Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 10:21:05 PM EDT
I'm scheduled to be in the 2 north sectors of the county. Tonight on my first solo shift I got sent to the southside. The area I've never worked. This area is usually very quite so I fiqured I'd be able to catch up on the tons of  follow-ups I have pending from my FTO but I was wrong. The first hour I just kind of cruised around and enjoyed the warm weather. I drove a guy I work with to pick his patrol car up from the shop and headed back to PD to use the phone for a call for service. Then the radio came alive...

1. Was an assist citizen- a women who ran out of gas and walked to a payphone-got her on her way.

2. Was a Domestic at a trailer park 2 neighbors starting crap with each other-took care of that.

3. Was another domestic at the same trailer park-ending up not a problem at all-kids were              
    screaming because mommy was going to the bar.

4. Was a 911 hang-up with tons of prior assault with a weapon. Was told I had to wait for backup on    
   this one-backup arrived, all was ok.

5. Was a suspicious person at a school, sneaking around the cars in the parking lot- didn't see
    anyone.

6. Went to get some chow, sat down with my food-another domestic.

7. Was a domestic at the same trailer park-husband and wife drinking and yelling-took care of that.

8. Welfare check, guy hasn't seen his girlfriend since Tuesday said she's being held against her
    will-verified that's not the case.

Thats my first shift in a nutshell. I felt pretty confident the whole night and the GPS I bought last week saved my ass. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
kickarse buddy!  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
dont know what ya'll have up there, but down here we have "KEYMAP."  You better buy one even though you have a GPS.  Without a doubt when you need it most the batteries will die.  Its murphy's law and you can not aviod it!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm scheduled to be in the 2 north sectors of the county. Tonight on my first solo shift I got sent to the southside. The area I've never worked. This area is usually very quite so I fiqured I'd be able to catch up on the tons of  follow-ups I have pending from my FTO but I was wrong. The first hour I just kind of cruised around and enjoyed the warm weather. I drove a guy I work with to pick his patrol car up from the shop and headed back to PD to use the phone for a call for service. Then the radio came alive...

1. Was an assist citizen- a women who ran out of gas and walked to a payphone-got her on her way.

2. Was a Domestic at a trailer park 2 neighbors starting crap with each other-took care of that.

3. Was another domestic at the same trailer park-ending up not a problem at all-kids were              

4. Was a 911 hang-up with tons of prior assault with a weapon. Was told I had to wait for backup on    

5. Was a suspicious person at a school, sneaking around the cars in the parking lot- didn't see
    anyone.

7. Was a domestic at the same trailer park-husband and wife drinking and yelling-took care of that.

8. Welfare check, guy hasn't seen his girlfriend since Tuesday said she's being held against her

Thats my first shift in a nutshell. I felt pretty confident the whole night and the GPS I bought last week saved my ass. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Better get use to that one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Out of 600 minutes (10 hrs) had 560 minutes on call.   Had 40 minutes for 10-100/10-200 and paper work

And you actually thought you could sneak some chow in on the shift.  

Were the kids yelling at mom because she didn't want to take them to the bar with her. (You might be a RedNeck)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#6]
leadnbrass  

I've become a world record eater.  When I'm off work, I find myself doing the same thing.  Can't get out of the habit.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember all those chuckleheads, you will probably get on a first name basis with them.

They trade places, victim,witness,suspect, back and forth.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
sounds like a typical shift.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I figure something is very wrong if I'm out on shift and don't end up going to a trailer park at least once.

There was a night about a year ago where I think I managed to end up going to every trailer park in the county. Or at least it seemed like it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Remember all those chuckleheads, you will probably get on a first name basis with them.

They trade places, victim,witness,suspect, back and forth.

That would be classified as a RaynoEleven TRUE-ISM.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
leadnbrass  

I've become a world record eater.  When I'm off work, I find myself doing the same thing.  Can't get out of the habit.

Just the opposite for me. After 16yrs of slamming down my food while enroute to calls, I take my sweet time when I'm eating at home. Drives the g/f nuts when I take my time at restaurants.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Ban trailer parks!  Do it for the children!   Plus they are a magnet for tornados.  Ever notice that?
<Sarcastic mode off>
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
leadnbrass  

Just the opposite for me. After 16yrs of slamming down my food while enroute to calls, I take my sweet time when I'm eating at home. Drives the g/f nuts when I take my time at restaurants.....

I wish I could do that.  Maybe after I retire, I can slow down.  

leadnbrass, How was your second solo shift on April Fools Day?  

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Out of 600 minutes (10 hrs) had 560 minutes on call.   Had 40 minutes for 10-100/10-200 and paper work

Were the kids yelling at mom because she didn't want to take them to the bar with her. (You might be a RedNeck)

i thought that 10-100 WAS doing paperwork
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol when you wrote about sitting down for chow and a domestic i thought you meant a domestic beer
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Man, I don't know what was up on Friday night, but we were getting run ragged on the 3 to 3 shift.  We got toned out 4 times in about a two hour time period for a robbery, burglary of an occupied dwelling, and two large fights in progress.  Then there were all the domestics and BS report calls....  

Quoted:

anyone.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i thought that 10-100 WAS doing paperwork

10-100 is lifting the seat.  10-200 is paperwork for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top