Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2004 10:49:03 AM EDT
I voted in Philly because I just moved to Abington and didn't have time to re-register.  On the car ride to the polling place, I had to drive through a gauntlet of Kerry supporters.  Just about every other corner had people holding up signs that said "honk for Kerry!".  A lot of them were school age kids, during school hours.  There was a public school at 22nd and Parrish  just around the corner from the polling place at 25th and Poplar that was being used as a command center for move-on people (I could tell because they had armbands on that identified them as such).  When I got to the polling place, there were two move-on people standing DIRECTLY in from of the polling place.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel like they were there to intimidate me, I'm just stating that they were there.  On the way out, one of them asked me if I was contacted by move-on, and I said "no".  The guy said "ok thanks" and that was it.

What I think was going on was the move-on people had previously contacted known Dems so that they could know exactly which people to exit-poll.  Whoever answered "yes" would be a good candidate for them to poll, because in all likelyhood they'd be Kerry voters.  This is why I think the early exit polls indicated a 20-point lead for Kerry yesterday afternoon.  I could be wrong, because I'm not sure who does the exit polling - individual media outlets, election officials, or groups like move-on.

Anyone have an idea why else they would ask me if I was contacted by phone yesterday?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top