:41 AM EDT

Preppy has dropped off the face of the earth. He won't answer his phone or return messages to call.
Preppy is already dead

Redneck still wants to remain friends with Preppy.
That is Redneck's story until the body completely de-composes.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:41:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sum-rifle:

Preppy has dropped off the face of the earth. He won't answer his phone or return messages to call.
Preppy is already dead

Redneck still wants to remain friends with Preppy.
That is Redneck's story until the body completely de-composes.

Reneck knows the backwoods very well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:43:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 8:51:02 AM EDT by NimmerMehr]

1 / 20 children in the western world have a different father then .. err.. their father.

Edit: 5% to 30% depending on whom and when the studie was done. (They been doing this type of research since the 1940s)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:43:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gks452:

Many states have laws that say children born within a marriage are "presumed" to be of the marriage until it is proven not to be the case.
Are you saying Ohio has no provision in the law if a man is proven not to be the father? I do not know Ohio law but I do not believe that would be true or enforceable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:44:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

1) Woman is a skank.

Pathetic.

The oldest is now about 17 and the younger one is about 10.

I did get on rednecks ass because he has basically cut off all contact with the kids. He has been their father figure for all these years.

DNA don't always make you a father. Lack of it doesn't make you less of one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:46:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:

wow just wow

Happens more than people know. Some studies shown anywhere from 10% to 15% of people came from someone other than their claimed father. Medical science has shown that during an affair the human body respond in such a way that pregnancy is much more likely. Things such as the female is more likely to orgasm, the male produces more sperm...ect. Just keep that in mind if you ever plan on cheating.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:46:25 AM EDT
Your friends give Alabama a bad reputation even though it probably happens everywhere. From my understanding of the law in Alabama, the husband is the legal father and as such it will be very difficult to get out of child support.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:48:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
Sounds like a bunch of nice-uns.

Any man that can raises kids his or not for 15 years and then cut them off like he was changing his jacket ain’t worth spit.

I agree, I would be pissed about the wife actions, I wouldnt disown the kids and not continue to provide for them
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:52:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:
So this man has been raising kids for 17 years and then cuts off all contact with them b/c he finds out they're not biologically his?! And he "is not pissed but is actually grateful the kids are not his"...

I don't condone what the wife did, but he's been these kids' father their whole lives. For him to basically say he doesn't give a shit about them and never did is pretty crappy. I feel sorry for those kids.

It's the wife's fault, not the dad's. Too bad the kids will pay for her sins.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:53:56 AM EDT
I hear banjos....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Top Top