Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:44:41 PM EDT
I want to start this thread by saying I mean no disrespect, but would like to share my experience.
The other day my girlfriend and I were ending our vacation to SC and coming home on I-95 north with the flow of traffic at 80 mph.  There was a red ford probe with NC plates passing us on the right at a clearly higher rate of speed.  My girlfriend who was driving moved over to the right lane to get off at an exit for some gas  when the patrol car pulled out with its lights on.  She, assuming the red probe was getting pulled over exited the interstate and immediately came to a stop sign where she waited for a pickup to pass and then continued through only to stop a few yards ahead by the trooper who also exited.  

Upon approaching the vehicle the trooper states my girlfriend was not only speeding but ran a stop sign in an attempt to evade him!  
While retrieving her documents I greeted the trooper as he noticed my badge and ID hanging from the rear view mirror, which he clearly saw.  With no further conversation he goes to the car and comes back with a ticket for speeding and running a stop sign.  

He then says "You dont have to go to court and you have until September 21st to pay it" and walks away.
Now things may be different down there, and perhaps I should have said something but he exuded an attitude that he was in no way interested in anything other than writing a ticket.

So now my question is this. What points if any will carry over to her NJ DL?
The saying goes "One bad apple spoils the bunch" there goes any proffessional courtesy I would extend to any NC trooper that had the same attitiude.  
The fine is only $125 for both violations, but she stands to get points on her license for a bogus stop sign violation. Any help or suggestions?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You are not alone, but I was in Wisconsin.  Must be a few bad apples out there.  I still have my copy of the citation .  I earned the citation for 15 over, but whats with all the attitude?  No wonder people bitch about LEOs and how some LEOs interact with people while performing their job.  I trained a guy that reminds me of this.  Turns out he was coming off as an ass because he did not like confrontation.  So his way of dealing with it was to have very short conversations at the window.  Would just get license, write citation, give citation, cut off any and all conversation and get back into the squad as soon as possible.  No listening, no explination, no instructions.  He never made FTO.  

I have no idea how the points work.  We do not use the points system in Illinois.  Is NC in your state's compact agreement?  NC may not report the citations to your state if not.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a different breed of young nuggets these days.  Half the time I don't know wtf they are thinking.

When I was trained-up, I was taught to treat everyone with respect, do my best to leave the public with a GOOD impression, be polite and professional, realize that I had discretion 99% of the time and only reallio-trulio shitbags got hammered.

I suspect that alot of it has to do with the type of agency you come-up in.  As a rookie meatshield in the Housing Authority Police, just about anything we did could set off of the powder keg, so you learned to walk a very, very fine line between enforcement and turning a blind eye.  Further, we didn't have the manpower and go hauling every mope off to the klink for some chickenshit misdemeanor.  Unless it was a felony or a domestic, it was pretty much break things up and send everyone home with a stern talking to.

When I got on with Chicago, unless you were specifically assigined as a traffic unit, guys would climb into you shit so fast if you were a 'traffic bunny' it was spooky.  Too busy to write citations and go down on misd. traffic arrests.  DUI?  Park it and pick the keys up at the station in the AM.

There is some wierd myth that IL LEOs and WI LEOs hate each other.  Iwas told this by my FTOs at both CHA and CPD.  Had a guy get on the job who was previoulsy a Milwaukee copper and he'd heard the same thing.  I got stopped by troopers twice in Wisc and both times as soon as they saw the tin and the commision card, it was "Take care brother, have a nice day."

I've never been fond of this community oriented policing shit they are shoving down our throats these days...but fuck, when did everyone start being an ass to Avg. Joe Citizen?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I know it's a long range thing but I say fight it, and then hassle the shit out of the DA and the officers CO for wrongful arrest.  He'll have dashcam footage that will proove he is a liar.  I hate asshole cops,  they ruin it for the good ones.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Atleast she wasnt charged with evading.  Here in texas if you evade it in a vehical its a Felony.  I dont know about other states though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The saying goes "One bad apple spoils the bunch" there goes any proffessional courtesy I would extend to any NC trooper that had the same attitiude.  

You admitted that your girlfriend was in violation of the speed limit. The guy was doing his job. She got pinched. You're pissed because you are certain that he knew that you are on the job but didn't extend any professional courtesy to you. Why do you hang your tin and card from your rearview mirror?
If you have been on the job long enough, you would know that your badge doesn't mean a whole lot to some guys. You shouldn't expect it to get you out of a ticket. When it does, it's a gift. It's not something you are entitled to just because you're on the job.

And maybe this Trooper had a bad experience with a NJ cop in the past and has developed the same childish attitude that your "one bad apple" comment expresses. Some of the cops that I've stopped have been real assholes. In fact, I've come to expect attitude from off duty cops. Professional courtesy, like respect is a two way street.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been pulled over by officers many times (some times by mistake, such as "I have been following you for 10 miles and you are doing 75 the whole time"  when in fact I had just left work and merged onto the freeway at the last exit and the speed limit was 75 in the area I was driving).

I have been let off countless times when I was actually in the wrong.  I have never shown my DOJ ID in an attempt to get out of a ticket, though officers in other states have taken me to their patrol cars while running my info and then tell me I'm not getting a ticket.  I will then tell them where I work and I have been asked why I didn't tell them that to begin with.  The reason is the agency I work for has a code of conduct that says you will not misuse your credentials (though those above my pay grade do it all the time.)  

If an officer lets me off on a ticket I consider myself lucky.  But then again,
I had an officer in a hick town I had just moved to on a transfer to South Dakota pull me over once for going through a stop sign (I didn't go through it, I came to a complete stop).  He asked me where I worked, when I told him his response was, "Those Motherf**kers wouldn't hire me, wait here I'll be back with your ticket".   That was one of 4 officers that have ticketed me in 19 years.

Out of 4 officers who have given me tickets in 3 different states, I have gone to court only in Arizona. I obtained an attorney (no alcohol citations involved)  4 tickets after an accident which was my fault.  Prosecutor wouldn't accept a plea and was going for my license, police officer was an idiot and proved it in front of the female judge. Officer who wrote the citations had two charges which had wrong codes on the citations.  

Prosecutor called me a liar and had a witness to prove it, the owner of the vehicle who was an old tied-dyed hippie with a long pony tail.  Ended up he wasn't the owner, his daughter was and she had never gotten the vehicle titled in her name after buying it a long time before.  The hippie got on the stand and said that I was telling the truth about the incident.

The female judge went ballistic on the prosecutor for wasting her time (1/2 a day) on my trial.  I was put back on the stand and I turned to the judge and said I would have plead guilty to not changing my address within 10 days of moving to my new house (I had already changed it the day after the accident) and not maintaining control of my vehicle.  She threw out 3 of the tickets, told me she would accept my guilty plea of not maintaining control of my vehicle, fined me a total of $80.00 and dismissed me.  She told the prosecutor and the officer to stay as she wanted to talk to them.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you hang your tin and card from your rearview mirror?

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

To not get tickets when his girlfriend is speeding
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be a NJ thing.  I know in Chicago, if you light up an off-duty copper, we'd  just hang our tin out the window.  Saves the officer trying to effect the stop the hassle of getting out of his car.  If you DON'T do it, some of the older guys will chew you a new ass.

Didn't go over so well in the suburbs though and the ISP guys just hated it.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been stopped about 4 times in the last few years.  Twice I was given a break for speeding after the officer asked who I worked for and twice I got a ticket for speeding.  I couldn't blame anyone but myself so I took care of the tickets with defensive driving courses.  It sucked but my badge doesn't entitle me to anything.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#11]
  Here in Delaware I was pulled over pulling into my Correctional Facility for a faulty exhaust. (had a small hole in my cat).  lol Needless to say when the shift commander found out the young officer that ticketed me ended up driving all his transport to the other prison 1 1/2 hr up the road farther.

C/Os in Delaware are considered full LEO with powers of arrest on duty, But like Rodney Dangerfield...........I tell ya no respec.........
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#12]
"I've been pulled over by officers many times "
"I have been let off countless times when I was actually in the wrong."
"I had an officer in a hick town I had just moved to on a transfer to South Dakota pull me over once for going through a stop sign"
"Out of 4 officers who have given me tickets in 3 different states"

Dude, you're a menace to the motoring public. I've been driving since I was 15. I'm 48 now. I've been stopped a total of three times in my life. Out of the three stops, I got one ticket for expired inspection sticker.
Behave yourself, and don't become the object of an Officer's attention.  Then you won't have to interact with those "Idiot Hick Cops" that are doing the job we are paying them to do.
I see a definate attitude problem here, but it's not on the cop's end....h

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The other day my girlfriend and I were ending our vacation to SC and coming home on I-95 north with the flow of traffic at 80 mph.  

Your girlfriend is a safty hazard.  I drive every day as part of my job, and NO ONE doing 80 on public roads has any business being behind the wheel.  You are lucky she didn't get busted for careless and reckless as well as speeding.

The NCHP guy may have had to pick up the pieces of a high speed wreck the day before, those kind of wrecks are referred to as "teeth, hair and eyeballs" wrecks.  Those images stay with you a long time.

Pay the fine and slow the car down, maybe both of you will be around this time next year so you can take another vacation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"I've been pulled over by officers many times "
"I have been let off countless times when I was actually in the wrong."
"I had an officer in a hick town I had just moved to on a transfer to South Dakota pull me over once for going through a stop sign"
"Out of 4 officers who have given me tickets in 3 different states"

Dude, you're a menace to the motoring public. I've been driving since I was 15. I'm 48 now. I've been stopped a total of three times in my life. Out of the three stops, I got one ticket for expired inspection sticker.
Behave yourself, and don't become the object of an Officer's attention.  Then you won't have to interact with those "Idiot Hick Cops" that are doing the job we are paying them to do.
I see a definate attitude problem here, but it's not on the cop's end....

Rich

When you quote someone why don't you put the rest of what they said into that quote?  

"Those Motherf**kers wouldn't hire me, wait here I'll be back with your ticket".

3,000 residents applied for about 50 jobs that were available.  You don't see any attitude in the officer that pulled me over.  If I get pulled over I take the ticket from them without saying a word.

Like I said, I stopped at the stop sign.  He was pissed he was working for $13,000 a year and back in the 1980's we hired people at double that.  A whole lot more now.

I lived in that town for 4 years after that ticket and came back to visit once and got another ticket.  I once again had out of state plates.  Not going to go into it with you, but if you had out of state plates you were getting a ticket in that town.  When an officer has to be on food stamps along with his full yearly salary and he sees you come into town making more than he made in 4 years (in the 1980's) I guess he wasn't too happy.  Most of the law enforcement officers in that part of South Dakota at the time were former farmers and dairy farm owners who had lost everything and filed bancruptcy in the last few years.  They had very little training in law enforcement.

One of the other times it was a female DPS officer in AZ who had pulled me over saying she had paced me for 10 miles when I had just merged onto the freeway.

Most of the times I have been pulled over I was driving a sports car in AZ.  I have since got rid of the car.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The other day my girlfriend and I were ending our vacation to SC and coming home on I-95 north with the flow of traffic at 80 mph.  

Your girlfriend is a safty hazard.  I drive every day as part of my job, and NO ONE doing 80 on public roads has any business being behind the wheel.  You are lucky she didn't get busted for careless and reckless as well as speeding.

The NCHP guy may have had to pick up the pieces of a high speed wreck the day before, those kind of wrecks are referred to as "teeth, hair and eyeballs" wrecks.  Those images stay with you a long time.

Pay the fine and slow the car down, maybe both of you will be around this time next year so you can take another vacation.

I don't think doing 80 in a 70 is that bad if the rest of traffic is.  How much difference does 10mph make from 70 to 80 in a crash?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#17]
join the club state poopers down here suck big time... the cops around here only care about two things donuts and there quota... they just dont give a SHIT

sorry bout your visit to nc sucking
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#18]
To the Tin_Star who likes to leave items out of his selective quotes:

While in college at Ferris State University (Criminal Justice Bachelor's Degree with a minor in Psychology) I was pulled over once in Reed City, MI by a not so bright State Trooper.  I was doing an internship with the State Police Post in Cadillac, MI at the time.  What was the crime I was pulled over for.  Eating a foil pack of Planter's peanuts, traffic was backed up do to heavy snow and an officer passes going the other way, his lights go on and he does a U-turn and pulls into traffic.  I think there must be an accident ahead so I keep going with the flow of traffic (15 mph).

This officer pulls beside me and points to the side of the road, I pull over to a gas station.  He walks up to my door and orders me out of my car.  "Where's the beer you were drinking?"  

"Beer, I was eating Planter's peanuts", I respond.  

"Don't give me that, I saw you drinking a beer".

"Excuse me, the peanuts are right there on the passenger seat".

"You can let me search your car or we can go to the station and we can do a test on you".

"Go ahead, search the car"  He tore it apart and found nothing and then says, "Well, maybe I was mistaken".

Yeah, I have an attitude against idiot police officers with no right being on the job.  Are you one of them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]
"Yeah, I have an attitude against idiot police officers with no right being on the job. Are you one of them?"

I'm sure by your standards, we are all idiot police officers. You are the only one smart enough to wear a badge. But I've managed to be a Police Officer for 27 years. My attitude? I have an attitude against arrogant assholes who think they are above the law.  You tell us how many times you've been stopped. And it's always the idiot cop's fault. You were never in the wrong. BS. Where there's smoke, there's fire.  Let me do the math here. CJ Major, shiney sports car. Holier than thou attitude. Gee, you are just SOOOO much better than those unwashed, uneducated street cops. It must hurt when they catch you screwing up, and are not impressed with your arrogant bullshit. From reading your post, I can just bet you are a real sweetheart on the side of the road. I've seen it WAY too many times. I'm not interested in your slanted versions of the MANY times you were stopped. Your statement above proves my point. Pretty impressed with yourself, huh? Too bad for you that no one else is. Behave yourself, and you won't have anything to worry about from all us idiot cops.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Jesus, calm down fuckers...... everyone.  Cops and asshole civilians alike.  Yes there are asshole cops out there.  I've gotten a ticket BECAUSE my grandfather was the guys boss and had scored him low in the acadamy.  Does that mean all cops are uneducated hick assholes, NO.  As a firefighter I've dealt with some might fucking stupid civilians also.  said the drunk driver"I only had a 6 pack I didn't mean to kill them"  Does that mean all civilians are uneducated hick assholes? NO.  If you get a ticket, guilty or not, cop or not, shut the fuck up.  Cause there were plenty of times you got away with it whether you did it that time or not.  Blah blah blah....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Uh...speedlimits here on the interstate is 75mph and the Troopers usually don't move out of the shade to clip you unless you are doing 20 over.

On the freeways/loops etc through town, speed limit is 65 and it's rare that I shag anyone down for under 80.  Hell, most traffic is moving at 80.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh...speedlimits here on the interstate is 75mph and the Troopers usually don't move out of the shade to clip you unless you are doing 20 over.

On the freeways/loops etc through town, speed limit is 65 and it's rare that I shag anyone down for under 80.  Hell, most traffic is moving at 80.

Sheep

Your a good cop. lol.  But there are some around that will pull people over just for out of state tags.  Almost like free money.  People are less likely to fight an out of state ticket.  And wrenchy,  Look at germany,  autobahn, no speed limits,  MUCH lower tc and traffic fatality rate than here on the no speed limit parts of the autobahn.  There other roads.  It's a lot closer to ours.  Speed doesn't kill, the drunks and the assholes going 50 mph slower than the flow kill people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#23]

I've been pulled over by officers many times (some times by mistake, such as "I have been following you for 10 miles and you are doing 75 the whole time" when in fact I had just left work and merged onto the freeway at the last exit and the speed limit was 75 in the area I was driving).

I have been let off countless times when I was actually in the wrong. I have never shown my DOJ ID in an attempt to get out of a ticket, though officers in other states have taken me to their patrol cars while running my info and then tell me I'm not getting a ticket.[b/] I will then tell them where I work and I have been asked why I didn't tell them that to begin with. The reason is the agency I work for has a code of conduct that says you will not misuse your credentials (though those above my pay grade do it all the time.)

See there, once again, you take quotes out of context.  You are probably one of those crooked cops that just hasn't been caught yet and locked up or fired like you most likely should be.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Another time...Pulled over in MO on 44.  Officer pulled me back to his patrol car with his canine in the back seat.  Told me right off, "I'm not ticketing you, you've got a new SUV with temporary plates, what is in the green bag in the back? ".

"Clothes, I'm going to MI on vacation, you can search the vehicle if you want".

"No, I don't need to search your vehicle, but your from Arizona, right?".

"Yeah, I'm stopping at my sisters house in St. Louis, MO, you want to search my vehicle?  Nothing in it except AK's and AR-15's".

"No, that's alright, assault weapons are legal in this state"  You sure it's just clothes in that green bag?"

"Yeah, you can search the vehicle if you want."

"No, that's alright.  I just pulled you over because you had temporary plates on your vehicle dated 3 days ago".

"No problem, I work for the Department of Justice"

"You have your credentials?  Why didn't you show me those to begin with?"

"Because that would be a violation of our agencies policy and would just get OIA involved if you gave them a call."

"Just to let you know we get a lot of drug dealers through here and I pulled you over because of the temporary plates".

Yeah, I guess I am just a menace to society because I am able to buy new vehicles when I want one and get to retire in 3 years.  Get a life.  Isn't Texas the state where the law enforcement officers take the German shepards into their jails and let them attack the prisoners?

Take it somewhere else  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
But there are some around that will pull people over just for out of state tags.  Almost like free money.  People are less likely to fight an out of state ticket.  

Sadly, most rookies jump on traffic enforcement because it's easy and (in their minds) a low-pressure contact.  They can write a whole pile of tickets and it makes them feel like super-cops, while the rest of us are running our asses off call to call and taking stacked calls off of the MDT.

I work with a couple of guys who are absolute asses about traffic enforcement, including ticketing my wife.  She was speeding.  84 in a 75.  In my mind, that's chickenshit...not ticketing a cop's wife, but citing for 9 fucking mph over.

The motor guys in my PD are the worst.  In general, nice guys, but they have this Judge Dreadish attitude towards traffic enforcement.  Granted, they have standards they have to adhere to in order to remain a motor officer regarding how many citations they put out....but good Lord, there are PLENTY of shitbags to go hassle.  Hell, off of one ghetto sled I can get at least 5 beans without even trying.

The whole out of state thing most of the time is a drug interdiction (or at least it SHOULD be) tool.  Look for tags out of certain states running the corridor...either taking dope one way or cash the other.  The bad part of this technique is that you have to be pretty uniform in how you issue citations.  If you cut loose every out of state soccer-mom, but pile tickets on the drivers you arrest as the result of a siezure....pretty soon, some moonbat is going to start yelling PROFILING!  Sucks, but that's the way the game is played.  

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Another time...Pulled over in MO on 44.  Officer pulled me back to his patrol car with his canine in the back seat.  Told me right off, "I'm not ticketing you, you've got a new SUV with temporary plates, what is in the green bag in the back? ".

"Clothes, I'm going to MI on vacation, you can search the vehicle if you want".

"No, I don't need to search your vehicle, but your from Arizona, right?".

"Yeah, I'm stopping at my sisters house in St. Louis, MO, you want to search my vehicle?  Nothing in it except AK's and AR-15's".

"No, that's alright, assault weapons are legal in this state"  You sure it's just clothes in that green bag?"

"Yeah, you can search the vehicle if you want."

"No, that's alright.  I just pulled you over because you had temporary plates on your vehicle dated 3 days ago".

"No problem, I work for the Department of Justice"

"You have your credentials?  Why didn't you show me those to begin with?"

"Because that would be a violation of our agencies policy and would just get OIA involved if you gave them a call."

"Just to let you know we get a lot of drug dealers through here and I pulled you over because of the temporary plates".

Yeah, I guess I am just a menace to society because I am able to buy new vehicles when I want one and get to retire in 3 years.  Get a life.  Isn't Texas the state where the law enforcement officers take the German shepards into their jails and let them attack the prisoners?

Take it somewhere else  

Just to let you know for the sake of those around you.  Your a self righteous ass. Take it somewhere else
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But there are some around that will pull people over just for out of state tags.  Almost like free money.  People are less likely to fight an out of state ticket.  

Sadly, most rookies jump on traffic enforcement because it's easy and (in their minds) a low-pressure contact.  They can write a whole pile of tickets and it makes them feel like super-cops, while the rest of us are running our asses off call to call and taking stacked calls off of the MDT.

I work with a couple of guys who are absolute asses about traffic enforcement, including ticketing my wife.  She was speeding.  84 in a 75.  In my mind, that's chickenshit...not ticketing a cop's wife, but citing for 9 fucking mph over.

The motor guys in my PD are the worst.  In general, nice guys, but they have this Judge Dreadish attitude towards traffic enforcement.  Granted, they have standards they have to adhere to in order to remain a motor officer regarding how many citations they put out....but good Lord, there are PLENTY of shitbags to go hassle.  Hell, off of one ghetto sled I can get at least 5 beans without even trying.

The whole out of state thing most of the time is a drug interdiction (or at least it SHOULD be) tool.  Look for tags out of certain states running the corridor...either taking dope one way or cash the other.  The bad part of this technique is that you have to be pretty uniform in how you issue citations.  If you cut loose every out of state soccer-mom, but pile tickets on the drivers you arrest as the result of a siezure....pretty soon, some moonbat is going to start yelling PROFILING!  Sucks, but that's the way the game is played.  

Sheep

One of the reasons I got picked to go to the LRPD acadamy was when asked questions about my attitude and what sort of officer I thought I'd be, I said "well I know I'm not going to be hero and save the people of little rock from all evil"  My grand father did 39 years on the LRPD and between that, the exposure to LEO's that comes with that, and 6 years as an EMT in LR I learned a lot about how they do things and the differences in attitude of some cops.  Wierd thing is, you can actually profile cops better than you civilians,  or I think so at least.   I'm pretty into giving people shit that give cops shit.  Most people don't understand a tenth of what yall go through much less care or respect you for it.  They generally let a few bad apples ruin it for the good ones.  It sucks for ya'll which is why I respect most cops so much.  And I'm trying to become one cause I like punishment I guess lol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#28]
You see buddy, go read my first post very carefully if you are able to make out the big words.  I take responsibility for when I was in the wrong.  Now take a look at the posts that you made where each time you selectively leave out certain parts of the sentences to make it look like I said something I didn't.

I bet you do the same thing when you write your reports.

Now why don't you take your 25 post non-team member ass on to the general forum and ask if I am a crooked individual.  There are people from this site that have done business with me or met me in person and can probably vouch for me.  Can you say the same or are you just a troll?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
And I'm trying to become one cause I like punishment I guess lol.

Now see....that there is what you call irony.  Back in the day, before I was the popo, I was a vol. FF and worked all the way up to paramedic.

Now I find myself saying most of time: "Wrong line, genius.  Should have been a FF."

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Having shelled out some bucks to make your a team member doesn't make you special numb nuts.  Doing buisness with people doesn't mean your not a self righteous ass.  And I'm an EMT  I don't have to write reports, that's what medics are for.  Now I guess it's a know it all self righteous ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And I'm trying to become one cause I like punishment I guess lol.

Now see....that there is what you call irony.  Back in the day, before I was the popo, I was a vol. FF and worked all the way up to paramedic.

Now I find myself saying most of time: "Wrong line, genius.  Should have been a FF."

Sheep

I love it, and I'll probably always be a volunteer firefighter.  But police work is in my blood.  And even if it's 90% bs and paper work,  at least in police work your actually out doing stuff.  90% of the fire dept  is sitting on your ass getting fat.  Might be ok for later in life but right now it's to damned boring.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Having shelled out some bucks to make your a team member doesn't make you special numb nuts.  Doing buisness with people doesn't mean your not a self righteous ass.  And I'm an EMT  I don't have to write reports, that's what medics are for.  Now I guess it's a know it all self righteous ass.

As you post 446 time in the month (22 days)since you joined this site.  Damn, you have definately got alot to say.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
90% of the fire dept  is sitting on your ass getting fat.  Might be ok for later in life but right now it's to damned boring.

Exactly!

.40 cal FMJ through my right bicep, exited and took a rather large part of my tricep with it.  Pretty damn exciting, I tell you what.

Would have rather been sitting on my ass in the station in a nice comfy barcalounger watching Rescue Me.  

Sheep

Edit:  One more thing - I know we beat the shit outta each other in GD over all manner of silly shit, but this is supposed to be the BROTHERS of the Shield forum, no matter what shield you wear.  Check fire guys.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I've got a 22 round in my thigh that I got on the fire dept.  Been shot at plenty of times but this was a loaded gun left in a burning house.  I actually didn't know I was shot cause my adrenaline was pumping so high.  Someone pointed it out to me after I came out to change bottles.  THEN it hurt.  Shit happens either place.  To me when God wants ya, your gone.  Doesn't stop me from ducking though
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you post 446 time in the month (22 days)since you joined this site.  Damn, you have definately got alot to say.

Excuse me, my mistake, 17 days 446 posts?  Shit, you will break 9500 posts in one year.  You really need to probably spend some time cleaning some toilets there at the station instead of spending all you time posting on AR15.com.  Is it your night to cook at the fire department there?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me, my mistake, 17 days 446 posts?  Shit, you will break 9500 posts in one year.  You really need to probably spend some time cleaning some toilets there at the station instead of spending all you time posting on AR15.com.  Is it your night to cook at the fire department there?

You've ran your mouth enough to show that all your doing is talking trash,  you don't have anything at all to say that could be taken as trying to prove a point.  Your being the type of childish ass that gives all gun lovers a bad name.  I'll no longer lower myself to your level by honoring your shit talking with a response.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheep

I-10  Tucson, pulled over for doing 75 in a 75 where the female DPS officer thought it was a 65.  Between the Kolb and Rita Rd. exits if you've been there.  Said she had paced me from Craycroft but I had merged onto I-10 at Wilmot.  Yeah, I'm a real menace for doing the speed limit of 75 on I-10.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I-10  Tucson, pulled over for doing 75 in a 75 where the female DPS officer thought it was a 65.  Between the Kolb and Rita Rd. exits if you've been there.  Said she had paced me from Craycroft but I had merged onto I-10 at Wilmot.  Yeah, I'm a real menace for doing the speed limit of 75 on I-10.

Yep.  I know exactly where it is.  You know women and locations though.  Could get lost in a closet.

Never said you were a menace, Brother.  Just asked for a little target verification before you and Dusty_C went on swingin' at one another.  As I said, we all serve and protect in one way or another.

I'll lay into some nitwit in GD, or some non-sworn idiot who spouts BS in here, but I try to check my fire when it comes to folks in the same line of work.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#39]
"Yeah, I guess I am just a menace to society because I am able to buy new vehicles when I want one and get to retire in 3 years."

Yeah, you're a ledgend in your own mind.
What a pompous ass.

Dept. of Justice? Isn't that who screwed the pooch at Ruby Ridge?
Dept. of Justice? Didn't they get their assess handed to them in Miami?
Dept. of Justice? Didn't they get the attack plan for 9/11, sit on it and let a few thousand people die?
Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to show those credentials either....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#40]
"I'll lay into some nitwit in GD, or some non-sworn idiot who spouts BS in here, but I try to check my fire when it comes to folks in the same line of work.

Sheep,
Just remember that "MAK" is the one who didn't have a problem coming in here and throwing the "Idiot Cop" stuff around. If he expects professional courtesy, he needs to learn to give it.
Don't start no shit, and there won't be any.
I've got a couple of horror stories I could recant here about my dealings with the Feds, but I'll refrain. I won't come in here and slam other cops. But if someone feels the need to fire a shot across my bow (or another Officer's), I won't just sit back and take it.
I'm an old school cop. I'm a big believer in the brotherhood of the badge.
What were those three biggest lies? Didn't one of them go something like this?:
"I'm from the Justice Dept. and I'm here to help you"
That "Jack Booted Thug" stuff didn't start on the local level.
People in glass houses shouldn't get in stone throwing contests.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Tin_Star,

See, once again you are unable to read.  Go back and read my first post before you show once again that you are an idiot.  Never once have I asked for "professional courtesy".  In fact you are the one who attacked me in taking my posts and editting them to fit your attacks.  Are you unable to read or what.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Gee,
I was going to tell about the time the NCHP ticketed me in uniform, on duty, but we seem to have left that thread back a ways...
NOI
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn, are you are that dense, or just a hedWhy don't you use that superior, college educated, federal mind to go back and re-read this thread, and try to learn something from it.
Maybe, just maybe, you'll get a clue.
But I doubt it.

Have a nice life
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Damn, are you are that dense, or just a ?.
OK, I'm finished with this thread.
Why don't you use that superior, college educated, federal mind to go back and re-read this thread, and try to learn something from it.
Maybe, just maybe, you'll get a clue.
But I doubt it.

Have a nice life

Big clue right there he's not capable of learning from his mistakes.  And infact will probably move on to reoffend in a more heinous matter.  At some point he needs to say to himself "if everyone has a problem with me, maybe just maybe I'm doing something wrong.  But he works for the DOJ and logic is not a trait they look for apparently.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Your GF was speeding, got caught, he did not carry on a frinedly conversation nor extend you a pass because of your badge was hanging like some kind of bling from the review mirror?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sheep

This one really chaps my ass to the Nth degree.  Fish in your downtime.  

NorCal  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I want to start this thread by saying I mean no disrespect, but would like to share my experience.
The other day my girlfriend and I were ending our vacation to SC and coming home on I-95 north with the flow of traffic at 80 mph.  There was a red ford probe with NC plates passing us on the right at a clearly higher rate of speed.  My girlfriend who was driving moved over to the right lane to get off at an exit for some gas  when the patrol car pulled out with its lights on.  She, assuming the red probe was getting pulled over exited the interstate and immediately came to a stop sign where she waited for a pickup to pass and then continued through only to stop a few yards ahead by the trooper who also exited.  

Upon approaching the vehicle the trooper states my girlfriend was not only speeding but ran a stop sign in an attempt to evade him!  
While retrieving her documents I greeted the trooper as he noticed my badge and ID hanging from the rear view mirror, which he clearly saw.  With no further conversation he goes to the car and comes back with a ticket for speeding and running a stop sign.  

He then says "You dont have to go to court and you have until September 21st to pay it" and walks away.
Now things may be different down there, and perhaps I should have said something but he exuded an attitude that he was in no way interested in anything other than writing a ticket.

So now my question is this. What points if any will carry over to her NJ DL?
The fine is only $125 for both violations, but she stands to get points on her license for a bogus stop sign violation. Any help or suggestions?

NC Troopers tend to be some of the most professional officers I have ever encountered, and I have had many tell me that they do not believe in "professional courtesy" if someone appears to have been counting on it as a way to get away with something. Hanging your badge on the mirrow when it was of no use to you there showed them that you were hoping to use it as a way out of tickets.

They tend to hold each other to a high standard, and other officers as well. I guess you didn't stack up to what they expect from an officer. Did he seem gruff? Maybe it was that he was pissed at your attempt to display a badge to get out of a ticket. So yeah, "things may be different down there".

Don't want any points? Hire a local lawyer to plead it down to a non-points violation, they will usually do that with an increased fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#50]
lock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top