Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 1:09:11 AM EDT
I am off the radio right now so I am taking calls.   We switch every two hours.  Anyway about five minutes ago this guy calls up.

reportee:  how can i report a UFO in the sky right now!?!?!?!?

Me:

reportee: No I am very serious sir!  

Me:ok well, here is the number to NASA.  

It was short and sweet, but its my first UFO call.  Not my first crazy, but none the less I thought I'd share.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You never know......

Aint you gonna be embarrassed when they land at your office and begin probing!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am off the radio right now so I am taking calls.   We switch every two hours.  Anyway about five minutes ago this guy calls up.

Me: here

Thats great I don't think there was any better way to handle that call. I'll have to keep that in mind when I get one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
We respond to UFO calls too damn it.  Don't pester those poor citizens just trying to give us a heads up.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
there out there, man.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have asked if he'd been stockpiling KY in his "Go Bag".   Ya never know when you will get the visit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
so did you ask them for a license plate number on that UFO?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, you should hear some of the calls you get on an Air Force Base.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well isn't that in the USAF jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
"Sir, were you analy probed? We have forms for that."
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Its DD Frm 6666.

Wait...

No...

Thats the demonic possession form....damnit. Why can't I keep my paranormal paperwork lined up in my head....

*sigh*
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
UTL GOA
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I think i'll keep some of those questions in mind for the next one.  It was busy so unfortunatuly i didnt get to play with his mind!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#13]
At least he didn't say he just shot at a UFO & needs to report it
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:04:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember my first UFO call.  Citizen reporting a large silver disc moving West to East across the city.  I was stlil a probationary dispatcher and the Comm Supervisor was out of the room.  So what do I do?  I put it out on the air as a BOLO....and whatta ya know, sectors cars even acknowledged, marked enroute and one even called "in pursuit" at speeds approaching 5 mph.....Lasted about 2 minutes and then the officer advised that it has entered a neighboring county and they were breaking off.  He called in later to say it was just an oddly shaped silver balloon and was just having a little fun with us.  

The second UFO call was last summer.   Now that I'm the supervisor I told the dispatcher to keep the guy on the phone while I walked outside and looked for it.  According to the RP's desc it was supposed to be right above dispatch.  I was sad that it wasn't there.  I think it would be great if the crazies were actually right about something.  Kinda like those "Someone is putting listening devices in my house and I think its the government because I used to work for the CIA" type calls.  I like those.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well isn't that in the USAF jurisdiction?

Not anymore - project Bluebook dropped several years ago.  There used to be a number where one of the SAC bases would take reports, but they stopped it.  There is no longer an actual government agency that will take UFO reports.  You'd have to find a number for some of the California/Utah/Nevada wackos.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
UTL GOA

+1

10-98, 10-8, no report, dispatch writes  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Me:

reportee: No I am very serious sir!  

Me:ok well, here is the number to NASA.  

It was short and sweet, but its my first UFO call.  Not my first crazy, but none the less I thought I'd share.  

You tryin' to get us all (i.e. the whole planet) killed, Citabria?

In the world we live in now, shouldn't this have gone through HomeSec first?  If it needs to go to NASA, they'll route it there.  

We ain't alone, man.  Haven't you been watchin' Threshold?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top