Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/24/2002 10:34:54 AM EST
Monkey a good ferret that'll be remembered as fun, but quiet. she enjoyed raisens, squeeky toys, my girlfriend's make up bag, my trombone case, & punk rock. unwanted, she was adopted at a ferret shelter 6 years ago. she quickly became a regular part of the residence (the tac shack), and could be seen shitting on my carpet, and playing with her two ferret buddies, satan & fucker-fucker. monkey is no stranger to death & hardship, she survived an operation, and a year later was found sufficated. CPR was administered and she came back to us. (no shittin ya!. ) she is survived by satan, fucker-fucker, & 'ol pops. be sure to raise a glass to the one they call "the monkey". P.S. she was a member of the NRA. thank you!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:37:12 AM EST
My condolences on your pet ferret ... Whew ... I thought someone blew up a Ferret .50 upper .. yikes. Ryan
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:39:32 AM EST
My condolences on the loss of your ferret. It's really hard to send my condolences when the post is so funny!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:04:51 AM EST
Sorry to hear that. By Calif. law, people in Calif. can not have ferrets for pets.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:09:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:10:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:19:01 AM EST
thecleaner: we have 4 ferretoos. We've never lost any yet but I can only imagine. I will be crushed when Big Max or little Miss Matilda crosses over the rainbow bridge. Especially Matilda Marie. She's daddy's little sweetie. Sorry about your loss.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:22:14 AM EST
I suspect it was the punk rock that killed it. It would kill me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:25:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By warlord: Sorry to hear that. By Calif. law, people in Calif. can not have ferrets for pets.
View Quote
Is this true or a joke?...
View Quote
No joke. They are considered "Environmentally Invasive Baby-Killing Assault Aminals" and are illegal to possess in Californistan without a special permit. They are in the same legal status as alligator snapping turtles and Bengal tigers. That said, there are estimated to be about 120,000 ILLEGAL pet ferrets here. There is a huge ferret underground, complete with ferret fancier magazines delivered in plain brown wrappers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:34:35 AM EST
My wife and I extend our heartfelt sympathies to you and yours during this time of loss.Non-ferret owners have no comprehension just how these little guys get under your skin and into your heart. We have had the terrible misfortune to lose two ferrets in the last two years, one got out during home remodeling and was killed by the neighbor's dog and the other fell into a hot bath and suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 50% of his body and then suffered kidney failure and died on last Christmas morning. Both Maximus and Little Man are buried in the backyard. I have buried a couple of Grandparents after long illnesses, two friends, several dogs and a great horse and I think that these two guys tore me up the worst. We now have Dart, short for Dartangen (sp?) and he is the absolute ruler of the house! He is the best pet that I have ever had and am hoping that he outlives me and my wife.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 12:16:17 PM EST
thanks wiggy, and everyone! fucker fucker's real name is 'elias'. thought of it while watching 'platoon'. wiggy, i too am sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your 'carpet sharks'. and yes, they are the most wonderful little weirdos aren't they.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 12:25:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2002 12:26:15 PM EST by Greenhorn]
We used to have ferrets for pets, named Sheba and Sasha. One day they just dissappeared. I forget how, it was a long time ago. [i]In my best Apu voice[/i]: They stunk to high heaven, they crapped on the carpet. Still, they were the best damned pets a person could have.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:27:51 PM EST
Sorry to hear that. We have 6. Perseus, Athena, Aphroditie, Hades, Persephone, and Zeus. On Cali laws: If you register them with the Screen Actors Guild, they are then legal. We did it when we were there and have family/friends that still live there with ferrets.
Top Top